Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s classic comic event stuff. Characters you never see in a panel together suddenly are and it’s awesome. The people angry about it have issues.
    I'm going to disagree here. It was so contrived that it broke the mood for several minutes. It was simply poor craft work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That was the point? That was what it was meant as. I mean, what was she supposed to say? No?
    You are misunderstanding. It's not about the idea of having the moment, it was how the moment was written.

I have no issue with a scene where a child is in awe and amazement that they get to see a superhero who is like them, when there are so few. It can be a magical moment, and really pull on your heart strings. The viewer should feel the joy bursting out of that child. However when it is written in a way that was (imo) too direct to the point, it comes up short on it being a truly magical moment. Its like it was wedged in there just to have it. Not tactfully weaved into the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The scene in Moon Knight was a little on-the-nose. But given the short shrift the ladies have largely gotten up till then, whatever.
    I am repurposing the above quote to demonstrate my feelings on the scene with the child. ^ This is the way I feel about the scene with the child in Moon Knight.

Too on the nose, but I understand the reason, and it is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    This is a pretty classic superhero trope: saving the innocents caught in the crossfire and then the awestruck onlooker. I would have been more surprised if they didn’t do it.
    Change classic, to cliche, and yes.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    This is a pretty classic superhero trope: saving the innocents caught in the crossfire and then the awestruck onlooker. I would have been more surprised if they didn’t do it.
    Almost like the recently did a whole TV series about an awestruck onlooker being inspired to do more.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are misunderstanding. It's not about the idea of having the moment, it was how the moment was written.

I have no issue with a scene where a child is in awe and amazement that they get to see a superhero who is like them, when there are so few. It can be a magical moment, and really pull on your heart strings. The viewer should feel the joy bursting out of that child. However when it is written in a way that was (imo) too direct to the point, it comes up short on it being a truly magical moment. Its like it was wedged in there just to have it. Not tactfully weaved into the moment.
    You explaining makes your opinion make even less sense. There is literally nothing like that in the moment that I cannot understand why you feel it was that way.

If it was less direct, it would feel way less real and thus remove the magic because they would be essentially going "LOOK WE DID A GOOD!"

Honestly, you say you found it too cheesy, but this explanation comes across of wanting more cheese in the moment.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-05-06 at 03:13 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in my past 10 comments, I explained how I feel more than sufficiently. If you still don't understand where I am coming from, then I understand why you basically needed someone to stare into the camera and tell you that they are an Egyptian Superhero. lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I think in my past 10 comments, I explained how I feel more than sufficiently. If you still don't understand where I am coming from, then I understand why you basically needed someone to stare into the camera and tell you that they are an Egyptian Superhero. lol
    It just seems like you want more cheese in a scene you found too cheesy.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I really liked the scene where the kid asks, 'are you a Egyptian superhero?'

As a person of colour, I know exactly how hyped I'm going to be when there's a legit Indian superhero in the MCU/DCEU. It means a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I really liked the scene where the kid asks, 'are you a Egyptian superhero?'

As a person of colour, I know exactly how hyped I'm going to be when there's a legit Indian superhero in the MCU/DCEU. It means a lot.
    I think people are focusing on the kid in that scene.

That scene's important for Layla. She hesitates a moment before answering because she didn't make any of the choices that led her there with the intent to "be a superhero". But now that she had, and she thinks about it for half a second, yeah. She isn't gonna stop once Ammut's taken care of.

All this fuss over two lines in a 6 episode series? lol...

Honestly, the superheroing stuff was the least interesting part of that show. And it's nice that they didn't show anything more of Mark's vigilante stuff than the baggage he was carrying because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    For example she hulk has like 15 or so different notable series
    Amazing Spider-Man has been "rebooted" several times in the last decade alone though.
    Also, Spider-Man has had multiple monthly titles. As well as team books.

