Are there any plans to reitroduce diminishing returns?

I've never really been a fan of WoWs PvP and always found it boring and uninspired. But I recently came back to WoW and have been trying PvP again and the amount of CC is completely out of control. I just got out of a 2s game vs warlock/shaman and here is how it went.

8 second hex
    8 second fear
    5 second stun
    5 second fear
    5 second root
    3 second stun
    8 second fear
    5 second silence
    8 second hex

That is almost a full minute of CC. That is not skill, that is not good PvP, that is retardedly broken and not conducive to a good PvP game.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are drastically reducing amount of cc in pvp in WoD, I believe.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    That is not skill, that is not good PvP, that is retardedly broken and not conducive to a good PvP game.
    Newsflash; WoW has the worst PvP of all MMOs.

And it won't change for WoD - if you think it is, just remember that Blizzard gave exactly the same "Panda will be a PvP expansion" -rhetoric before it came out. Like most of what they say, it turned out to be nothing but lies.

Deleted
    MoP was a gigantic flop when it comes to PvP. Let's introduce PvP Power to make PvP gear more important in PvP. Oh no wait, let's make PvP Power completely useless in the middle of the expansion. Let's make PvE gear absolutely dominate PvP in world PvP. Let's make PvP gear even more useless by giving everyone 77% base resilience. Also, you'll need a ton of PvP Power and PvP Resilience for it to actually make a difference now! No wait, let's also increase Battle Fatigue, because in for a penny, in for a pound, m i rite?

Base resilience and base PvP Power should be 0. Health pools should go up. Healing should go down. PvP Power and resilience should only be increased by PvP gear, like it friggin was when PvP gear was first introduced. THAT'S how it should be.

Also, yes, I know this thread is about cc. I just wanted to rant a bit. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Having less CC, less stuns, less burst damage/healing is going to slow the game down so much that a WoD glad is going to be like the equivalent of a MoP Rival. Casters having to cast, healers mainly just means everything is going to end up being mostly mashing a pve rotation on people. No more cool down stacking means more options for scrubs to make mistakes defensively. Classes are basically going to feel and be a neutered version of what they once were. They'll have less responsibilities, which means classes that generally have a higher skill cap will be affected.

Healers are going to be nerfed and have less responsibilities. They won't be able to carry as much weight as they did before. It's going to be a completely different game that most of you who claim to like the changes have no idea how much you're going to hate them.

I think I'm one of the few people out here will come out and say that I enjoy the bursty over the top damage, chain stun into 100 CC's while the defense to it is layers of defensive cool downs and retarded healing power. It adds a fast pace to the game, which I like. I like the fact that every class has a million ways to heal, stun deal retarded damage. Everyone is like a superhero with no weaknesses.

It's going back to the dull BC model where this class can only do this and the other one can only do that. It's going to end up making some classes completely overshadowed by others.
    Last edited by Rorke; 2014-03-17 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

And it won't change for WoD - if you think it is, just remember that Blizzard gave exactly the same "Panda will be a PvP expansion" -rhetoric before it came out. Like most of what they say, it turned out to be nothing but lies.
    They DID help to bring back world PvP to a decent extent, and at the time, they thought that lots of CC was a good idea (it has turned out not to be so).

Anyway, DR is still in the game, and in WoD, they are both streamlining the number of DRs (I think there will be only, 6 categories now?), and greatly reducing the number of CCs out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what they claimed, in WoD the CC diminishing return categories will be:

Snares (unknown if will actually diminish)
    Roots
    Silences
    Stuns
    Warrior Charge Stuns
    Everything Else

They also claimed they would be reducing the number of CCs available (specifically mentioning Mages, Warlocks, Shamans) significantly.

pvp is unplayable without pvp power now.

so i simply don't pvp, sure you've always needed gear, but without pvp power it feels like you deal 1/15th of your normal damage, which is a bag of shit.

4000 BG's i played wotlk-> cata. mop around 250. mop failed hard and is a sack of shit for pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    They also claimed they would be reducing the number of CCs available (specifically mentioning Mages, Warlocks, Shamans) significantly.
    sorry? remove shaman CC, hex, capacitor...if i manage to get it in that tiny tiny area which is probably the hardest CC to pull off in the damn game.

then a root if we talent for it, i don't currently pvp, if i lost any of those, i will continue to not pvp.

