Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I do worry for the future though, if Sony ever gets back on it's feet. It seems they still have the rights to make films with Spiderman related characters, hence the continued talk about the S6. Now that isn't an issue at the moment - we can trust that Sony is in such disarray that it won't get made. But suppose Sony recovers from this position, perhaps even partially as a result of this deal. Wouldn't that then allow a slew of Sony films to invade the MCU? With nothing Marvel could do about it. It surprises me that Marvel didn't cover that base.
    i very much doubt they can just make whatever they want and have it be canon to the mcu without marvel giving it the okay first.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i very much doubt they can just make whatever they want and have it be canon to the mcu without marvel giving it the okay first.
    I suppose any Sinister 6 movie would be non-canon to the MCU. But then that creates issues of it's own, i.e the Quicksilver issue only now with well known major characters like Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus.

I suppose any Sinister 6 movie would be non-canon to the MCU. But then that creates issues of it's own, i.e the Quicksilver issue only now with well known major characters like Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus.
    it doesnt necessarily have to be off on its own thing, they'll probably just have to get a script marvel approves of first before making it.

- - - Updated - - -

they did remove sinisters six release date and are completely relooking at it, so even if they do end up going ahead with it, its too early to say marvel wont be involved

- - - Updated - - -

tbh though i doubt they'll even make it. its probably just posturing by sony.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    it doesnt necessarily have to be off on its own thing, they'll probably just have to get a script marvel approves of first before making it.

- - - Updated - - -

they did remove sinisters six release date and are completely relooking at it, so even if they do end up going ahead with it, its too early to say marvel wont be involved

- - - Updated - - -

tbh though i doubt they'll even make it. its probably just posturing by sony.
    I agree at the moment. But it's worrying what might happen if Sony gets too much power back. Hopefully we can trust that Marvel have covered their bases here.

I would be very surprised if Sony releases any Spider-man movies that aren't canon to the MCU unless they want to back out of the deal completely.

Last report I've heard is that while Sinister 6 no longer has a set release date, that's only because they are going to need a fair amount of time to rework it into the MCU and the rebooted Spider-man. This could partly be a show of confidence on Sony's part, that they still have some practical influence over the direction of the Spider-man franchise and not just theoretical veto power. It could also be a case where Kevin Feige had a look at the Sinister Six script, thought it was a massive improvement over ASM2, and decided it would be a shame to throw the baby out with the bathwater and encouraged Sony to keep the project alive.

Basically, I would be surprised if "Spider-man: The Sinister Six" isn't on the Phase 4 slate somewhere.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I would be very surprised if Sony releases any Spider-man movies that aren't canon to the MCU unless they want to back out of the deal completely.

Last report I've heard is that while Sinister 6 no longer has a set release date, that's only because they are going to need a fair amount of time to rework it into the MCU and the rebooted Spider-man. This could partly be a show of confidence on Sony's part, that they still have some practical influence over the direction of the Spider-man franchise and not just theoretical veto power. It could also be a case where Kevin Feige had a look at the Sinister Six script, thought it was a massive improvement over ASM2, and decided it would be a shame to throw the baby out with the bathwater and encouraged Sony to keep the project alive.

Basically, I would be surprised if "Spider-man: The Sinister Six" isn't on the Phase 4 slate somewhere.
    Maybe I just don't like the idea because it steps on my Thunderbolts idea. But I think that's valid. If they are going to do a villain centred film, I would want it to be treated like a villainous version of the Avengers - built up across phase 4, with most of the cast appearing as villains in previous phase 4 films. And then it caps off the Phase just like the Avengers usually would. I wouldn't want the S6 just thrown in there randomly, and I wouldn't really want a villain centred ensemble film where all the villains are just from Spiderman's Rogue's gallery. That said, if Marvel is involved creatively then I would have a lot more faith in it, regardless of those complaints.

feige and marvel like to plan ahead id be surprised if the deal wasnt atleast for 3 or more movies, if not indefinite.

from what i know of the deal they were trying to work out before they announced it the deal would last unless a spider-man movie was cancelled or wasnt released on time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Please let Stan Lee have a cameo as JJJ :P
    JJJ is far to big of a character for Stan lee to Cameo as.

