Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    TBH, was ANYONE actually expecting him to do anything other than phone it in during GoTG3 and then leave? He's made his feelings on the whole situation clear multiple times.

What WILL be quite interesting though, is the press tour. So, he's said he'll do what he's legally required. So he'll go to set each day, but in the legally required minimum to get the film done...

But what about all the shit that ISN'T filming? What about the interviews, tours etc... I wonder if he'll go along on them, and if he DOES, what will he say?

Somehow, I get the feeling his answers there would be better than the actual film XD.
    I read somewhere about Disney being water tight on requirements for them to do the press junket and stuff. As you say, if he was going to be a problem they'd probably just axe him from the process anyway. Honestly though, does Bautista have enough of a rep for acting that it wouldn't just make studios not want to deal with him for those antics?

It also does put the rest of the cast in a bad position, I think.

For the GotG fans, is Drax that important to you?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I read somewhere about Disney being water tight on requirements for them to do the press junket and stuff. As you say, if he was going to be a problem they'd probably just axe him from the process anyway. Honestly though, does Bautista have enough of a rep for acting that it wouldn't just make studios not want to deal with him for those antics?

It also does put the rest of the cast in a bad position, I think.

For the GotG fans, is Drax that important to you?
    oh this will definitely kill his career if gunn isnt brought back. which is admirable of him.

theres a reason most of the people involved are being cautious about how they show support or are just keeping their heads down. you rock the boat you dont get jobs.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I read somewhere about Disney being water tight on requirements for them to do the press junket and stuff.
    Wouldn't surprise me if there at least SOME contractual obligation... The question is how much, and how loose are they willing to be with it.

And tbh, I have no great love for Drax. It was James Gunn's writing and Drax's portrayal that made the character worth watching. Drax in the comics is rather different to the version that we see on screen.

Tbh, the Guardians as a whole are a little different. James Gunn has said himself many times, that the GoTG movies were HEAVILY influenced by Farscape. And tbh, watching the first film, my first though, coming out of the cinema was "Wow, so THAT'S what a Farscape film would be like."

So, if tomorrow they announced that GotG was being shelved, and the characters of importance would be salvaged and sent to other series, while the others would be dropped... I would be a BIT sad, but not overly so.

As for Bautista, I think he'd do fine. I mean, he has four films out in 2018... EXCLUDING his Marvel stuff. He's been working solidly since he left WWE, and only MAYBE 25% of that is his Disney/Marvel stuff. There's nothing as huge as Drax, but he's getting work and the loyalty he's shown during this furor will probably set him up well, with people on James Gunn's side of this nonsense.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Lets see the original cosmic Drax:

I don't think Ironman was mega popular, other than Spiderman and maybe Wolverine, who was outside of comic fans? But plenty of folks knew Ironman, Hulk, Cap, Thor, even if they lacked specifics.
    You're overestimating I think. I have plenty of non-comic fan friends, and several of them didn't realize Iron Man wasn't a new character when the first movie came out. They knew Spidey and many of his supporting cast, Wolverine, the X-Men(apparently Wolvie counts as 1 character and "X-Men" count as another), Hulk. There was more knowledge of DC, but I think a lot of that was due to many of them growing up with Batman:TAS(and the original Burton Batman movies) and Justice League/JL Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You're overestimating I think. I have plenty of non-comic fan friends, and several of them didn't realize Iron Man wasn't a new character when the first movie came out. They knew Spidey and many of his supporting cast, Wolverine, the X-Men(apparently Wolvie counts as 1 character and "X-Men" count as another), Hulk. There was more knowledge of DC, but I think a lot of that was due to many of them growing up with Batman:TAS(and the original Burton Batman movies) and Justice League/JL Unlimited.
    TO be perfectly honest, we're all just giving wild-ass-guesses for our opinions, so we could both be wrong and Iron Man could have been super well known to everyone but your friends. Hell, even then, we're both vague enough. "Plenty of people" could be any number!

There have been cartoons, and I think the cartoons are probably as much of a source for knowledge about these characters as anything, but dunno.

