Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yeah I don't know how I feel about the whole '' New heroes '' idea.

The Avengers won't be the same without RDJ and to a lesser extent Thor.

I already missed Loki a lot in Avengers 2, he was supposed to have a cameo or something at least.

In Thor 2 Loki seemed to be mending bridges with Thor though I guess that went out the window when he kidnapped Odin and impersonated him.
    It's kind of an inevitability though. The contracts of the original actors will be up pretty soon and they can't be renegotiated indefinitely. And yet Marvel isn't going to just end Marvel films once RDJ and co. leave. I expect a large part of why they cast Cumberbatch as Strange was as a replacement RDJ.

Doesnt rdj contract end after avengers 3?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Doesnt rdj contract end after avengers 3?
    He extended it to cover Ultron and Civil War.

Nobody's quite sure if it's been extended to include either part of Infinity War or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    He extended it to cover Ultron and Civil War.

Nobody's quite sure if it's been extended to include either part of Infinity War or not.
    It included Ultron and Avengers 3 in the beginning, now it's been extended to cover Civil War and the second part.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    It included Ultron and Avengers 3 in the beginning, now it's been extended to cover Civil War and the second part.
    Hmm. All the articles I saw seemed to be speculating on whether he'd be in Infinity War.

He'd be a fool to get out of it.

Tony Stark is the role he'll be remembered as. He pretty much carried the MCU on his back so far. Hell, they gave him a bigger part in Civil War because they knew he's going to ( again ) carry that film on his back.

It's not even that he's an amazing actor, he is simply perfectly cast in the role of Tony Stark, he's pretty much playing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    He'd be a fool to get out of it.

Tony Stark is the role he'll be remembered as. He pretty much carried the MCU on his back so far. Hell, they gave him a bigger part in Civil War because they knew he's going to ( again ) carry that film on his back.

It's not even that he's an amazing actor, he is simply perfectly cast in the role of Tony Stark, he's pretty much playing himself.
    If Marvel tried recasting Tony Stark... god, I honestly can't even imagine anyone trying to fit his personality. (This is excluding any Brodie, Bucky in for Cap type of thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    If Marvel tried recasting Tony Stark... god, I honestly can't even imagine anyone trying to fit his personality. (This is excluding any Brodie, Bucky in for Cap type of thing.)
    Yeah, most people I've talked to said if anyone other than RDJ played Stark then they don't know if you could stand it. His personality, looks and everything matches Tony pretty good. It'd be hard seeing anyone else in the role, but when it happens who knows maybe they'll get someone as good or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    they'll find someone.

once they do it once and do it well they'll never have to worry again.

they want the mcu to go on forever and they cant just keep swapping characters in, eventually they will run out of surrogates.

james bonding the role is the only real longterm solution. if they can replace sean Connery, they can replace rdj.

alot of the people at marvel were pretty angry about civil war and how much money rdj made them pay him so i assume his time will be up soon.

i do think there is a small chance he might weasel his way into more films though, maybe we will eventually get an iron man 4.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they'll find someone.

once they do it once and do it well they'll never have to worry again.

they want the mcu to go on forever and they cant just keep swapping characters in, eventually they will run out of surrogates.

james bonding the role is the only real longterm solution. if they can replace sean Connery, they can replace rdj.

alot of the people at marvel were pretty angry about civil war and how much money rdj made them pay him so i assume his time will be up soon.

i do think there is a small chance he might weasel his way into more films though, maybe we will eventually get an iron man 4.
    I know but at the same time, I can't think of an actor right now that could fit so well that RDJ did.

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh theoretically Coulson should be in Civil War, considering its all SHIELD related.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    tbh theoretically Coulson should be in Civil War, considering its all SHIELD related.
    Having watched AMC Movie Talk recently, I'm pretty sure the movies will never tip off their hat to the TV shows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    I'm hoping he does just so Marvel can flip Joss Whedon the bird as he walks out the door.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I'm hoping he does just so Marvel can flip Joss Whedon the bird as he walks out the door.
    Yeah I'm sure they're so angry at him for personally overseeing the direction of so many facets of their storytelling along with Feige which has brought them tremendous success. But yeah, his comments were a tad overblown, but he had a point. He's even expressed his frustration at characters basically being unkillable and how boring that is as a story teller. He's not wrong.

But on the other hand, I don't watch super hero movies because I plan on the heroes dying. It's not like comics don't have a grand precedence of killing people and resurrecting them. I don't need the movies to be some grittier, darker reality where heroes die left and right to make it compelling. It's the one thing I hate about critics reviewing these movies. They seem to have no understanding about what makes comics enjoyable and want to classify people who read comics as some other breed who share nothing in common with 'regular' people watching movies.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah I'm sure they're so angry at him for personally overseeing the direction of so many facets of their storytelling along with Feige which has brought them tremendous success. But yeah, his comments were a tad overblown, but he had a point. He's even expressed his frustration at characters basically being unkillable and how boring that is as a story teller. He's not wrong.

