Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's not like Oscars mean anything these days.
    False, the Oscars have a lot of weight in the industry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

but to be honest, theyve already started recasting. i know they KIND OF got around the recasting thing by saying "well theyre just younger" but if youve already gotten people used to a new magneto and prof x when the old ones were so perfect for the role then whats wrong with recasting again (although to be honest i think they could probably keep fassbender, his career hasnt quite taken off like jlaw and mcavoys so unless assassins creed does well im sure he wouldnt mind sticking around)
    Fassbender's career is much more on the rise than Mcavoy's, He's got an Oscar nom and a lot more upcoming movies than James.

False, the Oscars have a lot of weight in the industry.
    Maybe I'd believe that if actual good movies won instead of movies about slaves and boring crap.

awards give actors leverage in the buisness.

but personally as an actor ive never given a shit about any award show.

however if you get an award you better act fucking happy about it, people hate uppity actors. unless you're someone like rdj you cant really pull your weight around as an actor
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Maybe I'd believe that if actual good movies won instead of movies about slaves and boring crap.
    Opinions. Almost all of the best picture noms last year were great movies that deserved to be there.

Big spoiler
    There are 2 Infinity gauntlets, or should i say a pair
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Big-S...ige-71192.html

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Did we ever get confirmation if Deadpool was in the MCU? I really would like to see a Deadpool-Death-Thanos triangle.
    Deadpool is related to the X-Men who is with Fox and won't be in the MCU anytime in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Big spoiler
    There are 2 Infinity gauntlets, or should i say a pair
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Big-S...ige-71192.html
    There's still only six stones, so it doesn't seem to matter too much. Unless they're going to give both teams a glove and some infinity stones, but I don't know if I really wanna see that kind of power clash.

10+ Year Old Account
    One good thing about the possibility of Marvel getting Spiderman, a movie for J Jonah Jameson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    One good thing about the possibility of Marvel getting Spiderman, a movie for J Jonah Jameson.
    He definitely doesn't need his own movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    He definitely doesn't need his own movie.
    It could be decent, it'd be interesting to have a Marvel movie that isn't centered around an amazing fight scene. It could give us an insight on the civilian PoV, also he was done amazingly in the spiderman trilogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

i dont think j jonah is interesting enough.

outside of his relationship with spider-man hes just an average guy. i could see a goofy web series or something like that but nothing serious

- - - Updated - - -

"We heard earlier this week that Asa Butterfield is the frontrunner to play Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Kevin Feige looks to find a young actor who can take Peter Parker back to high school (and who won't be well into their 30s by the time the character is supposed to be only college age). According to Badass Digest's Devin Faraci, he's heard that as of last week, there were two names in the mix to play the iconic superhero next year. Butterfield and Tom Holland.

There's a chance of course that neither actor will be cast or - based on that most recent report - Butterfield has already nabbed it, but these are two very interesting choices for the next Spider-Man. Butterfield is best known for movies like Ender's Game and Hugo, while Holland starred in The Impossible and will soon be seen in In the Heart of the Sea opposite Chris Hemsworth. Could Thor have put in a good word for the youngster? Share your thoughts on who's the better choice below."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=119987

i have to say, they look very similar.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think they're going for too young.

Woah, that's like... 16.

Most of the avengers are over 30.

That's some weird chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I still think they're going for too young.
    nope, this is a peter parker who will grow up in the marvel universe, he will one day get married and have kids. no way they are going too young

- - - Updated - - -

Woah, that's like... 16.

Most of the avengers are over 30.

That's some weird chemistry.
    thats the point.

its supposed to look weird having spider-man stand next to cap and thor. hes supposed to be the young teen whos looked down on by everybody.

thats the audience spider-man speaks to most.

Deleted
    Also, they want new characters who can headline the MCU for years to come. Makes sense to cast young for Spidey especially.

Yeah I don't know how I feel about the whole '' New heroes '' idea.

The Avengers won't be the same without RDJ and to a lesser extent Thor.

I already missed Loki a lot in Avengers 2, he was supposed to have a cameo or something at least.

In Thor 2 Loki seemed to be mending bridges with Thor though I guess that went out the window when he kidnapped Odin and impersonated him.

So...was watching the cartoon "Avenger's Assemble" this morning when neice was over. I've seen people wondering if they were going to do the registration thing for Civil War and they don't see how.

I was wondering if maybe they were going to take the route of the cartoon where Cap and Iron Man form two teams as Cap doesn't want to be on a team where he can't trust the leader (Iron Man in this case) and then we have Iron Man, Thor and Hawkeye on one side, Black Widow, Cap, Hulk and Falcon on the other (Basically Team Shield). The whole trust thing becomes an issue because Tony hides secrets about Ultron in the series and such.

I thought it was confirmed that it would be about the degree of government control.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I thought it was confirmed that it would be about the degree of government control.
    Maybe. I just remember some people saying the movie wasn't setting it up for that or something. I mean I'm sure there are all kinds of factors that will play into it.

the main setup for civil war is simply the destruction that the government will feel as being caused, or atleast in part responsible by heroes.

tonys guilt will push him to want to side with more control, with a saftey net. who holds the heroes responsible when shit goes down? the government? or do heroes just govern themselves?

alot has been building to this.

remember the scene awhile back where black widow basically tells the government to fuck off because what are they gonna do?

you can clearly see in cap 2 that cap isnt exactly jiving with the government, and not only that but he sees the branch he worked for torn apart right in front of him from the inside.

cap is a firm believer that in order for heroes to do what they need to do they have to be above others, held accountable by their peers not by governments that may or may not have a hand in it for themselves or may not even be righteous in the first place ala hydra shield.

thats all a registration has to be about. whether theres secret identities or not there are heroes running around doing who knows what, for who knows who causing all sorts of destruction and chaos with no authority in place but themselves