But his general point stands. There have been plenty of female characters that have been around as long as Peter Parker...but none of them have anywhere near as many comic book appearances. The closest is probably Sue Storm... and she was "The Invisible Girl" for almost 25 years before finally changing her name to "The Invisible Woman".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Honestly, the superheroing stuff was the least interesting part of that show. And it's nice that they didn't show anything more of Mark's vigilante stuff than the baggage he was carrying because of it.
    I'd actually kinda like a prequel series that dealt specifically with Mark accumulating that bagage. Could loosely base it around the Huston/Finch run from 2006. It also works in the sense that Steven and Jake are hardly even mentioned. Sanity-wise... it's one of Mark's lowest points.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You’ve obviously not read comics very often then. The big splash panels are almost always contrived. Hell, see the splash panels going back to the first Avengers. Zero reason for Tony to swoop in and blast off of Caps shield, it was still awesome to see.
    Tbh not since I had to sell my collection for rent money many many moons ago. I don't think that was a technique used back in my day but it's so long ago I can't be 100% sure.

I think people are focusing on the kid in that scene.

That scene's important for Layla. She hesitates a moment before answering because she didn't make any of the choices that led her there with the intent to "be a superhero". But now that she had, and she thinks about it for half a second, yeah. She isn't gonna stop once Ammut's taken care of.
    I’m not even sure what the fuss is?

It’s a heartfelt question, with a heartfelt answer.

Here's our first look at She Hulk.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

5+ Year Old Account
    oh lol his reactions...

10+ Year Old Account
    That CGI is pretty bad. Like, everything about the CGI is bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    I does seem fun, and i like the idea of bringing back hulk and the guy who did abomination, but the CGI is in the uncanny valley territory, rly weird.

The tinder gag was a bit cringe too.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    The tinder gag was a bit cringe too.
    She Hulk sleeping around a ton was a ongoing Gag in her comics for a while so I wouldn’t be surprised if they fall back on it quite a few times.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    She Hulk sleeping around a ton was a ongoing Gag in her comics for a while so I wouldn’t be surprised if they fall back on it quite a few times.
    More than just a gag; it's a pretty significant plot point in the storyline they seem to be referencing, here, not just done to be silly. Bruce's schtick is that he and Hulk hate each other; even his current iteration is just Banner with Hulk's body, and Hulk could come back any time. Jennifer's schtick is that she's a wallflower who's constantly overlooked and overly shy, but secretly wishes she had more confidence, and She-Hulk brings that confidence to an aggressive degree. It's not a duality, She-Hulk is basically Walters dialed from a 2 to 11, and it starts causing her a lot of problems because Shulkie doesn't have the best emotional control, but is also arrogant/confident enough to not see that/not think it's a problem. It's wish fulfillment that goes too far, basically, and the whole arc is about her finding more balance and coming to terms with herself.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    More than just a gag; it's a pretty significant plot point in the storyline they seem to be referencing, here, not just done to be silly. Bruce's schtick is that he and Hulk hate each other; even his current iteration is just Banner with Hulk's body, and Hulk could come back any time. Jennifer's schtick is that she's a wallflower who's constantly overlooked and overly shy, but secretly wishes she had more confidence, and She-Hulk brings that confidence to an aggressive degree. It's not a duality, She-Hulk is basically Walters dialed from a 2 to 11, and it starts causing her a lot of problems because Shulkie doesn't have the best emotional control, but is also arrogant/confident enough to not see that/not think it's a problem. It's wish fulfillment that goes too far, basically, and the whole arc is about her finding more balance and coming to terms with herself.
    It's been year's since I've read any lawyer She hulk stuff so it might just be that the only things that come to mind are her sleeping with every one (but the juggernaut) and the starfox Trial that makes me Remember it as a Gag then.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been year's since I've read any lawyer She hulk stuff so it might just be that the only things that come to mind are her sleeping with every one (but the juggernaut) and the starfox Trial that makes me Remember it as a Gag then.
    Yeah, there's this whole thing about how gamma mutants aren't the same in their gamma forms, and for Walters specifically, Shulkie is WAY more prone to risky behaviour and partying all night. Part of the point being made in that arc, too, is that nobody would've considered this worth commenting on if she were a male hero. Exploring that double standard and getting to the root of Walters' personal trauma are the core of that particular element of the comic arc.