Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What the fuck did I just read? Are you saying that Blizzard doesn't care about money at all as long as their plan is to disable flying? Why would they say it all depends on player reaction?
    Impossible as to how you arrived at that conclusion. I said Blizzard's primary focus is to create a great game that is compelling to not only old, but new players. Their secondary focus is money. Where did you read anything about disabling flying as their primary reason. wtf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    How do you get the idea it's from the loss of no new content? Have you got any statistics showing it's because of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Which MMOs did you play yet?
    Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, and FF14.

I got that idea the sub loss was from a lack of content because I am an unparalleled genius. Also because the same thing happened for 3 expansions in a row, with more people being comfortable unsubbing as they years have progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Impossible as to how you arrived at that conclusion. I said Blizzard's primary focus is to create a great game that is compelling to not only old, but new players. Their secondary focus is money. Where did you read anything about disabling flying as their primary reason. wtf.
    You need to take a class in business if you truly think their second objective is money and not their first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    I said Blizzard's primary focus is to create a great game that is compelling to not only old, but new players.
    So much for Idealism.

Blizzards primary focus on World of Warcraft is to earn as much money as possible, as the game is in decline and in it's cash cow phase. Also, they try to reduce the development effort as much as possible, by implementing only as much features to keep the game alive at some level.

You need to take a class in business if you truly think their second objective is money and not their first.
    Cool I am a second year MBA student specializing in Info systems and Corporate finance, working in Healthcare finance for the last 5 years. What do I need to take again?

BTW, that terracycle example was for a Harvard business school case study I did for this summer's random class.
    - - - Updated - - -

So much for Idealism.

Blizzards primary focus on World of Warcraft is to earn as much money as possible, as the game is in decline and in it's cash cow phase. Also, they try to reduce the development effort as much as possible, by implementing only as much features to keep the game alive at some level.
    Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, and FF14.
    So you never played SWTOR? Or Rift?

Give it a try. Funny games.

I got that idea the sub loss was from a lack of content because I am an unparalleled genius. Also because the same thing happened for 3 expansions in a row, with more people being comfortable unsubbing as they years have progressed.
    But it never returned to the level before. So whats your explanation for that?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    Thanks for this well argumented feedback.

You won't enjoy it, but there is so much casual content now, that you can deal with it.
    That is such a great reason to play a game "Deal with it"

Next, sure. 1.5 million. Out of 12 million peak players, that's a drop of water, no matter how your multiplication skills work.
    Actually that is a 12.5 percent loss by most standard that isn't insignificant.

Regardless WoW will never have 12 million subs again. Honestly I would be surprised with the launch of WoD if they broke 8 million again.

If they think that it's a good way to move forward with quest design, it's still good. I agree it's game breaking for some, and that's a good sacrifice IMO if the game will be a better game in terms of gameplay.
    Two things here:

1. It didn't seem to break quest design for the past 7 years.

2. Where is this better quest design, or improved gameplay it isn't in beta.

But it never returned to the level before. So whats your explanation for that?
    1) I tried rift, but the second my level 1 warrior with a variant of heroic strike was asked to kill 12 zombies, and I realized that the races were not as unique and wonky as WoW or Gwars, I left.

2) I will not support EA Bioware after what they did to Mass Effect 3.

Why has it not returned to the levels before?

1) Old players are not returning as much because they don't like the changes.
    2) New players are not about to level to 90, it will take too long.

Cool I am a second year MBA student, working in Healthcare finance for the last 5 years. What do I need to take again?
    I'm the president of the US. Ya, lets make more shit up!

You need to take a class in business. Because, if you think a business isn't about making money first, you aren't educated in anything involving businesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Wrong again. A business has a mission and all it has to do is accomplish that. For example, Terracycle was offered a 1 million buyout as long as they lost their creative power. The head of Terracycle refused because the new direction was not in Terracycle's mission statement even at the cost of making more money. A business can have many purposes, and for blizzard, a gaming company, the primary focus is to make the best game possible. Not listen to how you want your specific feature in there.
    Sorry you are wrong. By law a publicly traded company has to make the best decisions for its investors. Blizzard since the merger with Activions is a publicly traded company.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The title to this thread should be "We can't make up our minds, because we don't want to lose subs, so we are going to depend on the very toxic player base to make that decision for us, because we are grown men and women and are to chicken shit to make the call"

I guess it is a bit long, but it is what it is, no changing that now. They simply know they are going to lose in the end, how much they are will to let the players determine that and then declare victory. They can then make a blue post stating, we left it up to the players and the overwhelming declare they don't want flying. This provides them cover, so they don't have to deal with it, because they don't want to deal with it.