Either way, I was just saying that some of the concepts that work in comic books are too alien for regular use in the movies, abstract villains don't usually do as well, IMO. It's entirely possible to drag some of the more obscure works into the MCU, but I think GotG was an anomaly in a lot of ways for that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

before i started reading comic books the only time i ever saw iron man was in the spider-man cartoon and i thought he was spider-mans robot friend lol
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    before i started reading comic books the only time i ever saw iron man was in the spider-man cartoon and i thought he was spider-mans robot friend lol
    Reasonable if you knew about Leopardon:

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    The problem is Guardians is effectively him telling his personal story. The broad strokes and themes are all aspects of Gunn's personal life. I say this not because I'm outraged at Disney or a super duper Gunn cheerleader, however, without Gunn my interest in seeing Guardians is pretty marginal.

The Guardians without Gunn is I think effectively a different movie. Same actors, same places, but with the heart ripped out. Maybe they will prove me wrong which would be great, Guardians as turned out to be my favorite of the marvel movies.

Can any big spider-man fan please give me a break down why green goblin is normally considered the main/top villain of spider-man?

Is it his wits/tech that makes him more of a threat compared to rhino/scorpion dude etc, or is it just more the fact hes norman osborn and has the connection to peter parker and spider-man stories normally involve a cross over of peters life with the spider-mans?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Can any big spider-man fan please give me a break down why green goblin is normally considered the main/top villain of spider-man?

Is it his wits/tech that makes him more of a threat compared to rhino/scorpion dude etc, or is it just more the fact hes norman osborn and has the connection to peter parker and spider-man stories normally involve a cross over of peters life with the spider-mans?
    He isn't?

Kingpin is pretty much Spidermans top villain in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    He isn't?

Really!? Whats special about kingpin? Hes just pure muscle isnt he

Really!? Whats special about kingpin? Hes just pure muscle isnt he
    Give me a few seconds to process that statement.

What makes the Kingpin the biggest villain?
    Brains,
    Brawns,
    money,
    connections,
    being the fucking Emperor of Crime in NYC!
    Quite a lot of villains are only going up against Spiderman because KP sends them against him or on jobs where the webslinger then interferes.
    Or because they want to proof that they are bigger and badder than KP by beating Spiderman.

KP stands for KingPin, not Kim Possible. Just to clarify since both now belong to Disney.

Edited for typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Give me a few seconds to process that statement.

What makes the Kingpin the biggest villain?
    Brains,
    Brawns,
    money,
    connections,
    being the fucking Emperor of Crime in NYC!
    Quite a lot of villains are only going up against Spiderman because KP sends them against him or on jobs where the webslinger then interferes.
    Or because they want to proof that they are bigger and badder than KP by beating Spiderman.

KP stands for KingPin, not Kim Possible. Just to clarify since both now belong to Disney.

Edited for typos.
    brains? Hes not smarter than peter.

Brawn hes got yeah like I said.

And money and connections is nothing compared to spider sense.

brains? Hes not smarter than peter.
    Smart can be expressed in different ways. Fisk has proven time and time again to be a highly succesful businessman/criminal. He has so far always managed to claw his way back to the top of the criminal underworld.

Brawn hes got yeah like I said.
    Agreed.

And money and connections is nothing compared to spider sense.
    Money and connections that keep him out of reach for just about every law enforcement agencies, except the heroes so we can have comics.
    Money that makes other villains like Mysterio, Shocker and such go out and do his bidding including fighting Spiderman so he does not have to do it himself ...
    So .... having a 6th sense that allows you to dodge bullets vs the power to give the order to fire said bullet ... IMO the latter wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

He isn't?

I wouldnt agree with that. I feel like spideys arch nemesis could only be claimed by green goblin or octavius. They have arguably the biggest impacts on his mythos and arcs than any other villains.

He isn't?

No, he's not. He's a major player sure, but he spends a lot more time fighting Daredevil and the other "lower" powered crew than he does Spidey. Doc Ock and Goblin are Spidey's main villains. Sure, he's fought the Kingpin before, just like Batman has gone against Lex Luthor, but Kingpin is no more Spidey's "top villain" than Luthor is Batman's.