Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Rune King Thor is a major powerhouse. A god for gods.
    Still not RKT but that version is also a powerhouse. RKT has blue eyes, no beard and usually has Munin and Hunin on each shoulder since they acted as his eyes. I mean the mcu obviously can mish mash it all however they wish but mentioning it for whoever has an interest in it comicwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other reason I think we're heading there, is how many more Hemsworth movies do they really want to do? How many more does he want to do? He's signed on for three more movies. That's what, two solos and one more Avengers combo? Once we get to RKT that's pretty much it and we're done with the whole arc, he might turn up in cameos in future but it'd be the end of his whole "growth" so to speak.

But we're already on four Thor films, of the original Avengers he's the only one going onto what looks set to be a double trilogy, the only person who'll rival him in movie count is Spiderman, and Holland won't be doing those forever either. So it seems logical that we'll get RKT sooner than later, because I don't think we're going to have a great deal of Thor left in the MCU.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The other reason I think we're heading there, is how many more Hemsworth movies do they really want to do? How many more does he want to do? He's signed on for three more movies. That's what, two solos and one more Avengers combo? Once we get to RKT that's pretty much it and we're done with the whole arc, he might turn up in cameos in future but it'd be the end of his whole "growth" so to speak.

But we're already on four Thor films, of the original Avengers he's the only one going onto what looks set to be a double trilogy, the only person who'll rival him in movie count is Spiderman, and Holland won't be doing those forever either. So it seems logical that we'll get RKT sooner than later, because I don't think we're going to have a great deal of Thor left in the MCU.
    It's hard to compare Thor with the other major Avengers (Iron Man and Captain America) because the Avenger movies where mostly about Captain America and Iron Man.

You can easily consider all of the Avenger movies as a Iron Man movies and to some degree a Captain America movie. Which this reddit post kind of confirms.

You can easily make a few more Thor centric movies and actually have it matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    5 things you need to know about ‘She-Hulk: Attorney at Law’
    If anyone wants a few details like cameos, runtime (9 shorter episodes) and such. There is also a pic of Titania in there.
    "In the comic books, She-Hulk is known for her Deadpool-esque quips and fourth wall-breaking."

Screw you, article-writer. Deadpool is known for his She-Hulk-esque quips and fourth-wall-breaking.

She-Hulk started breaking the 4th Wall and talking direct to readers and showing awareness that she was a comic book character waaay back in Byrne's run starting in '89. She was there before Deadpool even existed as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "In the comic books, She-Hulk is known for her Deadpool-esque quips and fourth wall-breaking."

Screw you, article-writer. Deadpool is known for his She-Hulk-esque quips and fourth-wall-breaking.

She-Hulk started breaking the 4th Wall and talking direct to readers and showing awareness that she was a comic book character waaay back in Byrne's run starting in '89. She was there before Deadpool even existed as a character.
    I loved this crazy panels. Byrne is the 2nd on my list of all time greats.

Although the original and first use of selfawareness was Howard the Duck.

It's a pity that the '86 Film fucked the character so bad he is still recovering.

5+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Ouch! Damn...

Marvels relationship with VFX artists seems to be breaking down. Over worked, under paid, unrealistic deadlines causing burn out, and being so big in the market causing an unhealthy work relationship. And I can totally see it. The volume of movies/shows that are super cgi heavy. You can even notice the quality has never really gone up in a long time if anything its been slowly getting worse. Why does success always lead to exploitation of the little people

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Finally got around to seeing thor and man did I not enjoy it. I think mIt might be with ant man two as my least enjoyed MCU movie.

About all I really enjoyed was the half a second of meek and the very ending with love.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they decide to continue with this direction, next thor can be Adan Sandler, and i think the nothing much would change. I mean, i still love Christ as Thor, but i can't see then going forward with rune king thor, or Thor force, or any other awesome versions of him with this idea of comedian, dumb himbo, they fucked up the story about Gorr - despite some people here saying they would not - they sure will fuck up again if they don't change direction.

