Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    While I agree they are develouping a game, and things are subject to change, but they should be confident enough in their open world end game by now to say definitively either 'yes' or 'no'.
    A video posted 2 pages ago. Tom Chilton categorically and plainly states; "We are going to to wait and see. We want the community to decide."

Answer. There it is.

Some answers are "lets see". Not every single thing is black and white.

It's always been of interest to me how utterly extreme and polarising internet opinions have to be. Everything must be win or fail. Overpowered or broken. Flying must be staying forever or never coming back....

Nothing can be measured or middle ground.

Having an answer and having the answer you want are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Majority of players voiced their displeasure at the removal of portals and it was reverted.

Triage healing was reverted as well.

Why Blizz is repeating mistakes again? Because their a team is back from the titan project and they were not around to learn from the mistakes of the b team. I guess Blizz has to "learn" again that at stove you touch may be hot...again lulz.
    Yeah and Triage healing was fantastic, as was the removal of portals and the removal of flying. But...I guess kids need to get their way even if the game isn't as good. Can't hate though, can't hate. After all, you make it possible for me to keep playing the good parts of this game by funneling money to make it easier for you to...what was it he said? Oh right, take screenshots of vistas. That.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    My logical estimate is based on past experiences:

*MoP gated dailies (timesink/grind)

*Triage healing (timesink/grind)

*Removing portals (timesink/grind)
    Two of those things (gated dailies, triage healing) were involved with the basic mechanics of progression, the core activity of end game. Equating those to removal of flying is absurd.

There is no evidence that removing portals did anything significant to subscriptions.

So, no, you have zero evidence that the set of people incensed (and enough to quit) by this will be significant. The examples you gave aren't such evidence.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I didn't dictate shit, Mr...I wanna argue just in spite? Did I get that right? I mean, that's what you said right? right? Roflmao gtfo.
    I assume your one of those no flyer types. If than this the case then yes you are.

Also, never said I WAS going to "argue out of spite", just expressed my temptation to do so.

Deleted
    Yeah and Triage healing was fantastic, as was the removal of portals and the removal of flying. But...I guess kids need to get their way even if the game isn't as good. Can't hate though, can't hate. After all, you make it possible for me to keep playing the good parts of this game by funneling money to make it easier for you to...what was it he said? Oh right, take screenshots of vistas. That.
    This sounds like something a person in a mental health institution might repeat forever under their breath:

"Can't hate can't hate kids must have their way can't hate though can't hate what was it he said? Cant hate can't hate"

*rocks back and forth*

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    A video posted 2 pages ago. Tom Chilton categorically and plainly states; "We are going to to wait and see. We want the community to decide."

Answer. There it is.

Some answers are "lets see". Not every single thing is black and white.

It's always been of interest to me how utterly extreme and polarising internet opinions have to be. Everything must be win or fail. Overpowered or broken. Nothing can be measured or middle ground.

Having an answer and having the answer you want are not the same thing.
    I saw the interview, he said that same or similar line about 3 or 4 (guestimating) different things. That is not a definitive answer that inspires confidence, it is a expression of hope that what they have scraped together will be actually good enough to entertain its paying customers.

And yes, I agree, the polarizing thing is happening a lot on both sides on this argument in this very thread. Flight is win or fail, it is overpowered or broken, it can't be measured or middle ground.

Also though, however, have been both pro flight and anti flight people offering compromises, in the hopes of reaching that middle ground and make everyone happy, rather than removing something and pissing off anyone uneedlessly.

Having a company selling me something and giving me a decisive answer and having a company selling me something shrug its shoulders aren't the same thing, either.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I assume your one of those no flyer types. If than this the case then yes you are.

Also, never said I WAS going to "argue out of spite", just expressed my temptation to do so.
    LOLOLOL, Oh cuz pro-flyers don't dictate how I want to play the game? I want to play a game with no flying, stop telling me what I find enjoyable blah blah shitty argument #40000. You're arguing out of spite if you defend flying at this point, end of story.

Also though, however, have been both pro flight and anti flight people offering compromises,
    My compromise is that flight is reduced to 40% speed, all mine/herb/players/NPCS and quest objects become invisible while flying, and all queues (eg lfg lfd etc) are suspended while flying. That way you can trudge your way from A to point B, and trivialize everything on the way, but will still want to quickly get back on the ground where you belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOLOLOL, Oh cuz pro-flyers don't dictate how I want to play the game? I want to play a game with no flying, stop telling me what I find enjoyable blah blah shitty argument #40000. You're arguing out of spite if you defend flying at this point, end of story.
    Aren't you a angry little kid.

