Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Not even close. She took him down because she can manipulate the Soul Mind Gem in his forehead.

Scarlet Witch isn't that strong, Iron Man/Cap/Bucky/Panther/War Machine/Thor/Spiderman pretty much anyone with enough speed/agility to avoid her magic can take her on.
    If you're going there then you probably think they can handle Dr. Strange too. (No...they couldn't)

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Scarlet Witch isn't that strong, Iron Man/Cap/Bucky/Panther/War Machine/Thor/Spiderman pretty much anyone with enough speed/agility to avoid her magic can take her on.
    Depends how far the MCU writers take her powers. If they go the way of the comics no amount of speed/agility is going to help when she can warp reality and reshape it so you don't exist anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doctor Strange was incredible. I thought RDJ was the most perfect casting they had, but this is as good if not better. Visuals were out of this world and didn't feel tacked on. It was very fluid. For all the criticism of whitewashing the ancient one, they wrote the character perfectly to use Swinton. The movie just meshed well. Not a single actor out of place, not a single line feeling off. It was pretty much the Marvel machine to perfection.

If they can finally make a Thor movie that feels this good, we are in for a treat.
    BAD WOLF

I dont get why people keep bringing up white washing like its a thing in Dr. Strange. T

They changed the race/gender of TWO important characters. They changed an Asian Male into a White Female and changed a White Male into a Black Male. Yet no one talks about how Karl Mordo got changed into a black character. No one talks about how Wong stay an asian character. What are people even arguing? This isnt Gods of Egypt or the 10 commandments. Its 1 characters not an entire race of people being played by the wrong race. She isnt playing an asian character shes playing a celtic character.

God i hate people who are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    So am I the only one that was seriously disappointed in Doctor Strange?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    What did you not like?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I was never a fan of Ditko's material but I admit I was looking for something resembling his stuff, if even briefly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    What did you not like?
    Tbh, Visually the film was EPIC, but it just wasn't what I was expecting, for a film about the Sorceror Supreme... I didn't go to see this film expecting an action film, so it felt super jarring to see Doctor Strange jumping about like something out of Crouching Tiger, solving all his problems by hitting people. I know it's far easier to make that look impressive than it is to make an interesting Magical Duel, but I was upset they didn't really even seem to TRY and do it.

Even The Ancient One (Btw, Tilda did a SUPERB job, fuck the haters), who is meant to be the Sorceror Supreme right now, resolved so many conflicts with her l33t kung fu skillz... I can ALMOST understand that a barely trained Strange would use simple spells and some martial training in his fights, because he doesn't know any better, but why the hell would the current strongest sorceror on our plane of existence ever need to resort to anything as crude as hitting people?

Also, for once I actually agree with the most common complaint about films in the MCU, the villain was SERIOUSLY weak.

Although one thing I will say for it: The two post credit scenes were awesome, Looks like we're getting some more Strange in Ragnarok... Because what that film needed was MORE Avengers XD. The real after credit scene with Baron Mordo breaking bad was great though, while I may have been disappointed in this film, the second one is already shaping up well.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

why the hell would the current strongest sorceror on our plane of existence ever need to resort to anything as crude as hitting people?
    maybe to show restraint? just because something can be solved by magick doesnt always mean it should be
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The end Villain was weak. They could have at least sold us the eyes more. Only saw a pair of eyes twice I believe? They could have made it seem much more sinister with visuals. He looked like a video game boss.

Well, Dormammu is not really someone you can actually fight. In the movie he took more of a lingering threat/cameo role than anything else. He's one of the most powerful entities/spellcasters in the Marvel universe, and his reach is multiversal. He stood a chance against Eternity and he's arguably at least as strong as fully empowered Odin or Galactus.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-11-05 at 04:42 AM.

Dormammu did still look pretty terrible though, I agree with that criticism (which is a fairly common one). Even more jarring when there's a lot of visually pretty things in it.

On the topic of fighting in the movie, all Marvel movies are basically action-comedies with some different spices thrown in, so that there is a lot of combat seems obvious. I thought the magic was used well enough and wasn't overly fist-fighty, but it did seem mostly focused on combat encounters, even when he was training, which is weird when he is really just there to get healed, and doesn't want to actually fight anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    you're probably right here. but i am going to hold onto hope that they can knock it out of the park again. James Gunn can do it.
    Fixed it.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2016-11-05 at 05:45 AM.

Saw it last night. Movie was great. I want to see it in IMAX though. Visuals were amazing, all the acting was on point (still not sure about the Cumberbatch American accent). His girlfriend was incredibly forgiving and accepting of all the weirdness
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Well, Dormammu is not really someone you can actually fight. In the movie he took more of a lingering threat/cameo role than anything else. He's one of the most powerful entities/spellcasters in the Marvel universe, and his reach is multiversal. He stood a chance against Eternity and he's arguably at least as strong as fully empowered Odin or Galactus.
    *nods*
    Dormammu's very name is typically invoked to empower spells...that shows he's more of a "force" in the multiverse. (It's also why we couldn't get a better visual I suppose)
    -----------------------------

As for the fighting...that made sense to me. I mean if everyone knows the concept of magic in Marvel, it always revolved around mind/body/soul.

I admit I miss any references to actually spells that were cast in the comics. No "Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth" or "by the Vishanti" or anything...*sniffles*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    maybe to show restraint? just because something can be solved by magick doesnt always mean it should be
    That's true.

But in a film about Sorcerors, it would be nice if all the problems weren't solved in the exact same way that everyone else in MCU solves them, with physical violence.

This is the Sorceror Supreme we're talking about, she has a wealth of awesome spells at her disposal, saying she was just showing restraint by not using them and instead hitting people is kinda weak reasoning.

Looks like Deadpool 2 hasn't even started filming and Fox is already in the works of looking for stuff for Deadpool 3: http://screenrant.com/deadpool-3-x-f...ryan-reynolds/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont get why people keep bringing up white washing like its a thing in Dr. Strange. T

They changed the race/gender of TWO important characters. They changed an Asian Male into a White Female and changed a White Male into a Black Male. Yet no one talks about how Karl Mordo got changed into a black character. No one talks about how Wong stay an asian character. What are people even arguing? This isnt Gods of Egypt or the 10 commandments. Its 1 characters not an entire race of people being played by the wrong race. She isnt playing an asian character shes playing a celtic character.

God i hate people who are stupid.
    I haven't really seen this complaint of white washing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I've seen it mentioned a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Then clearly you've not been on Social Media much . Everyone lost their shit when Tilda Swinton was cast as Ancient One.

Then clearly you've not been on Social Media much . Everyone lost their shit when Tilda Swinton was cast as Ancient One.
    No, don't have facebook and haven't looked at twitter in over a year.