Maybe its time for Ray bill... But is such a waste

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem with Thor's character in hindsight is that Thor to me has always acted in the movies like how the comics Hercules acts. In the comics I love Hercules, more so than Thor, he is a giant himbo but I love him. He's a bit more of a light hearted Thor (comics) with a heart of gold, at least from the era I started reading Hercules where he was going around with Amadeus Cho. I loved his role in Chaos War and despite Fear Itself being a hot mess of a storyline, the tie in with Hercules was the best part of that whole saga.

I do fear maybe the MCU will make Hercules this serious guy, which is completely the opposite to how I feel how they made Thor. Now if they make him a comedic character in the movie, casual fans will just see him as 'oh he's just Thor lite' and Hercules is anything but a Thor lite. No one better be bashing my Herc :P

Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-17 at 11:44 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    My problem with Thor's character in hindsight is that Thor to me has always acted in the movies like how the comics Hercules acts. In the comics I love Hercules, more so than Thor, he is a giant himbo but I love him. He's a bit more of a light hearted Thor (comics) with a heart of gold, at least from the era I started reading Hercules where he was going around with Amadeus Cho. I loved his role in Chaos War and despite Fear Itself being a hot mess of a storyline, the tie in with Hercules was the best part of that whole saga.

I do fear maybe the MCU will make Hercules this serious guy, which is completely the opposite to how I feel how they made Thor. Now if they make him a comedic character in the movie, casual fans will just see him as 'oh he's just Thor lite' and Hercules is anything but a Thor lite. No one better be bashing my Herc :P

Well, I think the next obvious step if Hercules is going to be a big part of Thor 5 is to play out the fact that they're similar. Make them initially 'too similar', and naturally hostile to each other, until it turns into a buddy cop kind of thing.

I just discovered this guy who started critiquing movies on YouTube recently and does he ever nail my issues with both MoM and L&T. These are absolutely poor movies, probably worse than the Star Wars prequels or TLJ and RoS.

Trigger warning: criticism of the MCU is found within these videos. If you are too fragile to accept that not everyone loves what you love uncritically, perhaps you should pass on watching them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I just discovered this guy who started critiquing movies on YouTube recently and does he ever nail my issues with both MoM and L&T. These are absolutely poor movies, probably worse than the Star Wars prequels or TLJ and RoS.

Trigger warning: criticism of the MCU is found within these videos. If you are too fragile to accept that not everyone loves what you love uncritically, perhaps you should pass on watching them.
    congratulations on finding someone else on the internet who agrees with you. it's tough to find someone like that, but you did it!

10+ Year Old Account
    There's still art, design, and technique to appreciate from these films. Don't get me wrong, the writing and pacing is really off in Marvel's recent projects, but this is what differentiates film connoisseurs from critics.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    There's still art, design, and technique to appreciate from these films. Don't get me wrong, the writing and pacing is really off in Marvel's recent projects, but this is what differentiates film connoisseurs from critics.
    Oh, for sure. They're not irredeemably bad movies in every way. I don't think many films are though there are some, like Future War and Manos. I'd just been baffled that so many people have been praising MoM, for instance, when its massive flaws have been pretty obvious to me. It's much like how I felt when The Phantom Menace came out and so many people were just so excited to have new Star Wars that I was left amazed that they couldn't see how terribly done the film had been. Then came Mr. Plinkett to critique the film in a humorous way and people were suddenly "Ahh, I see now what's so wrong with this". It's really helpful to have someone put into words what you may not be able to in a coherent manner, I figured there were probably others who would enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account

I dont wanna watch the videos just in case they're grifty man children crying about wokeness again. Too many of those people creep on my timeline on youtube. I mean I dislike phase 4 right now, like a lot, I think MCU has jumped the shark in many ways, but my reasoning for disliking never falls in line with those who openly make 30 videos crying about it. As I said I do not know this guy, maybe he has neat points with good arguments, but I can never take that risk on youtube these days.

