Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    Why isn't it going to be fun though? Other than using flying for gathering (which will be the toughest thing to do), you can easily hop on over to a flight path to get where you need to go. It isn't going to change much.
    Oh yeah. It totally enhances your experience having to niggle your way from one battle trainer to the next on the ground when all you wanna do is to complete your usual routine and do some battles. Just a minor example out of the virtually COUNTLESS.

I don't wanna fucking take the taxi to the temple of the jade forest, walk up to the trainer, then run back to the temple, take the taxi to Tian monastery or whatever, ride my ground mount for a few minutes all the way to Nitun, then backtrack to the Monastery, take the taxi to some other stupid waypoint and take another sprawling stroll to the next guy and so on and on and on, because the whole pointless and time-consuming paper chase contains no gameplay at all when all I wanna do is beat up the pet battle guys. Is that supposed to be this whole new dimension of compelling gameplay experience we'll be gaining through the blessing of no-flying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    People overdose on nostalgia and don't realise that WoW's community has changed.

Do you honestly think in world pvp people will be bothered to chase after each other ? I bet once you run a few feet away they'll give up and go back to whatever they where doing before. And what about those of us on PvE servers ? I have a massive collection of 215 mounts and now most of my collection is being blocked from me because some nutjob at blizzard thought it'd be a good idea to remove one of the best things to ever grace this game, I hate PvP (Hence why I'm on a PvE server) and to be honest I don't think i'll bother leaving the capitol city for a while once this expansion goes live, especially with the ever present threat of being 'dazed' every few seconds.

I'll just do LFR once a week and complain on the forums to make blizzard remove the restriction on flying, then when it's finally removed I might bother going out into the daze-free world. Until then it'll be warlock summons and LFG for me.

and I agree that when they gave us flying mounts that wasnt how it was used 24/7, but now I feel as if it takes more away from the game
    Sure, which is bad game / level design on Blizzard's part. There was a point at which flying was about increased exploration capacity. Now it's about ignoring things. It's like they forgot why flying was introduced in the first place when they had to put it into places it initially didn't belong during the Cata revamp and, in the process, completely lost concept of the advantages that flight can have in their zone development arsenal.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

It wasn't fun for me riding all the way to Ordos for the 1243453 time, it wasn't fun for me trying to get to a rare in IOT, Timeless island and have it dying a second before you could tag it etc etc.

I don't know if people have their View distance all the way down but when i'm flying i can see all the terrain below me, there is no real reason to remove flying in Draenor other than to keep you playing for longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    It may be a wild guess but perhaps the no flying restriction is due to technical reasons related to the garrisons.
    Wow ok. No, it's not that. Really? That's a wild guess? Blimey..

Depends on what the game model would be.

If we are forced to run outside killing rares (like TI fashion), then it will be terrible.
    If we can stick to dungeons and raiding, doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think flying has been an overall negative on the game. I admire them taking a chance on this. We'll see how it works out.
    Agreed.

All those that need to flap your wings, and play a game the real WOW players don't actually play: you can still fly in Draenor - go to outlands and you can flap around to your little heart's content.

Im fine with occasional no flying time at the start of an expansion or placed like timeless isle or isle of thunder, but its been in the game too long to remove it imo. What about all our flying mounts? Most of them dont have a ground animation so they are not pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do we need another topic on this?

You've got a lot of hypotheticals riding on that "could".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Agreed.

All those that need to flap your wings, and play a game the real WOW players don't actually play: you can still fly in Draenor - go to outlands and you can flap around to your little heart's content.
    Why so insecure?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with no flying as long as there is portals everywhere. I hate taking flightpaths and finding my way around huge mountains ranges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    I'm fine with no flying as long as there is portals everywhere. I hate taking flightpaths and finding my way around huge mountains ranges.
    Emphasis mine. Games like GW2 don't need flying, or heck even mounts because it's REALLY easy to get ANYWHERE in the game, whenever you want. WoW has typically had far too few flightpoints that often lead to entirely the wrong areas. Sure, they're working on fixing this, and MoP was an improvement, but not that much.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't have flying for years and then just remove it. Sure they should never have added it but it is far far to late to remove it. It should stay and be able to be used at ANY level.
    Aye mate

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antbregante View Post
    So you hate the rpg part of the mmorpg?

I see no flying for a whole expansion in WOD as a way for them to slack on the top of huge mountain textures and roofs like they did in vanilla. I remember one of the main reasons they held off on flying in azeroth in BC and WOTLK was because of this. If i remember right a dev said had flying in azeroth been allowed in BC and WOTLK you would see a lot of mountains and roofs with really bad models or untextured so they fixed the zones in cata and then released flying in azeroth.

Deleted
    Wow ok. No, it's not that. Really? That's a wild guess? Blimey..
    And how would you know ? It took years after TBC to implement flying in the old Azeroth (it didn't come in one patch) so I don't think it's that easy to do on a technical standpoint. Plus we don't currently exactly know how garrisons will work (will they be merely phased like the MoP farms ? we don't really know yet).

The devs saying first that flying would come in the first patch then saying that they don't know for sure makes me think that there is some sort of technical issues related to flying in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I see no flying for a whole expansion in WOD as a way for them to slack on the top of huge mountain textures and roofs like they did in vanilla. I remember one of the main reasons they held off on flying in azeroth in BC and WOTLK was because of this. If i remember right a dev said had flying in azeroth been allowed in BC and WOTLK you would see a lot of mountains and roofs with really bad models or untextured so they fixed the zones in cata and then released flying in azeroth.
    Pretty much this, just an excuse for blizzard to slack off on the textures, just watch, people will hate it and they'll still insist it was 'Received well' and won't bother adding flying for the rest of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonstone007 View Post
    So background first, I've been playing since early bc, went through the pain of having a 60% speed mount and getting pwnd at level 70 by people with 100% speed mounts, I personally am happy to play the game like how azeroth used to be, while yes, flying makes life easier and I don't have to take the fp everywhere go afk while flying and come back to a dead me at the foot of the flight master ( although id rather that than going afk while auto flying and coming back to a dead me out in the middle of the ocean and being sent to westfall graveyard) I believe no flying mounts will give players a more exciting experience, i remember chasing people though STV and tbh finding some really cool places while i chased them or running through ashenvale for my and winding my way though trees to lose them. My point is yes flying mounts are cool (very cool) but all in all take away a lot from the experience of the game. I could also just be remembering a time as something greater than what it was.( like how i complain that LFG has destroyed server communities, I mean I'd MUCH rather spend 2 hours spamming trade for a heroic dungeon >_> *sarcasm*) anyone else think that no flying mounts could bring something BACK to the game that was lost?
    I really don't see the point in how no flying mount will bring back "exploration" or "community". Last night, my brother and my best friend decided to explore pandaria looking for "houses" to live in (those kind of abandoned towers or houses perched on mountains across jadeforest or krasarang) that we could use as our in character role play houses. Upon doing this, we took to our flying mounts and discovered things we missed while having our faces stuck to the ground and focused on the terrain texture on leveling.

We found this strange sight of two skeletons playing a chinese board game in Jade forest, we found Sam Wise the Metal Brewmaster at the Shrine of Fellowship. In Kun-lai we ventured on the north coast finding a Kaluak named Wally with a hozen carpenter. Further along the coast, we found a hovel with a hozen drum master beating against a menagerie of drums.

We found much more in Pandaria exploring on a flying mount of shear boredom than we could ever find on the ground. We went out and attacked one of the whale shark esque creatures (their name defies me). When we attacked it, and to our glee, the bedamned creatures model was much larger than it's skeleton and when it attempted to increase altitude to reach us, it went straight up in a vertical 90 degree incline with 3/4's of it's body out of the water. It was hilarious and probably one of the best times I've had in this game.

Removing flight, all it will do is an artificial gating mechanism to make content last longer out of the gate so Blizzard can better produce content. The excuses they use are idiotic when they should use the real reason. Or they should make content faster, with a 40% larger development team.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2014-03-13 at 10:58 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

First of all, i gotta admit, i started playing in late wrath so flying was always there for me.

i think no flying until 6.1 is long enough tho, cuz for me as a pure PvE-player, i hate being attacked by anyone who walks by. I've always hated pvp and will stick to pve only, so flying does help a lot! Heck, i even hated those censer ppl on TI attacking you! I wanted so bad, that censer ppl could only attack other censer ppl.

i mean, there's always possibilities to kill someone, even if he's on a flying mount. Priests for example, they fly over their target, drop their mount, levitate and pwn it with instant spells.
    Or when you're on the ground, hunting some mobs, and a player of the other faction tries to kill you, you may escape, start channeling your mount, and BAM: interrupted. now, try to escape again, without your movement speed skill/talent ready.

So, i'm okay with no flying till 6.1 but everything further is just ridiculously bad for pve'ers cuz there'd be no other chance for them but staying in the main cities for being safe.
    Last edited by ceall; 2014-03-13 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Negative. No flying isn't going to be fun. I don't know what they're thinking.
    Not with that attitude. Start the game with neutral thinking it could be good.