Maybe I just don't like the idea because it steps on my Thunderbolts idea. But I think that's valid. If they are going to do a villain centred film, I would want it to be treated like a villainous version of the Avengers - built up across phase 4, with most of the cast appearing as villains in previous phase 4 films. And then it caps off the Phase just like the Avengers usually would. I wouldn't want the S6 just thrown in there randomly, and I wouldn't really want a villain centred ensemble film where all the villains are just from Spiderman's Rogue's gallery. That said, if Marvel is involved creatively then I would have a lot more faith in it, regardless of those complaints.

id love to see a dark avengers movie, since war machine is likely to die in age of ultron they could have norman take the iron patriot armor.

i think they could also reuse alot of dr doom plots and events and rework them for norman.

they could even skip him being the green goblin all together and just have him be iron patriot

Deleted
    Just bring back JK Simmons. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    JJJ is far to big of a character for Stan lee to Cameo as.
    not to mention, theres already a perfect actor for the part, he even recently before the deal was made official that he had talked to some people about maybe reprising the part in a movie

Deleted
    id love to see a dark avengers movie, since war machine is likely to die in age of ultron they could have norman take the iron patriot armor.

i think they could also reuse alot of dr doom plots and events and rework them for norman.

they could even skip him being the green goblin all together and just have him be iron patriot
    If we're going to hypothesise really far into the future I'd like to see Phase 4 do Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers, with the villains and anti-heroes saving the day after the Avengers get defeated by whatever villain they're fighting. Then Phase 5 is based on Dark Reign, with Osborn and his cronies getting a lot of power due to the good publicity they got from saving the day.

i bet if they did iron patriot instead of green goblin non comic book readers would lose their shit.

everyone would be expecting him to become green goblin and instead he becomes like totally evil iron man

AND THEN @_@ after the iron patriot stuff has run its course, they can have an accident happen while the avengers are about to defeat him and distance themselves even further from the sony films by turning him into the ultimate green goblin

Deleted
    It'd be a tough sell, not having Green Goblin until like Phase 5 or 6. It'd be cool, but sometimes it's not wrong to play it safe. So some fancrafting time for a initial Spiderman trilogy and it's connections to the MCU:

>Age of Ultron - Spiderman appears briefly in a post-credits sequence. Some criminals are all webbed up, and then Spidey swings by, cut to black.

>Civil War - No major role for Spidey - it doesn't make sense for him to be a government allied super right out the gate, so his comic book role couldn't really happen even if there was time to write him in. Instead we introduce him through news reports and character dialogue. And then when Stark is rounding up unregistered Supers he confronts Spiderman and they have a fight. Spidey manages to escape.

> Spectacular Spiderman (2017): His MCU solo debut. The film would star Kraven the Hunter as the villain, hired by Stark to hunt down unregistered supers. Kraven forms a particular vendetta against Spiderman of course. The film would take Peter back to High School. It would develop his friendship with Harry Osborn, and briefly a romance between him and Betty Brant. No Gwen Stacy. A composite character of Eddie Brock/Flash Thompson would be introduced as well. If other MCU characters must exist, I'd like it to be Ant-man and Black Widow. They're both going to be in prison together. The finale could be Spidey breaking out some imprisoned supers from SHIELD custody.

> Spectacular Spiderman 2 (2019): Kicking off Phase 4, this film would have Green Goblin as the main villain and set up a Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers movie. So some involvement from General Ross as well. Black Cat would be introduced in this film as a love interest for Spidey. No origin story is needed for her, have her as an established foe of Spiderman - as New York's greatest Cat burglar - but because she's not truly evil they've got sort of a friendly rivalry, and he enlists her help to break into Oscorp or whatever. Peter's relatonship with Harry would need to be further developed. Meanwhile Flash/Eddie gets a security job at Oscorp. That'll be important.

> Spectacular Spiderman 3 (2022): Still in Phase 4, this film could have Dr. Octopus as the villain. But Peter's true nemesis would be himself, as the venom symbiote attaches to him and he succumbs to his dark side. This film would be what AoU is looking to be to the Avengers - not too gritty, but definitely much darker. This film would introduce Miles Morales (without Superpowers for now), and it will eventually be Miles' optimism and idealism which brings Peter back from the brink. The post-credits scene would reveal Oscorp getting their hands on the symbiote, with Flash/Eddie being injected to create Venom.

> The future: Thunderbolts would cap off Phase 4 with both Goblin and Venom starring. Venom could get his own franchise. Miles Morales would take over as Spiderman when the actor playing Peter fulfils his contract.

*To further elaborate on my idea for the third film. I was doing some thinking and I initially came to the conclusion that any film with Venom requires two villains: Venom/Brock himself, and earlier and villain for Peter to fight while he's the one wearing the Venom suit. But that risks falling into the trap of SM3, so I thought that splitting that arc would be good. Have Peter's struggle with his dark side against Dr.Oc, and then in Thunderbolts and the Venom films have Brock take up the mantle of Venom.

Deleted
    The film would take Peter back to High School. It would develop his friendship with Harry Osborn, and briefly a romance between him and Betty Brant. No Gwen Stacy. A composite character of Eddie Brock/Flash Thompson would be introduced as well. If other MCU characters must exist, I'd like it to be Ant-man and Black Widow. They're both going to be in prison together. The finale could be Spidey breaking out some imprisoned supers from SHIELD custody.
    you had me until the part I quoted above,
    There are 5 movies, 2 of which are reboots, 2 of which deal with in some part Green Goblin, one of which deal with Brock / Venom. most all of them deal with his feeling for Gwen / MJ. It really is time to put a nail in rebooting spiderman. He has had enough screen presence in the close to decade and a half on the big screen for people to know his back story. There are plenty of villains in the Marvel universe for him to go up against. without having to go over the same old villains again.

i really think spidey should wear the symbiote suit for multiple movies. 2 at the least, 3 preferably.

1 movie just isnt enough to serve justice to the suit and peters transformation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    you had me until the part I quoted above,
    There are 5 movies, 2 of which are reboots, 2 of which deal with in some part Green Goblin, one of which deal with Brock / Venom. most all of them deal with his feeling for Gwen / MJ. It really is time to put a nail in rebooting spiderman. He has had enough screen presence in the close to decade and a half on the big screen for people to know his back story. There are plenty of villains in the Marvel universe for him to go up against. without having to go over the same old villains again.
    It's one thing to skip the origin story. We can all get behind that. But there's simply no way that we're not getting Green Goblin and Venom. This is a reboot at the end of the day. Marvel will not want any implications that the ASM movies can be taken as backstory. We'll certainly be getting Green Goblin and Venom, and to be honest I see no reason why 10 minutes of Venom we saw a decade ago means we can't bring him back on screen properly. Spidey's conflicts with Goblin, Venom, Octopus - that's not set in stone backstory. Different stories could be told with those same villains. You just need to mix it up with different villains occasionally. Like Kraven for example, and if need's be my proposal for the third film doesn't require Octopus. It could be Vulture or whatever. But I'd like to see another take on Oc.

- - - Updated - - -

i really think spidey should wear the symbiote suit for multiple movies. 2 at the least, 3 preferably.

1 movie just isnt enough to serve justice to the suit and peters transformation.
    I don't think there's enough time for that. I mean they've got years of movies but you don't want to spend too long setting each plot point up. Ultimately Spiderman wearing the symbiote suit is just a segue into introducing Venom imo. Albeit one with some character development. I think it can be done in one film. We don't need two or three films of angsty Peter.

I think they should just avoid Venom and the symbiote suit.

Plenty of other stories to tell like The Other story.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_The_Other

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    There's no way they're not doing Venom. And honestly there's not much of an argument for his exclusion. By the time Spidey's solo movie comes out it'll have been a decade since we last saw Venom on screen. And if he isn't introduced until a few movies down the line it will be closer to twenty.

There's no way they're not doing Venom. And honestly there's not much of an argument for his exclusion. By the time Spidey's solo movie comes out it'll have been a decade since we last saw Venom on screen. And if he isn't introduced until a few movies down the line it will be closer to twenty.
    Personally it just cant be done right, to much set up.

Its been done , time to tell a new story from Spidermans backlog.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?