WoW must be the only MMO you've ever played if you believe the shit you post. It certainly isn't the best but there are many others that are much worse.

I've never really been a fan of WoWs PvP and always found it boring and uninspired. But I recently came back to WoW and have been trying PvP again and the amount of CC is completely out of control. I just got out of a 2s game vs warlock/shaman and here is how it went.

8 second hex
    8 second fear
    5 second stun
    5 second fear
    5 second root
    3 second stun
    8 second fear
    5 second silence
    8 second hex

That is almost a full minute of CC. That is not skill, that is not good PvP, that is retardedly broken and not conducive to a good PvP game.
    The skill is getting all the CC off. Apparently you were playing by yourself, so that's probably your problem. You should really do 2s with a second person so that they can help you, because there's literally no way two people could get that much CC off playing against competent players.

There's quite a lot of CC right now, but almost everything you put there has a cast time and is avoidable. The fact that none of it was interrupted or stopped really isn't the games fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    and at the time, they thought that lots of CC was a good idea (it has turned out not to be so).
    After years and years of everyone saying cc is completely out of hand they "thought" it would be a good idea?

Are you serious with this stuff? How much does Blizzard have to screw up before people on these forums stop defending their completely inept, moronic and amateurish decisions?

10+ Year Old Account

I think you misunderstood when they said PVP expansion.

After years and years of everyone saying cc is completely out of hand they "thought" it would be a good idea?

Are you serious with this stuff? How much does Blizzard have to screw up before people on these forums stop defending their completely inept, moronic and amateurish decisions?
    Not alot but the way you are communicating certainly isn't going to get Blizzard to listen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not alot but the way you are communicating certainly isn't going to get Blizzard to listen.
    Like they have in the past when people have been voicing their opinions in a 'constructive' manner?

It's like trying to appeal to the North Korean government.

8 second hex
    8 second fear
    5 second stun
    5 second fear
    5 second root
    3 second stun
    8 second fear
    5 second silence
    8 second hex

A whole bunch of exaggeration. to start with ccs go from 8 to 4 seconds not 5. A 5 sec stun against that comp implies you got hit with a cap totem, which is completely avoidable for you or your teammate to kill or move out of. A root is only cc against melee technically although it has positional uses against ranged. Assuming you are a melee, every single melee besides rogue and dk has a rootbreak on a low (or no) cooldown. Im assuming you arent a warrior or dk though since you complain about fears. You then complain about a silence so I am really not sure what you are now (by the way sham/lock doesnt have a 5 sec silence unless you get locked out from an interrupt). You also don't seem to have decurser, tremors, freedoms, dispels, shapeshift, or anything on your team so my only guess is that you are playing double dk?

Ya cc is very high, and you also are playing against lock/sham which is the most scumbag comp possible in 2s. They cc you forever and still dont kill anything. That being said, proper awareness and positioning can prevent most cc on yourself and proper play with your teammates can prevent a lot as well, particularly understanding what the next step in the "chain" is going to be. You get hexed, the lock is moving toward you, teammate should be thinking "hey let me stun the lock so he won't get the howl off". That sort of thing. The skill is getting the chains and preventing them. Against skilled players getting any sort of cc chain going is very difficult since teammates know how to stop it. I am not defending the incredibly high amount of cc out there, but it is definitely still a high skill game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    They are drastically reducing amount of cc in pvp in WoD, I believe.
    Yep in WoD, december lol!

Until then arenas will be like last 2 season just total crap all about lolburst and lol instant cc, with the same 1-2 classes in every combo.

for one, mmo pvp is generally bad, but wow is hardly the worse, and they have NEVER said it will be a pvp expansion, the actual comment "It will be a horde vs alliance (ie story) expansion" is often twisted.

OP: dr's work just fine in wow atm, the problem is there as so many sub categories like horror, "random" root or paralytic stun that are on its own dr.

What this guy said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the worst player experience ever! If its not cc its super OP classes. If its not cc its healers that take 5 dps to kill 5 min to do it. Then if you just want to win a few bgs GOOD LUCK!... The Q system continuously pits pugs vs partial pre-mades. No gear players vs, geared players. A team with healers vs a team with no healers. The Q system PURPOSELY does this... In my experience. I am going to join the 27million + players that have quit the game... talk about pissing players off.