My gripe is, I use flying as a source to get around and circumvent the flight path system, because it absolutely suck balls. Yes, I am aware the promise they have made to make them more direct in WoD. Their promises have away of not holding the water they carry. If they not are not going from A to B, then that is not direct pathing, because that is what direct pathing is. Not going A to B then over to C to come back to B then finally getting to D. If its not two fix points then it is still going to suck balls, because this is how I use flying in the game.

I don't revert from content, fly around in circles or loop around endlessly, fly as high in the sky to make everything look like an ant, and I most certainly don't use it to just sit and hover 10 feet of the ground. If people are using flying for anything other reason than to circumvent the Flight Path System, then they been using it wrong all a long, that also goes for those that oppose flying in the game in general, because I am sure most of you do some or all these things.

Thanks for this well argumented feedback.
    I mean, what's there to argue? Everything you said was misinformed from, cash cow phase (with 10 million subs wtf), reduce development effort (yet they hired a much higher staff that they are currently training), and only implementing barebone features (yet implementing garrisons, still updating classes, etc).

Like what can I say other than "NO"?

Deleted

And 1) is, what i talked about. Still you think i "got no idea what i talk about".
    2) is part of 1). And solved in WoD. From your PoV, the subs would have to return to the level of MoP start in WoD, as people dont need to level to 90 anymore thanks to the character boost.

I doubt that this will happen.

Yes, people leave, because they dislike the changes the devs do. Even if you cant break down this to one special change, in sum it's always about blizzards decisions, and in sum it always affect the number of active players.

From the current trend there is no way to say that it seems the devs do a great job.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-08-15 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Sorry you are wrong. By law a publicly traded company has to make the best decisions for its investors. Blizzard since the merger with Activions is a publicly traded company.
    Allow me to help you. The law does not penalize you for losing money if you do not act maliciously towards your company. For example, when Disney's CEO changed and he lost billions of dollars for the company, he was not in trouble because of the Business Judgment Rule. Nice try.

NEXT, investors always have the ability to..."EXIT" supporting a company, and another will replace them. Activision does not need to pressure a company like Blizzard because of Blizzard's PORTFOLIO of games.

- - - Updated - - -

And 1) is, what i talked about. Still you think i "got no idea what i talk about".
    2) is part of 1). And solved in WoD. From your PoV, the subs would have to return to the level of MoP start in WoD, as people dont need to level to 90 anymore thanks to the character boost.

I doubt that this will happen.
    I do too, because 90 boost is poorly marketed, in my opinion.

Deleted
    I do too, because 90 boost is poorly marketed, in my opinion.
    From my PoV, it's just blizzards idea not to have to care about low level content anymore. They abandoned low level content.

Another way to save development time. One of blizzards current main objectives, as it seems.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-08-15 at 07:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    1) I tried rift, but the second my level 1 warrior with a variant of heroic strike was asked to kill 12 zombies, and I realized that the races were not as unique and wonky as WoW or Gwars, I left.

2) I will not support EA Bioware after what they did to Mass Effect 3.

on your "I will not support EA Bioware after what they did to Mass Effect 3. " I too was highly disappointed with the ending, and felt that it was unworthy of a Bioware game. That said I have a preorder for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and will be playing the crap out of it. My issue with SWtOR is they made it too much like WOW, as a fan of KOTOR I was disappointed in the lack of Bioware feel in that game. However it is a good RPG, just not a MMO. As to future EA/Bioware don't give up on Bioware EA has backed off of them a lot since the DA:2 and ME:3 disasters. Also Shadow Realms looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    The title to this thread should be "We can't make up our minds, because we don't want to lose subs, so we are going to depend on the very toxic player base to make that decision for us, because we are grown men and women and are to chicken shit to make the call"

I guess it is a bit long, but it is what it is, no changing that now. They simply know they are going to lose in the end, how much they are will to let the players determine that and then declare victory. They can then make a blue post stating, we left it up to the players and the overwhelming declare they don't want flying. This provides them cover, so they don't have to deal with it, because they don't want to deal with it.

