Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Wow EU - I need help choosing a new realm.

Hello, as the new cross-realm heirloom system has been released I am considering starting a new character on another realm, but that is where I need help. I enjoy both PVP and PVE equally, and I dont mind a little bit of RP. A balanced 50/50 (or as close as you can get) Horde/Alliance ratio would be nice. A realm with a good population, but no queue times is also what im looking for.

Does anyone have an suggestions for a realm?
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by mmocc34f51e191; 2014-01-05 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    I play on Ragnaros-EU and that seems pretty even in terms of balance of factions. It also has a very high population unlike my old realm which was dead. The only problem is the realm is a little too full and often has 30 minute wait at times.

Deleted
    Thanks Johnlongtusk i have looked into Ragnaros-EU but i'd prefer a realm with no queue time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a guild that suits you, move there and adapt. I'm afraid even the most promising realms, statistically speaking, are a great disappointment these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion (PvP) - Pretty much 1:1 ratio. 100k pop
    Magetheridon (PvE) - also 1:1 kinda.. and 100k pop.
    Ragnaros (PvP) - Slight favor of Horde 0,7:1 , and 150k+ pop
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Deleted
    Thanks for the suggestions Poysonivy, but I have 1 question,

Does Magetheridon only have PVE? or both PVE and PVP?, and the same with Burning Legion, does it only have PVP? Or both PVP and PVE?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglextrix View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions Poysonivy, but I have 1 question,

Does Magetheridon only have PVE? or both PVE and PVP?, and the same with Burning Legion, does it only have PVP? Or both PVP and PVE?
    Those are realm types. Unless you toggle PvP on Magetheridon there is no world PvP.

Regarding the Battlegrounds and Arena's I dont have an answer really.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

A realm with a good population, but no queue times is also what im looking for.
    Unfortunately, even though Ragnaros has been recommended, it has queues now almost always in the afternoon which can peak at 700 people. Just take that into consideration.

Edit: I see someone already said this.

You can also use realmpop to see population ratios and stuff, it'll be really handy for you imo.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2014-01-05 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Does anyone know anything about 'Defias Brotherhood - EU' ?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know anything about 'Defias Brotherhood - EU' ?
    I was just about to suggest it, Amazing realm, Great guilds, Lots of W-PvP, and W-PvP guilds, and some really good PvE guilds, Never have queue times, great economy, and the Horde/Ally balance is great too, Oh, and I play there, So Ofcourse it's great^^

10+ Year Old Account
    EU ~ Outland. u don't need any other Realm's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Using wow.realmpop findign rp servers that are english this is the result i got.

Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    That chart must be off. I play on Earthen Ring and no way that chart is recent, with 25,3k alliance and 19k horde.

Defias is told to be pretty good, Tarren Mill/Twisting Nether/Ragnaros are told to be pretty decent realms too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    That chart must be off. I play on Earthen Ring and no way that chart is recent, with 25,3k alliance and 19k horde.

Defias is told to be pretty good, Tarren Mill/Twisting Nether/Ragnaros are told to be pretty decent realms too.
    That I do not know but it is updated within a week cause one of my newer chars is on there I created a week and a half ago.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Hello, can some tell me if Ragnaros EU will be still a good choice for a new (or maybe someone who is comming back after a long time)?
    Thank you.

Deleted
    Ravencrest EU is a decent server.

Deleted
    Would be great to read any arguments about it.
    edit. I just googled about factions ratio on this server and it is terrible...

Deleted
    Defias Brotherhood, I think its great realm. Yes, it's RP, but if you leave them alone, they wont bother you much. There is some great players here, some fun world pvp, some decent raiding guilds, some pugging. I have played in Frostmane previously and I like it much better here in Defias.

And I play mainly hordeside

Deleted
    Well RP is definietly not for me, I must admit!

Auchendioun is decent high pop realm, but also merged now I belive, so hords exsist. Before it was like 80% alliance.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO