Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    I love how proud all you kids get after throwing tantrums for four expansions. You got your way! Grats!

Oh, wait. We always have no flying at the start of the expansion and have it implemented in some way after reaching level cap. This time we get to wait because Blizzard couldn't finish a zone. They'll be flying I hate to break all you wpvp heroes hearts, but nothing from what Zharym posted proves they'll be no flying. If there was going to be no flying they'd come out and say it like they have about no Flying until 6.1 for sure. No decisions have been firmly made one way or the other.
    Right, except I didn't throw any tantrums, I just rode my flying mount in BC. Then in WOTLK, I rode it again, even though there was no content for it. Then in Cataclysm, I rode it again, even though there was no content for it. Then in MOP, I floated in the Shrine on it, even though there was no content for it. And now that it's being removed for the time being, I'm not going to ride it and....WHOA THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY CONTENT FOR IT! So no harm done.

Your point again? Oh yeah, you like skipping content, not playing it because you find things personally boring. Gotchu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Right, except I didn't throw any tantrums, I just rode my flying mount in BC. Then in WOTLK, I rode it again, even though there was no content for it. Then in Cataclysm, I rode it again, even though there was no content for it. Then in MOP, I floated in the Shrine on it, even though there was no content for it. And now that it's being removed for the time being, I'm not going to ride it and....WHOA THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY CONTENT FOR IT! So no harm done.

Your point again? Oh yeah, you like skipping content, not playing it because you find things personally boring. Gotchu.
    There's no content for flying mounts, flight paths, ground mounts, or portals.

There's content that you get to by those modes of travel, but there isn't any content that revolves around the use of those travel methods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account

Trash mobs on the way to a quest objective aren't content, they're time sinks and that's only assuming you actually stop to fight them, which 90% of the playerbase does not. We rode through trash while leveling in every previous expansion (save for Cata which allowed flight from the start) and we'll ride through trash for the entirety of this patch too, just for longer than before.

Any content that was "skipped" on a flying mount is going to be skipped on foot, just much much slower.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow, i really like this idea. If they changed all flying mounts in Draenor to 60% speed (so it would be 60% less fast as ground mounts) then id be more apt to allow flying in my content.

Is this a fair trade?
    Blizzard Board meeting:

Employee 1: We have bad open world content, no one is playing it.

Employee 2: Take away flying and the players will see less of the bad content.

Boss: Your promoted Alex, can you give an interview tomorrow?

The rest is history......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    I agree. For the longest time I was convinced that they were only doing this to give themselves ammo for the future "Flight ruined WoW" whiners so they could respond with "We tried that, didn't work, so sorry" but with the direction they've chosen for flight paths and the way they're implementing "ground content" I'm actually completely convinced that this is only happening to force feed a false sense of longevity.

Ironically enough, it may be destroying the longevity for many in the process. Taking a mundane task and stretching it to take up even more time only seems like it's going to do more harm than good in the long run.
    Ultimately, I think that people aren't stupid. And if it does turn into a huge, needless timesink (think getting logged out on flight paths while alt-tabbing), people will NOT keep playing. It's like a University that jacks their tuition to increase their prestige. The game doesn't have as much clout as they are gambling on. They are going to price themselves out and accelerate the game's decline.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-08-21 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    You really haven't been around long... that shit goes back to 2010.
    Hilarious that you would bring that up now, when one of the arguments hundreds of pages ago from the flying camp was that "WHY ARE THERE SUDDENLY SO MANY ANTI-FLYERS, THEY'RE JUST JUMPING ON THE BLIZZ APOLOGIST BANDWAGON", and now you're going to argue that they've always been there and that somehow they weren't a tiny minority? Jesus christ.

Here's the link, from this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post27618591

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway you slice it, WoD is turning into an example of "less content for more money". Removing flight is merely symptomatic of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetick View Post
    Hilarious that you would bring that up now, when one of the arguments hundreds of pages ago from the flying camp was that "WHY ARE THERE SUDDENLY SO MANY ANTI-FLYERS, THEY'RE JUST JUMPING ON THE BLIZZ APOLOGIST BANDWAGON", and now you're going to argue that they've always been there and that somehow they weren't a tiny minority? Jesus christ.

Here's the link, from this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post27618591
    Heh. They're still a tiny minority. Go look at ANY proper forum with an upvoting system.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Trash mobs on the way to a quest objective aren't content, they're time sinks and that's only assuming you actually stop to fight them, which 90% of the playerbase does not. We rode through trash while leveling in every previous expansion (save for Cata which allowed flight from the start) and we'll ride through trash for the entirety of this patch too, just for longer than before.

Any content that was "skipped" on a flying mount is going to be skipped on foot, just much much slower.
    Oh man trash mobs aren't content. hahahahahahahhaha, in Chrono Trigger, fighting the mobs roaming the maps isn't content. In pokemon, running into pokemon isn't content. In tactical rpgs, fighting archers isn't content.

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN, more shitty arguments, keep it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway you slice it, WoD is turning into an example of "less content for more money". Removing flight is merely symptomatic of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh. They're still a tiny minority. Go look at ANY proper forum with an upvoting system.
    Jus look at the poll thread on MMO, get wrecked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    There's no content for flying mounts, flight paths, ground mounts, or portals.

There's content that you get to by those modes of travel, but there isn't any content that revolves around the use of those travel methods.
    Right, there's content you get to bypass with one of those, and that's flying mounts.

Yeah, looking at your armory it doesn't look like you do much of anything that would require leaving a city and going out into the world. Except maybe flying to instances.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Right, there's content you get to bypass with one of those, and that's flying mounts.
    All modes of travel bypass content.

People bitching about flight needing to be removed is the catalyst for what's happening, not vice-versa.
    Then why argue that Blizzard caved into the whining of a "tiny minority" and that's why they decided to remove flight? Seriously doesn't make any sense, especially when people seem to claim that there are sooo many pro-flyers, yet Blizzard still isn't caving.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Yeah, looking at your armory it doesn't look like you do much of anything that would require leaving a city and going out into the world. Except maybe flying to instances.
    What do you mean rofl? I did onyxia and magtheridon weekly!

- - - Updated - - -

You don't bypass content w ground mounts.

Deleted
    Some more than others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once found a tiny dry spot on the ground while it was raining, but I didn't celebrate.

Then why argue that Blizzard caved into the whining of a "tiny minority" and that's why they decided to remove flight? Seriously doesn't make any sense.
    One of the minority has gotten power at Blizzard... That and unfinished zones tend to make flying a bad thing to have.

Oh man trash mobs aren't content. hahahahahahahhaha, in Chrono Trigger, fighting the mobs roaming the maps isn't content. In pokemon, running into pokemon isn't content. In tactical rpgs, fighting archers isn't content.

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN, more shitty arguments, keep it up.
    So the mobs on the way to Ordos are content you engage with everytime, because it is content and therefore worth doing?

You mean the poll that shows a majority wanting flight to return at some point?

So portals and flight paths don't bypass content? Are you sure?

I once found a tiny dry spot on the ground while it was raining, but I didn't celebrate.
    I once found a tiny dry spot while it was raining, didn't celebrate, and then found an equally tiny dry spot and then proceeded to say how this spot was drier than the other spot.

But then I realized I'm not part of the pro-flying community and their fail logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Some more than others.
    Flying and ground mounts are the same in bypassing content(talking about mobs not terrain). Flight paths show you content that you could be doing, and portals don't show you anything.

What do you mean rofl? I did onyxia and magtheridon weekly!

- - - Updated - - -

You don't bypass content w ground mounts.
    Yep, as I said, flying to instances. All that other world content that your skipping then? Irrelevant?

So you are saying you kill every single mob on your way to Ordos? Because riding right past them would be bypassing content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why argue that Blizzard caved into the whining of a "tiny minority" and that's why they decided to remove flight? Seriously doesn't make any sense, especially when people seem to claim that there are sooo many pro-flyers, yet Blizzard still isn't caving.
    They saw enough noise to bet on some extra leverage. It's a matter of complacency.