My gripe is, I use flying as a source to get around and circumvent the flight path system, because it absolutely suck balls. Yes, I am aware the promise they have made to make them more direct in WoD. Their promises have away of not holding the water they carry. If they not are not going from A to B, then that is not direct pathing, because that is what direct pathing is. Not going A to B then over to C to come back to B then finally getting to D. If its not two fix points then it is still going to suck balls, because this is how I use flying in the game.

I don't revert from content, fly around in circles or loop around endlessly, fly as high in the sky to make everything look like an ant, and I most certainly don't use it to just sit and hover 10 feet of the ground. If people are using flying for anything other reason than to circumvent the Flight Path System, then they been using it wrong all a long, that also goes for those that oppose flying in the game in general, because I am sure most of you do some or all these things.
    Yes, flight paths are implemented like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    on your "I will not support EA Bioware after what they did to Mass Effect 3. " I too was highly disappointed with the ending, and felt that it was unworthy of a Bioware game. That said I have a preorder for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and will be playing the crap out of it. My issue with SWtOR is they made it too much like WOW, as a fan of KOTOR I was disappointed in the lack of Bioware feel in that game. However it is a good RPG, just not a MMO. As to future EA/Bioware don't give up on Bioware EA has backed off of them a lot since the DA:2 and ME:3 disasters. Also Shadow Realms looks amazing.
    I will always give games a chance, but as you said DA 2 was so atrocious, my eyes bled. I'm always gonna give shit a try though, but definitely not a preorder. I agree about SWTOR as well, I was an unbelievable fan of KOTOR bro that game is fantastic!!!

- - - Updated - - -

From my PoV, it's just blizzards idea not to have to care about low level content anymore. They abandoned low level content.

Another way to save development time. One of blizzards current main paradigms, as it seems.
    No, I think their idea is that old players will be more likely to come back if they can get back into the action ASAP. Low level content IMO is pretty damn good even though you outlevel an area before the area is done -.-.

IMO, they need more tangible rewards for low level shit.

10+ Year Old Account

I wonder if they have managed to fix the FPS problems in RIFT.

No they dont. Example: Karabor and Bladespire. No flying.
    Didn't they just say on the video: "There are players who obliviously hate it and think that it's worst decision ever being made, but fortunately it doesn't look like that's a significant majority."

I'm the president of the US. Ya, lets make more shit up!

You need to take a class in business. Because, if you think a business isn't about making money first, you aren't educated in anything involving businesses.
    You really think I'm lying to you? Do I need to PM you my credentials since you called me out? Do I need to show you case studies done by Harvard on social businesses that prioritize things over money, even though money is important? Got nothing to hide, jus LMK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Didn't they just say on the video: "There are players who obliviously hate it and think that it's worst decision ever being made, but fortunately it doesn't look like that's a significant majority."
    Yes, and blizzard is always right. And they never use numbers noone could reproduce. As blizzard always does polls and listens to feedback. Yes, yes.

Sorry for sarcasm, but blizzard arguments based on what their current agenda is. They twist around the numbers from their own statistics to argument for the changes they want to have in game for other reasons than listening to player feedback.

Flying is mainly being disabled at endgame just to give blizzard a lot of gametime played. They did that at the start of nearly every expansion, always by different approaches. TBC: attunements. Cataclysm: Hard 5 mans as brick wall. MoP: Mandatory dailies. And WoD will be slow traveling.

Raising gametime played and reducing development effort seem to be blizzards main motors in designing WoW currently. They handle the game like a typical cash cow, while it infact is in decline. But it is in decline because their players dont like their changes, so it is a typical mix up of cause and effect here.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I think their idea is that old players will be more likely to come back if they can get back into the action ASAP. Low level content IMO is pretty damn good even though you outlevel an area before the area is done -.-.
    I think it is way undertuned. The dungeons are too easy, and in battlegrounds people get onehitted. Blizzard forgot about low level. Just to.. dont let me repeat it.. reduce development effort and focus on endgame.

easy, and in battlegrounds people get onehitted. Blizzard forgot about low level. Just to.. dont let me repeat it.. reduce development effort and focus on endgame.
    I definitely agree, I think they realized with Cataclysm that spending development time in low level areas hurts more than helps. I disagree but I can see where they coming from as I hated Dragon SOul.