Thread: Alt Concern

Alt Concern

Allow me to start this with saying I have only ever played a rogue. For at least 8 years only one character. I love playing a rogue but am thinking of playing a shaman. My concern is I have become so used to the rogue play style and little perks that it will hinder me from effectively playing other classes. I am used to my stealth and vanish and being able to go wherever I want no problem. For PvE and PvP. Also I am worried about having to redo achievements. I know they are account wide and all but I am one of those where I want to achieve it legitimately on my new character.
    Also I have tried alts before, but when I have an alt I tend to ignore my main almost completely.

If anyone has any advice or experience with similar situations feel free to post.
    Last edited by Apolyc; 2014-03-12 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having played both, the ONLY one that let me still feel like a rogue was a Night Elf Feral Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you level the shaman yourself you should have no problem at all. Just don't boost him. It takes away the learning process.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    If you level the shaman yourself you should have no problem at all. Just don't boost him. It takes away the learning process.
    With the exception of my Paladin, Warrior, and Warlock, all that were leveld during Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK, every other alt I have leveled I have not really learned how to play until level cap. Dungeons and mobs go by too fast since Heirlooms to even get into any kind of rotation.

If this was 2006 I would easily say don't boost. However with the boost they give you the 6 main abilities you should be using 1-6 set up on your action bar to start off with. You will be dropped off at TI with a decent set of gear, not too powerful where you can easily kill the mobs. You will be able to work out a rotation on the elites there while getting gear to hit LFR/flex if you choose. By the time you have enough gear to hit SoO you should know enough about your new class, especially if you do any reading on help sites.

Leveling does not teach you anything like it used to. The one thing i do like is that it give you spells/abilities in a decent order to help you set up a rotation, however you never get to practice it well without using target dummies.