It seems that if 6.2 is truly the end patch of WoD, then we probably might no get flying until 7.0. It would be stupid to be able to fly in Draenor but you suddenly dismount upon entering Tanaan.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

They did that in Lake Wintergrasp

Quote Originally Posted by Fibbles View Post
    The point is that without flying you'll either be fighting these mobs or doing some Solid Snake style shenanigans to sneak around them. This adds complexity compared to flying over their heads and parachuting down onto your quest target.
    Solid snake shenanigans? HAHA! I just run through them or slightly to the right or left, and I don't get dismounted by the daze mechanic. Was able to run through the giant ogre camp at the north of frostfire without dying or getting dismounted as a level 90 character versus level 100 mobs. Just ran straight through it... Nothing special.

There is no complexity here. Stop living in a dream world.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingelf View Post
    They did that in Lake Wintergrasp
    They realized that it was dumb and they enable flight there shortly after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    They realized that it was dumb and they enable flight there shortly after.
    They did it also on the Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants and Timeless Isle

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingelf View Post
    They did it also on the Isle of Thunder, Isle of Giants and Timeless Isle
    His point was that tanaan is part of the main continent...

Quote Originally Posted by Fibbles View Post
    There you go. Literally on the same page.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Just think about how you interact with world mobs on a flying mount vs a ground mount.
    You aren't allowed to be as selective about what you fight on a ground mount.
    Ok so the only thing it brings is it forces you to fight mobs that irrelevant, and pose no challenge threat or reward... and this is what you and Blizzard are trying to say is fun and compelling game play...

That massive hard on for dreams of world pvp must be really depriving your brain of oxygen.

Imagine there's a mountain top where a quest boss sits. As it stands now, you only have to mount up and fly to the top and kill it.

Without a flying mount you have to fight your way up the mountain (this is where Blizzard inserts the gameplay).
    How fun is that going to be after you have done it a couple times?

If Blizzard wants to keep you on the ground they can do that through quest design. Look at the daily quests for Operation Shield Wall. We had flight but the majority of our time was spent on the ground.

Why?

It is content that brings people out in the world not the mount they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Judging by some of the beta videos, they are kind of dumb and weak long before epic gear.
    It is WoW what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Solid snake shenanigans? HAHA! I just run through them or slightly to the right or left, and I don't get dismounted by the daze mechanic. Was able to run through the giant ogre camp at the north of frostfire without dying or getting dismounted as a level 90 character versus level 100 mobs. Just ran straight through it... Nothing special.

There is no complexity here. Stop living in a dream world.
    Yah not sure what game he is playing there ..

And what is a "good" reason? Do they need to be bleeding epics like the Timeless Isle trash?
    They don't all need to be as you say but they need to be much more than worthless mob #42109384 that is used more to kill off your play time VS being any form of fun or entertainment and are just worthless.

If there is no reason to kill some random mob pack # 1978903 standing beside spawned tree #92903 then making sure gamers have to interact with them and kill them is an even worse game feature and design. Might be interesting the first 2-3 times you interact with them as you level but they are quickly turned into wasted time.

No flying at max level adds nothing to WOW that better quest design couldn't have accomplished and flying be left in. It's as if people forget how well TBC and WoTLK were and flying was there as well. Flying is not the only reason those expansions did well but it sure as hell didn't hurt them.

We just had a better class of quest designers and developers back then it seems.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-18 at 02:46 PM.

Lets not forget that once the max level content is complete (a few weeks) the non instanced max level content we are left with is.

Dailies (weekly now), Pet Battles, Archeology, Gathering, etc etc.

How does the removal of flight make those already tedious tasks less so?

Welcome to the world of que craft.

I like flying. I have spent a lot of time farming gold and mounts. I see that as totally wasted with their current decision. Playing a video game can be viewed as wasting time as well.

I cancelled my subscription when they announced no flying to start off the next exp pack. I have played casually during the downtime before expansion packs in the past until the actual expansion hit. Sometimes, I would stop playing for 2-3 months before and still pay Blizzard. I had someone offer to pay for my WoW sub this past week to get me to come back and play and turned him down because of no flying to start off the expansion.

Just my opinion. It is Blizzard's game and their call.

