Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Ya I know who the originals were
    Do you? Because I'm not so sure that you do. I mean, you're the one that said that it "depends on what you consider to be the Original Lineup".

It doesn't.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay, people were rly going with mob mentality, Morbius was pretty good for a sony movie, better than both venons, and some MCU movies EASY, like eternals.

Origin stories tend to be slow but this one is fast paced, i love the CGI of how they did morbius powers and the slow motion on the attacks.

The only bad thing i can say is both moronic post scene credits making no sense vulture was not supposed to be send to Morbius/Venom universe UNLESS he was from there from the start, even the dialogue felt chessy, they could have won the lotery just by putting a glimpse of this universe spiderman but they went with this instead.

I do hope its enough to make sequel/sinister six movie

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Do you? Because I'm not so sure that you do. I mean, you're the one that said that it "depends on what you consider to be the Original Lineup".

It doesn't.
    I mean I listed all the originals with no edits to my post and included the more famous X-Men as well. Are you seriously trying to be a gatekeeping douche for no reason? Who the originals are wasn't the topic, it's "ones who most often appear as adults in films and comics"
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-04-05 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I mean I listed all the originals with no edits to my post and included the more famous X-Men as well. Are you seriously trying to be a gatekeeping douche for no reason? Who the originals are wasn't the topic, it's "ones who most often appear as adults in films and comics"
    It's not gatekeeping. You listed a bunch of X-Men that weren't "Original Line-up" as being part of the Original Lineup and then after you got called on it...you doubled down and said "well it depends on what what you consider to be the original line-up". It doesn't. The original lineup is fixed. And if we're talking about the "Original Line-Up"... they were all Teenagers at the time.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Episode 2 was pretty damn good. The pacing has felt decent so far, I just wish it was 10 episodes instead of 6.
    Man, I frickin' lost it when Steven put on the snazzy white suit.

Totally breaks with the comics, but in the best possible ways.

Episode 2 of Moon Knight was pretty good. I immediately thought when he went to the locker that had the bar code it was gonna be something if you tried it with your phone. Sadly it seems to be fake as nothing pops up. I am disappointed.

Signature Created by Jassinta

If I thrown in spoiler tags later, it's probably because I'm referencing plot points or something close to it. The show's still new, so I'd rather overtag spoilers than undertag.

After two episodes so far, Oscar Isaacs and Ethan Hawke are carrying Moon Knight. Given their performances with the material we got, this show would probably be a lot better if it focused more on character development/study than making it... well, what it looks like is going to happen to the show the further we get in. Easily the best parts of the show are when Isaacs interacts with himself, or Isaacs interacts with Hawke.

However, the show has some weak parts, some that may get worse over time...

Let's be honest, the CGI is pretty dodgy most of the time. Not sure if it was a budget issue, a time issue, or a "we don't care" issue, but you can tell they purposefully avoid focusing on the dogs/jackals in fight scenes because it's very bad. Same thing happens with a lot of the action scenes in general: the stills are usually passable (not always), anything with movement is bad. Regardless, this feels like a case of Marvel feeling obligated to have certain elements in their shows just because they're Marvel, so there's way more CGI in the show than they could handle. You'd think someone would put on their big boy pants and say "Hey, let's break the mold a little bit and do something else where we don't have to use CGI"... maybe they did and got fired/ignored.

By far the weakest part of the show after two episodes is the character Layla. I have no idea if this is some pivotal character in the comic or not, but so far you could not even have the character present in the show to have it function basically the same (or even better in some cases). It feels like a character insert in execution, or at the very least a plot device... could be they just wanted a female lead for their own political reasons/obligations, who knows. What I do know is that it adds nothing constructive to the show thus far as executed. The chemistry (I use this term lightly) between Layla and Steven is insanely rushed, I'd say even more rushed than Loki and Sylvie if that's possible. The whole "I really miss, care, and am worried about you Marc... oh, here's divorce papers you gave me, please sign them so I can move on" is just jarring in how they portray it. Layla is basically the ninja character of the show, aka the character who just pops up out of nowhere at the right time to do something or see something to move the plot along (at least three times in Episode 2 she just happens to pop up with no one noticing or just randomly the right time for plot).

A much better way to do this is to not have the character present at all. Just have the concept of Layla as a love interest for Marc come up due to all the missed calls so you can have the idea of Marc/Steve having two separate lives. Have innocent Steven think it's odd that Marc is ignoring the calls, and have interactions between the two go into how Marc is torn between being with a love interest and protecting his wife from the gods. Cut out the concept that she's going on missions with you (because why the hell are you bringing her on dangerous/murderous missions yet saying you're trying to protect her??), just leave her as a background character as a motivation instead. With such changes, you basically get the result they were trying to impress without weighing down the story with superfluous dialogue and scenes.

Here's hoping they go a completely different direction in regard to Layla... but considering that every Marvel show in Phase 4 has gone the exact same way by the end of their run, I'm not holding my breath. It's probably why the actions and motivations seem all jumbled up for the character, as there really wasn't much thought put into it beyond surface level stuff. Other shows have done similar concepts way better without making the character feel like a construct. I don't blame the actress at all as you can tell she's trying her best with the material, as I guarantee this is completely the fault of the writing and direction.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Enjoyed the second episode as well. Very fun watch, but I do agree with the CGI on Moon Knight being pretty bad so far during action sequences, which is a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Enjoyed the second episode as well. Very fun watch, but I do agree with the CGI on Moon Knight being pretty bad so far during action sequences, which is a shame.
    Honestly, it's probably just a matter of budget, and I'd imagine it also played into their decision to make them invisible half the time. They likely focused the effects budget onto things they felt were more important, which may be sequences in later episodes, animating the suit, etc.

It's not great, but it's not shockingly, distractingly bad, either.

As for Layla and @exochaft 's comments; she's a new character so far as I know, not drawn from the comics, so there's no expected path. If I were writing this, I wouldn't be writing her as a love interest, though; she represents Marc's past, and she's a goad to push him into doing what Khonshu wants. Wouldn't be shocked if Khonshu is in part responsible for her showing up at all, since she's also his next pick for his Avatar. In fact, if she's such a good candidate, it seems like the perfect "fuck you" to Marc would be having some [I]other[/I] god pick her. We've got Ammut and Khonshu, after all, why not add a third? Maybe go for a diametrical opposition and have her be made the Avatar of Ra or Amun, a sun-god of some form.

It's a better story if they don't rekindle the romance, or if sparks start to fly and they're immediately and irrevocably separated because the gods are fickle bastards.

Seriously, Hollywood, we don't need love stories in every film or TV show.

Morbius is terrible. Jared Leto (who im pretty sure is a nonce right?) is hilariously bad in movies. I thought it might be one of those so bad its good but its not. There seems to be 2 marvels to me. Ones like avengers which are huge money spinners and ones like Morbius which must be part of some sort of money laundering scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Morbius is terrible. Jared Leto (who im pretty sure is a nonce right?) is hilariously bad in movies. I thought it might be one of those so bad its good but its not. There seems to be 2 marvels to me. Ones like avengers which are huge money spinners and ones like Morbius which must be part of some sort of money laundering scheme.
    Well, as far as the films go, there literally are two Marvels. The "MCU" and the "SPUMC" (Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters). Morbius is in the latter with Venom and other Spider-Man related characters. Sony and Disney are currently in a "shared custody" situation with Spider-Man himself.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-04-07 at 05:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Gorr the god butcher"

What in the flying fuck, this look awful

*shakes head*
    From a shitty comic storyline...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait love and thunder is going to be about the god butcher? That seems like such a odd choice given that Jane wasn’t Involved in that story line at all other then a cliff hanger at the end.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

If Gorr the God Butcher is wielding All-Black in this movie, then I "fear" (translation: excitement of sorts) that All-Black's maker will eventually be introduced, and if that happens, then the MCU is going to need all the help that it can get!

The MCU vs. Spider-Man split is getting on my nerves. And so is the whole X-Men thing. I'm not sure where things are going, but it's starting to feel like exactly why I never bothered with Marvel/DC comic books: too many frigging powered characters all in one thing, and too many story lines all happening at the same time or not or maybe or who the fuck knows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Moon Knight ep 03 i can only say fuck Steven Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Wait love and thunder is going to be about the god butcher? That seems like such a odd choice given that Jane wasn’t Involved in that story line at all other then a cliff hanger at the end.
    This move feels a lot weird, mjolnir destroyed, we abrely had any good movies with Thor, they are already ditching him to make Jane "the thor", we don't know what thor future, since he ditch new asgard and went to the guardians, so what will happen with guardians volume 3.

Then you bring a story with Gorr, that if i recall, was basically only him and Thor with a lot of stuff from different timelines involved.

And Gorr actually look awful, plus, the trailer is delayed for so long, i think this movie will end up being a huge mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    If Gorr the God Butcher is wielding All-Black in this movie, then I "fear" (translation: excitement of sorts) that All-Black's maker will eventually be introduced, and if that happens, then the MCU is going to need all the help that it can get!
    with all the stuff going on with Sony+Venom+spider-man, it will be a huge mess to deal with the King in Black story

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why is this exactly? You do realize it's a third persona doing the ultra violence stuff that fucked up the episode... right?
    And why do you think i was talking about that part...?

He is just annoying, the part wanting the body to get shoved with spears and then "get back" pissed me off.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    This move feels a lot weird, mjolnir destroyed, we abrely had any good movies with Thor, they are already ditching him to make Jane "the thor", we don't know what thor future, since he ditch new asgard and went to the guardians, so what will happen with guardians volume 3.

Then you bring a story with Gorr, that if i recall, was basically only him and Thor with a lot of stuff from different timelines involved.

And Gorr actually look awful, plus, the trailer is delayed for so long, i think this movie will end up being a huge mess.
    Man I totally forgot that the hammer in end game was only There because of time travel and they put it back. I mean they could be forging a new one but they already covered that with the axe.

Ya this movie seems like it’s going to be super odd with shoving Jane into the butcher storyline and there being no Asgard for king thor to come from.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.