I am willing to wait for 6.1 to fly; but the latest comments from blizzard strongly suggests otherwise.

You can still use your ground mounts if flying is allowed however so you lost that particular part of the argument.

So anti-flyers, who already have a game that does not require flying, want other people not to fly.

I do not get it.

In order for anti-flyers to enjoy their game, they need other people to play like them?

Does not sound healthy to me.

Deleted
    Anything new about this during Gamescon?

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    So anti-flyers, who already have a game that does not require flying, want other people not to fly.

I do not get it.

In order for anti-flyers to enjoy their game, they need other people to play like them?

Does not sound healthy to me.
    Its an MMO. Everyone has a right to say how other people should be playing the game. If we were all playing Skyrim or a single player game, then you'd have a point.

No one is telling you to fly. In fact, we are asking you to play the game the way you want, but we don't get the same courtesy from your side that keeps telling us "haha, no flying, you should just quit!"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    This isn't the community they're looking for. Want to have a real voice? Put it on the official forums.

Deleted
    I think I'll not buy WoD until there's flying. It feels like I'm not actually paying for anything that came as standard with previous expac's otherwise. The community decision may be financially decided if others do the same heh.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Its an MMO. Everyone has a right to say how other people should be playing the game. If we were all playing Skyrim or a single player game, then you'd have a point.
    You mean "since it's an MMO, no one should have the right to tell anyone how to play, and there are many different ways to play in an MMO"? Or, are you really telling me that there is only one way to play an MMO, and that one way is the one that you have dictated?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    My compromise is that flight is reduced to 40% speed, all mine/herb/players/NPCS and quest objects become invisible while flying, and all queues (eg lfg lfd etc) are suspended while flying. That way you can trudge your way from A to point B, and trivialize everything on the way, but will still want to quickly get back on the ground where you belong.
    I'm 100% fine with that, and that is kinda more lenient than I went. Here were my suggestions...

-Flying while questing : Only have flight at max level.

-Flying to trivialize questing content at max level : make the zones not flyable until you have completed all the quests for that zone.

-WPvP : Besides Ashran, put WPvP objectives in the world that offer comparable rewards to instanced PvP content. (Towers to cap, areas to win and hold, choke points to over run etc, all rewarding honor, cp, gear and items/mounts). Increase the time to cast /mount a flying mount. Decrease the dmg needed to dismount a flying mounted player target. Make the announcement of PvP logistical targets being attacked appear in trade chat on Ashran.

-Size of the world : Make explorer a requirement to unlock flying, nerf the speed of flying, lower the sky box.

-Max level daily/weekly/quest area trivialization : Make those areas unflyable (like IoT, TI, MF etc).

-Making flying relevant : Add content that highlights and uses flying.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No one is telling you to fly. In fact, we are asking you to play the game the way you want, but we don't get the same courtesy from your side that keeps telling us "haha, no flying, you should just quit!"...
    Yeah I want to play the game with others, as is supposed to be for a fucking MMO, but clearly you treat this as a glorified single player game, so you can do whatever you want, clearly the game devs agree with me and um...the oh wait, yeah right, no one agrees with you other than the other ppl who treat this as a glorified single player game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You mean "since it's an MMO, no one should have the right to tell anyone how to play, and there are many different ways to play in an MMO"? Or, are you really telling me that there is only one way to play an MMO, and that one way is the one that you have dictated?
    How bout we narrow this down from MMO to WoW and "you have dictated" to "Blizzard has dictated, cuz it's their fucking game" and you make sense finally.

Yeah I want to play the game with others, as is supposed to be for a fucking MMO, but clearly you treat this as a glorified single player game, so you can do whatever you want, clearly the game devs agree with me and um...the oh wait, yeah right, no one agrees with you other than the other ppl who treat this as a glorified single player game.

- - - Updated - - -

How bout we narrow this down from MMO to WoW and "you have dictated" to "Blizzard has dictated, cuz it's their fucking game" and you make sense finally.
    Blizzard just said in an interview that the playerbase dictates whether flying will be in or not. I guess you didn't watch it.

Flying didn't remove people from the open world. The queue system did.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post

The rest of your post, yeah, something shady about selling a game with a flying mount that might never be used in that game as advertised, and expecting players to go on this wild ride of experimentation with them.
    Yeah, they still talk about how you can swoop down from the sky on that mount in advertising. It's gross, really. Just gross.