Now, back to Diablo 3 where 2.1 looks awful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    I cancelled my subscription when they announced no flying to start off the next exp pack. I have played casually during the downtime before expansion packs in the past until the actual expansion hit.
    Yeah same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    I had someone offer to pay for my WoW sub this past week to get me to come back and play and turned him down because of no flying to start off the expansion.
    Yeah one of my friends even offered to buy me WoD at launch and pay may sub. I declined as he would just be wasting his money once i reached level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    Combat.

And now they want you to remain on the ground in all Draenor places. Yes, they restricted your options, cause one option allowed you to skip combat at will.

No you'll have to go to the places to do content while risking engaging combat. Mission accomplished.

Combat always remains relevant whether it's trivial or not.
    I enjoy exploring the game world at great speed along all three axes. I enjoy traveling through areas I've already explored relatively quickly, again along all three axes. I do not enjoy grappling with every insignificant cockroach that scuttles across the surface of the planet, regardless of its ability to harm me. I do not enjoy walking around a low stone wall because my godslaying supercommando character who commands dragons as beasts of burden is somehow incapable of climbing short, steep inclines, and suddenly those aforementioned dragons have lost the ability to use the largest appendages on their bodies.

So yeah, unavoidable, trivial combat might be relevant somehow, but it has no entertainment value to me. I'm not paying Blizzard Entertainment to not entertain me. There are other companies selling entertainment that is actually entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    I enjoy exploring the game world at great speed along all three axes. I enjoy traveling through areas I've already explored relatively quickly, again along all three axes. I do not enjoy grappling with every insignificant cockroach that scuttles across the surface of the planet, regardless of its ability to harm me. I do not enjoy walking around a low stone wall because my godslaying supercommando character who commands dragons as beasts of burden is somehow incapable of climbing short, steep inclines, and suddenly those aforementioned dragons have lost the ability to use the largest appendages on their bodies.

So yeah, unavoidable, trivial combat might be relevant somehow, but it has no entertainment value to me. I'm not paying Blizzard Entertainment to not entertain me. There are other companies selling entertainment that is actually entertaining.
    Don't you wonder why the no-fly crowd keep trying to force us into gameplay that has no entertainment value? What is the motive of the no-fly crowd? It's not WPvP on my PvE server. I just don't get it. I do understand why Blizzard wants it, they want to slow our content consumption down. These content droughts are hell on subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Don't you wonder why the no-fly crowd keep trying to force us into gameplay that has no entertainment value?
    I didn't realize I had the power to force you to do anything. I thought the devs did.

Maybe I should use this mysterious game design power I have to alter the game in other ways. Thanks for the heads up!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I just realized I think the anti flight people are very short sighted.

They can't see past the level experience or the beginning max level content.. Once that is done and you are left with dailies(weekly now), archeology, gathering, pet battles etc etc

How is the removal of flight going to make those tedious tasks fun, it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Again, a good point from the official forums, where the debate is how Blizz should actually gauge the playerbase's thoughts on flight.
    Giving people what they say they want is not always a good thing. If you have ever done consulting work you learn that pretty quick. Sometimes you need to give people what they need, not what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Giving people what they say they want is not always a good thing. If you have ever done consulting work you learn that pretty quick. Sometimes you need to give people what they need, not what they want.
    Yah but making travel tedious and time consuming isn't good for the game.

Once you get past leveling and the max level that isn't instanced you are left with dailies (weekly now) archeology, gathering, pet battles etc etc all ready tedious tasks ... removing flight just makes those tasks more tedious at best a chore at worst.

Giving and selling are completely different. I would be fine if they gave me the game and a sub for free(won't feel stupid playing very little if I wasn't paying for it). But, they're charging me for changes I don't want. No thanks.

Flight is gone in WoD for now, and might be back based on player feedback. What better way to get feedback from your customers than incentivise them to give you that feedback?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Maybe I should use this mysterious game design power I have to alter the game in other ways. Thanks for the heads up!
    I hope you use that power to remove flying altogether, expect for maybe in the Outlands. I'd love to level a character from 1 - 100 and not be tempted to skip through content due to flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaagii View Post
    I hope you use that power to remove flying altogether, expect for maybe in the Outlands. I'd love to level a character from 1 - 100 and not be tempted to skip through content due to flight.
    Don't think to many people are against not having flight when leveling.

We want flight at max level 6.1 at the latest.