The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm not sure, the skrulls were a big thing when I was taking a hiatus from Marvel thanks to one more day. I think they are more at the galactic level, like Gaurdians of the Galaxy or Captain Marvel. I do remember them showing up in the first episode of the Silver Surfer cartoon in the 90s though.
    Skulls were kinda important to the point that they got there own event but I always saw them as just a stepping stone to get to better story’s mostly dark reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Skulls were kinda important to the point that they got there own event but I always saw them as just a stepping stone to get to better story’s mostly dark reign.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Yeah I basically skipped over all of that, from one more day all the way until JJJ became mayor.

I think i just figured out why Carol Danvers is in space right now and why part of the origin story isnt being told. I think Carol has amnesia. She doesnt remember her life prior to getting her powers. I think the Mar'vell was somewhat responsible and took her in and made her into the kree warrior she thinks she is. I think she thinks shes half human half kree but that is a lie by the kree, shes actually full human but doesnt know shes from earth. I think this will get revealed to her throughout the movie and make her want to come back to earth to discover her past. And eventually she will leave the Kree Empire and join our earth heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic about this movie, but the "Future is female!" theme etc. is pretty cringy. Just make a good movie without the intended/unintended virtue signaling.
    It does have that familiar "The Force is Female" smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I think i just figured out why Carol Danvers is in space right now and why part of the origin story isnt being told. I think Carol has amnesia. She doesnt remember her life prior to getting her powers. I think the Mar'vell was somewhat responsible and took her in and made her into the kree warrior she thinks she is. I think she thinks shes half human half kree but that is a lie by the kree, shes actually full human but doesnt know shes from earth. I think this will get revealed to her throughout the movie and make her want to come back to earth to discover her past. And eventually she will leave the Kree Empire and join our earth heroes.
    Carol Bourne

10/char

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I tohught Marvel/Disney didnt have the movie rights to Skrulls. Nice to see they do
    The "rights" are sort of nebulous on some things I think. Fantastic Four has Skrulls, so Marvel avoided them, but then said "screw it, they're not JUST FF's villains". I think Super Skrull and some others are FF specific though. A lot of stuff wasn't specific, and I think Disney knew Fox wasn't going to bring too much trouble, even before the buyout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    A little, but they DO look like the comic Skrull and they DO look awesome, so I can't really complain.
    Like Thanos, the comics had some big hard chin lines, then they got softened for the movies into more regular sized chins with some lines on them rather than giant ridges. It's not just the trimmed back heads (I mean, they ARE shapeshifters) but also their uniforms, just have the wrong vibe. Similar to Cap Marvel having the flight suit, I don't need swimsuit combatware, but a generic flight suit doesn't seem "hero" to me, just "generic pilot #34g".

Also: I'm getting more hyped for this film. I like the IDEA of Captain Marvel, but her recent comics have been... Less than great. I'm hoping the MCU version will be a bit more entertaining.
    I mean, is there something that would make you not hyped about a marvel movie? I don't mean it in a negative way, but you're a pretty diehard fan.
    I doubt they could stop you from seeing the movie as soon as you could, or the next one, or the one after...

Myself, I'm more blaise, I want to see Antman 2, but haven't bothered yet. This movie I won't bother with until way after DVD release.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I'm not sure, the skrulls were a big thing when I was taking a hiatus from Marvel thanks to one more day. I think they are more at the galactic level, like Gaurdians of the Galaxy or Captain Marvel. I do remember them showing up in the first episode of the Silver Surfer cartoon in the 90s though.
    They're not the Skrulls, dummy. They're the Scruuls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They're not the Skrulls, dummy. They're the Scruuls.
    Scruul story, bruh.

I'm just glad they put them in at all, though I guess it's a bit of a weird villain constellation we have right now. It'll be hard to be taken serious and NOT be on a galactic level after all we've seen lately.

