Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Considering the size and scope of the X-Men (They could basically have their own universe lol), there could be a series based on kids at the school, New Mutants, New X-Men, Young X-Men, Generation X, X-Terminators, X-Statix, could all work. Sure maybe not for a main X title but there's room for an side project TV show there.
    Remember this:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Remember this:

I do now.. thanks for reminding me... I think the whole movie is on YouTube last I remember :P

EDIT: It is. you are all welcome lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-04-03 at 09:52 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I do now.. thanks for reminding me... I think the whole movie is on YouTube last I remember :P

Such 90's. Very Wow.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Such 90's. Very Wow.
    More 90's than that is David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.,it's truly terrible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    More 90's than that is David Hasselhoff's Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.,it's truly terrible though.
    Ooof. Yeah. Makes Gen X look like high art comparitively.

Will see moon Knight as Ethan hawke is in it really enjoy him as a actor other then that just looking at the trailer it looks so so. His newest movie coming soon The black phone is supposed to be really really good too.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Really enjoyed the first episode of Moon Knight as well. Somehow, it doesn't feel quite as "Marvel" in tone compared to the others. I hope it stays that way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Moonknight first episode was a blast, sadly, it ended right in the good part, rly enjoy it

today i will see Morbius, a lot of people are hating on it, but from what i heard, is better than venom 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    I had no idea that Wolverine is supposed to be that small. Watched a ton of the movies, never opened a comic book.
    and you still found out in a world of warcraft forum

- - - Updated - - -

X-men evolutions was pretty good and very succesful from what i remember, everyone loved back then, and it is one of my favorites x-men media, i rly liked the concept of the young mutants and all, i would not mind a movie or better a tv-show of that, with the current cgi i think it would be dope

lol, i remember watching this movie as a kid, it was amazing back then, lmao, this was a shot from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Moonknight first episode was a blast, sadly, it ended right in the good part, rly enjoy it

today i will see Morbius, a lot of people are hating on it, but from what i heard, is better than venom 1 and 2.
    Not a very high bar since both those movies were shit as well, but at least the Tom Hardy Brock/Venom dynamic was fun which I don't think you'll find in Morbius. Much of the hate for the movie seems to stem from the godawful post credit scenes, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Not a very high bar since both those movies were shit as well, but at least the Tom Hardy Brock/Venom dynamic was fun which I don't think you'll find in Morbius. Much of the hate for the movie seems to stem from the godawful post credit scenes, though.
    isn't a high bar but the media praised, which seems weird to me, we all knew what those sony independent movies are, maybe people were expecting too much after NWH

And yes the post credit scenes made no damn sense, they wasted opportunity to just throw andrew spider and win over the fans

Ooof. Yeah. Makes Gen X look like high art comparitively.
    Never even heard of this one, but written by David Goyer? I mean, the guy has certainly had a lot of misses, but even those tended to be entertaining, and the hits are pretty top notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the size and scope of the X-Men (They could basically have their own universe lol), there could be a series based on kids at the school, New Mutants, New X-Men, Young X-Men, Generation X, X-Terminators, X-Statix, could all work. Sure maybe not for a main X title but there's room for an side project TV show there.
    Totally. There are so many variations to choose from.

My dream would be for them to introduce them in the same way the Avengers series ran. Start with 1 character, and build from there. my unpopular opinion would be to not do it with Wolverine. One, he's been done to death already. And Two, and I know i'm not in the majority here, he is overrated.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Never even heard of this one, but written by David Goyer? I mean, the guy has certainly had a lot of misses, but even those tended to be entertaining, and the hits are pretty top notch.
    Well, I mean, if you want to check it out... and come back with a "fresh eyes" review...I'd love to hear it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Totally. There are so many variations to choose from.

My dream would be for them to introduce them in the same way the Avengers series ran. Start with 1 character, and build from there. my unpopular opinion would be to not do it with Wolverine. One, he's been done to death already. And Two, and I know i'm not in the majority here, he is overrated.
    Can't agree with "two"... but I can give you a "three"

The best way to re-boot the X-men would be, IMHO, with the OG X-Men: Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren, and Hank. I don't think they need to start with a single character, though. For one, the X-men are a known quantity now. And for another... Mutants are the ultimate shortcut for origin stories. They don't need to spend the opening act of the movie explaining how these people got their powers... that can be handled in the opening scrawl. It can start pretty similarly to the comics...with most of our primary characters already enrolled in the school.

Harry Potter franchise says hi.

Yeah, gearing the X-men to more of a children driven, school adventure/drama type of story would piss of A LOT of sweaty adults, but there's definitely a market for it.
    I don't see how it would piss people off? Half the popular X-Men are students or ex-students of the academy. The only ones always shown to be adults are the original lineup characters. Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Jean, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Xavier, Forge were adults. Despite this, theyve done multiple reboots and soft retcons that changed that line-up all the time. Sometimes Wolverine, Xavier and Storm are the only adults. Usually the only safe bet on who can't be recast as teenagers are Wolvie, Storm, Beast and Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I don't see how it would piss people off? Half the popular X-Men are students or ex-students of the academy. The only ones always shown to be adults are the original lineup characters. Cyclops, Iceman, Angel, Jean, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Xavier, Forge were adults. Despite this, theyve done multiple reboots and soft retcons that changed that line-up all the time. Sometimes Wolverine, Xavier and Storm are the only adults. Usually the only safe bet on who can't be recast as teenagers are Wolvie, Storm, Beast and Xavier.
    Some of those characters are not "Original Lineup". Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, and Forge all came later. The Original Lineup is Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, and Iceman... and all of them were teenagers.

And the objection would not be with them being students. The idea that was floated was not "Students that are also Superheroes" but "Students that are just students". The entire movie franchise would be based entirely around their studies at Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

Some of those characters are not "Original Lineup". Wolverine, Rogue, Gambit, Storm, and Forge all came later. The Original Lineup is Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Angel, and Iceman... and all of them were teenagers.

And the objection would not be with them being students. The idea that was floated was not "Students that are also Superheroes" but "Students that are just students". The entire movie franchise would be based entirely around their studies at Charles Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.
    Depends on what you consider to be the original lineup, the first members of the first issue or the various reboots throughout the decades... I played the safe route of naming the original lineup alongside the lineup of the 90s cartoon, except Jubilee.

And students that are just students? But they also live at the academy, it'd have to cover all facets of their lives and it could be an interesting way to flashback on characters with vague origin stories. I'd be sold tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    And students that are just students? But they also live at the academy, it'd have to cover all facets of their lives and it could be an interesting way to flashback on characters with vague origin stories. I'd be sold tbh
    But who could possibly find the scholastic shenanigans of powered kids interesting?

Just ignore that the Harry Potter series is wildly successful despite the reams of problematic messaging it pushes.

Depends on what you consider to be the original lineup, the first members of the first issue or the various reboots throughout the decades... I played the safe route of naming the original lineup alongside the lineup of the 90s cartoon, except Jubilee.

"The Original Lineup" is the The Original Lineup. It's not a matter of debate:

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But who could possibly find the scholastic shenanigans of powered kids interesting?

Just ignore that the Harry Potter series is wildly successful despite the reams of problematic messaging it pushes.
    Harry Potter uses a school as the setting...but, it's the fight against Voldemort's forces that drives the franchise.

Like I said, A series based on the education of those "gifted youngsters" could make for a good D+ series... but they will never go that route with the films.

"The Original Lineup" is the The Original Lineup. It's not a matter of debate:

Ya I know who the originals were, and we aren't debating lol.