But on the other hand, I don't watch super hero movies because I plan on the heroes dying. It's not like comics don't have a grand precedence of killing people and resurrecting them. I don't need the movies to be some grittier, darker reality where heroes die left and right to make it compelling. It's the one thing I hate about critics reviewing these movies. They seem to have no understanding about what makes comics enjoyable and want to classify people who read comics as some other breed who share nothing in common with 'regular' people watching movies.
    Meh, I think where Avengers was at when it launched, it couldn't have failed, regardless of who they gave the directing to. His comments were stupid, really stupid, it sounded like he thinks he should be the one calling the shots at Marvel, and I have to think thats part of the reason why Marvel didn't persue him for Infinity War, and instead handed it to the Russo Brothers (and lets be fair, Winter Soldier is better than Avengers 1 and 2).

Ultimately, he's gone and it's done, I just think taking a parting shot like that at a company that's given you the best success you've had in years is poor form. And this recent furor about him ditching Twitter due to the criticisms of AoU just smacks of cowardice and the type of person who will run from something when he doesn't get his own way.

Feel like people are putting too much into Joss' comments. He's talked about his work on the MCU, some of the neat stuff, some of the less neat stuff. It's fair game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    *SNIP*
    I think you're reading too much into it and placing emphasis that isn't there, as it wasn't a 'parting shot' and they didn't push him out. He didn't want to do it anymore, which involved much more than just directing avengers btw. He had to have a heavy hand in every single movie being made to make sure it kept in line with what they were doing with Avengers. He essentially had to work two full time jobs in the industry, one of which was likely micro managing other capable directors and I can imagine that's not enjoyable.

Just like JJ probably not returning for a SW sequel, it's exhausting working for Disney/Marvel because of how much work is required to hit their levels.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The avengers fighting each other is the whole strength of Civil War, having somebody manipulate them removes some of the responsibility from the avengers. Strucker was practically a nobody, and if those other villains are nobodies for the avengers to take down (even though them taking down single guys like that doesn't seem to be a thing they really do), whatever. I just don't want them to be diluting the heart of the movie.
    Ummm clearly you missed a lot of the comic then. It was also about villains joining one side or other be it pro or anti registration(assuming the SRA is the topic). I mean hell the whole finale of the comic book was how there were tons of villains released from the Negative Zone and they either sided with Cap or Iron Man in the final battle. Civil War was 100% about both villains and heroes just blurred the lines as to which was which.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    sure hes buff but hes still very lean, i wanna say husky but i dont think thats the right term. i dont want wolverine to be fat just bulkier
    Ummmm(yet another ummm) Wolverine was NEVER supposed to be even slightly large. Sabertooth is what you're thinking of in that case. Wolverine was always average size, but ferocious along with of course his powers and adamantium. Sabertooth always referred to him as runt which your idea of Wolverine wouldn't fit a runt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I just didn't really get the sense that Civil War was going to come out of this film as I expected. Everyone departs on good terms, and there's not much of a hint that Stark and Cap would be against each other any time soon.

Of course, depending on how they do it, yes, we may find that in hindsight this movie was key. But for now, even Guardians of the Galaxy felt more consequential.
    Civil War in the comics started off on good terms between them. Why does having them part on good terms make it not able to happen?

People really need to bone up on Civil War in the comics....

Civil War from the comics in a nutshell:

Team of super heroes are doing a reality show and they corner a team of villains in Stamford CT near a school. One of the villains was amped up on some super juice and basically decimated the city. SHIELD and the government want action. SRA is proposed which basically means anyone with powers be it tech or superhuman or magic needs to register with the government revealing identity and all powers to be compiled in a system and that any superhero action is government mandated. Iron Man is in support of it and Spider Man is currently his lackey and most of the story is told from pro registration. Captain America does not agree nor do many other high end super heroes. Both sides take on a few villains sympathetic to their side. Eventually there are consequences from Iron Man having Spider Man unmask in a press conference and Spider Man goes to the Anti side. There is a big battle in the Negative Zone prisons and Cloak(Cloak and Dagger) thinks it would be a good idea to transport everyone out, villains included. Massive fight in NYC and Captain America has the upper hand kicking the crap out of Iron Man when he sees what he's done and is no better than what he fought against. He surrenders and it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Ummm clearly you missed a lot of the comic then. It was also about villains joining one side or other be it pro or anti registration(assuming the SRA is the topic). I mean hell the whole finale of the comic book was how there were tons of villains released from the Negative Zone and they either sided with Cap or Iron Man in the final battle. Civil War was 100% about both villains and heroes just blurred the lines as to which was which.
    I don't care about the comics.