I thought the Kingpin was more of a Daredevil villain. Like he still is a main spidey villain but between Spider-man and Daredevil, Daredevil gets the Kingpin.
    Sony and marvel co own the rights to kingpin. He's a grey area character like scarlet witch and quicksilver. As a kid who grew up with the 90s spider series I associate him with spidey more but I never thought of him as his arch
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Scruul story, bruh. I'm just glad they put them in at all, though I guess it's a bit of a weird villain constellation we have right now. It'll be hard to be taken serious and NOT be on a galactic level after all we've seen lately.
    Pretty much why I think the Infinity Stone shit will flip over the table and start the franchise over.
    We already see Spiderman. With the Fox purchase, we'll see mutants and FF and all related.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pretty much why I think the Infinity Stone shit will flip over the table and start the franchise over.
    We already see Spiderman. With the Fox purchase, we'll see mutants and FF and all related.
    That would make sense.

We have Scarlet Witch in play already, so it might very well be something equivalent to House of M - some fundamental changes that can serve as the platform for future films.

But it's hard to gauge, especially since we have Black Panther and Captain Marvel with one film only, restarting their franchises and undoing all the backstories might be a bit much?

It does have that familiar "The Force is Female" smell.
    If y'all get your feefees in a tizzy over a handful of words, that's cool. The rest of us will go watch Captain Marvel when it comes out

It's already been implied that Phase 4 will be dramatically different from what we've seen so far, so this makes sense (though I don't see a complete restart of the franchise happening). And this would be a very handy way to add mutants into the world (introducing FF is far easier).

I frankly admit my disdain for the current Marvel franchise. I didn't bother with half of the movies that were released in the past couple of years. A few of which I waited a month or so before seeing. With half of the characters being poorly written by other productions, notably the FF and flip a coin with the X-Men, Marvel/Disney's stuff was turning into a not-so-funny joke with almost every major villain introduced getting killed off.

I frankly admit my disdain for the current Marvel franchise. I didn't bother with half of the movies that were released in the past couple of years. A few of which I waited a month or so before seeing. With half of the characters being poorly written by other productions, notably the FF and flip a coin with the X-Men, Marvel/Disney's stuff was turning into a not-so-funny joke with almost every major villain introduced getting killed off.
    Im not a huge fan, I was only really a fan of spider-man from marvel because i thought the power was awesome, only really been into batman and justice league and that was because they had kick ass animated shows when I was a kid.

I have to say though, marvel have done pretty damn well with their movies. Not all of them of course, but the casting of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans and even Chris Hemsworth after the thor rag rework in their respective roles was perfect casting.

Ryan Reynolds as deadpool is hilarious and a better comedy than most comedies. Chris Pratt as Starlord is again perfect casting/role for the actor. Hes not half as charming/funny in Jurassic world as the indiana jones character, but as starlord hes perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I tohught Marvel/Disney didnt have the movie rights to Skrulls. Nice to see they do
    IIRC, they had the Skrull, they just weren't allowed to use Super Skrull, because that dude is part of the Fantastic Four license.

However, now that they've got the F4 back, they'll probably drop Super Skrull at some point.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    IIRC, they had the Skrull, they just weren't allowed to use Super Skrull, because that dude is part of the Fantastic Four license.

However, now that they've got the F4 back, they'll probably drop Super Skrull at some point.
    ahh right, must been Super Skrull that I was thinking of. Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    As a kid who grew up with the 90s spider series I associate him with spidey more but I never thought of him as his arch
    Huh? I grew up reading Spidey in the 90's too, and...I would never associate Kingpin with Spidey more than Daredevil. He did start out as a Spidey villain, and was someone Spidey fought occasionally, but early on he became positioned as one of Daredevil's major foes and nowhere near one of Spidey's go-to villains like Ock, the Goblins(Green OR Hob), even Vulture or Lizard, then of course Venom/Carnage once they blew up...
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2018-09-07 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Huh? I grew up reading Spidey in the 90's too, and...I would never associate Kingpin with Spidey more than Daredevil. He did start out as a Spidey villain, and was someone Spidey fought occasionally, but early on he became positioned as one of Daredevil's major foes and nowhere near one of Spidey's go-to villains like Ock, the Goblins(Green OR Hob), even Vulture or Lizard, then of course Venom/Carnage once they blew up...
    was talking about the animated series. he was pretty prevalent in it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    So I watched Iron Fist Season 2. Am I the only one who was bored for 9h 55m and only the last 5 mins where what I wanted, thats how Iron fist should be?