There is that one youtuber who keeps on making videos on Rings of Power and I cannot for the love of me get rid of his videos even after blocking him. so I tend to avoid reviews with titles like '...is trash' '...sucks' or '...is a slap in the face to real fans'' Those sort of titles tend to usually lead to the videos I openly try to avoid.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-07-18 at 03:22 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I dont wanna watch the videos just in case they're grifty man children crying about wokeness again.
    I totally get that, I find those sorts of arguments to be tedious and childish, as well. As far as I can remember, I don't think there were any/many comments regarding "woke" in these videos. The closest I can think of is referring to Natalie Portman as "Natalie Portwoman", which is a bit cringe but more a bit of a joke. The video specifically says how much they enjoyed the Mighty Thor character in the comics and that they were disappointed by the portrayal of the character in the films, so I'm fairly certain that this isn't someone upset that women/minorities are being allowed to be in films/comics The Dr. Strange video makes no mention of anything remotely "woke", afaik.

I'm not interested in people screeching about non-straight, white, men being allowed to exist, so if these videos had just been that I would've noped out pretty quick. I can't speak for all his videos, however, though there are not a lot since he only started about two months ago.

I will say he's a little hyperbolic at times, using terms like "absolute garbage" and replaying a clip of someone saying something like "It's a table full of shit!". I just ignore those parts, I get that YouTubers try to be funny and fail quite often but some people eat that nonsense up.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, for sure. They're not irredeemably bad movies in every way. I don't think many films are though there are some, like Future War and Manos. I'd just been baffled that so many people have been praising MoM, for instance, when its massive flaws have been pretty obvious to me. It's much like how I felt when The Phantom Menace came out and so many people were just so excited to have new Star Wars that I was left amazed that they couldn't see how terribly done the film had been. Then came Mr. Plinkett to critique the film in a humorous way and people were suddenly "Ahh, I see now what's so wrong with this". It's really helpful to have someone put into words what you may not be able to in a coherent manner, I figured there were probably others who would enjoy it.
    I think the issue with the last few movies is that there has kind of been a lack of focus. like it's clear what the MCU's end goal is for Phase 4 or 5 (multiverse/Kang), but right now it just seems like there are lots of loose ends. I guess this is coming after the much more focused Phase 3 which wrapped up what was essentially a 3 phase arc so it could just be that.

currently we have the 10 rings signal mystery, the ending of the Eternals with the Celestial appearing in the sky, how the Black Knight will feature in the MCU, what will the gods do now they're becoming more wrathful, all the multiverse shenanigans with Dr Strange/Loki and the latest Captain Marvel stuff. Not to mention there is a massive question mark over Black Panther 2 without the powerhouse that is Chadwick Boseman.

Ant-Man 3 should answer a lot of those questions, and The Marvels even more so yeah here's hoping
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-07-19 at 05:38 AM.

I dont wanna watch the videos just in case they're grifty man children crying about wokeness again. Too many of those people creep on my timeline on youtube. I mean I dislike phase 4 right now, like a lot, I think MCU has jumped the shark in many ways, but my reasoning for disliking never falls in line with those who openly make 30 videos crying about it. As I said I do not know this guy, maybe he has neat points with good arguments, but I can never take that risk on youtube these days.

There is that one youtuber who keeps on making videos on Rings of Power and I cannot for the love of me get rid of his videos even after blocking him. so I tend to avoid reviews with titles like '...is trash' '...sucks' or '...is a slap in the face to real fans'' Those sort of titles tend to usually lead to the videos I openly try to avoid.
    I feel like the real big problem actually started with End game and phase 4 is now suffering from it.

Time travel. And now the Multi verse.

Theres just no stakes in these movies anymore. Nothing feels finite or anything has any consequences.

No one can die when anyone can come back from the dead because its timeline blah blah blah version and he/she is the exact same except they lost their memories! So you can do the ross and rachel thing again, yay!