Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Which US PVE Server is best to go to?

First, I apologize if this post is in the wrong section.

So essentially, with the arrival of WoD and updated models of pretty much every race except goblin/worgen/pandaren, I have been thinking of getting back in world of warcraft and having a solid start as I sold my wow account a long time ago. I have been playing on my friends warrior for the past 2 months and have found MoP to be very enjoyable so I am sure WoD will be even better. Due to all of this, I have been thinking of buying another account, since it costs $30 now to buy the whole collection.

However, with all beginnings, there is always a choice to be made. Back then when I started wow at 2008, I was always horde. This time I want to go alliance and try a gnome (they are cute). However, the server has been bugging me for a long time. My friends server was Area 52 and had the highest queues that always tired me out. Due to this, I want to go to a server with a solid PVE progression for alliance or horde (if I ever decide otherwise), solid economy, EST, solid population where its good but with no queues, and solid community. At the moment, I am considering Turalyon US but have been hesitant.

Since most of yall are still avid wow players, I wanted to ask. Thoughts?

PS. I don't really care for PVE/PVP server.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2014-03-10 at 01:08 AM.

Hmm I am in Zul'Jin US and came from Area 52 so I guess I care share. I left Area 52 US because it was a huge server filled with queue times and some players that left me a bad taste in my mouth. Sure, there were numerous progression guilds but the queue is just not worth the price. There were times when I Dcd at 8pm and found myself in a queue for an hour, all because i randomly dcd while questing...

I would suggest you find a server that has no queue but a solid progression. Hmm, just looking at wowprogress, Mannoroth US seems like what you want or otherwise find a server and tolerate that it isn't EST.

Deleted
    i'm EU so I can't really give any advice of specific servers, however what I do when I want to find a new server is simply hop on wowprogress.com, check how many active PvE guilds there are for said server and what the general progression is like, then I create a character on said server and try to log on during prime-times (Tuesday evenings I suppose for US) and see if there's no/low queues.
    Not much for advice, hopefully it's somewhat helpful

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal US ~ Horde side is populated without being over crowded. there is always people around, pugs, and a decent economy.

oh but it is PST. sorry didnt see that requirement of yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Thrall fits your criteria if you ask me (http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/thrall) so long as you're willing to play Horde. Just last year around this time it was a pretty dead server but ever since the 50% off transfers happened last year, this server has just been getting better.

Disclaimer though: There are no queues on this server. That said, I would not be too surprised if we end up having queue times in WoD. This server is honestly just getting bigger and better. Just 2 weeks ago we had a 12/14H 25 man transfer over along with a 3rd 10 man on this server downing H-Garrosh.

I guess if there's one bad thing about the server is that there are server trolls, but I'd imagine that's true of any server.
    Last edited by wombats23; 2014-03-10 at 04:05 AM.

Proudmoore is populated, has no queue times, and most people are nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    Thrall fits your criteria if you ask me (http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/thrall) so long as you're willing to play Horde. Just last year around this time it was a pretty dead server but ever since the 50% off transfers happened last year, this server has just been getting better.

Disclaimer though: There are no queues on this server. That said, I would not be too surprised if we end up having queue times in WoD. This server is honestly just getting bigger and better. Just 2 weeks ago we had a 12/14H 25 man transfer over along with a 3rd 10 man on this server downing H-Garrosh.

I guess if there's one bad thing about the server is that there are server trolls, but I'd imagine that's true of any server.
    Yeah I was considering it but it didn't seem that different to Zul'Jin. I am actually considering Mannoroth. I have never once played an alliance character to the point where I quit after level 5. Plus, I wonder how big the queue's will be during WoD launch.

Thanks though bud

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Yeah I was considering it but it didn't seem that different to Zul'Jin. I am actually considering Mannoroth. I have never once played an alliance character to the point where I quit after level 5. Plus, I wonder how big the queue's will be during WoD launch.

Thanks though bud
    For what it's worth: being on a connected realm (Mannoroth) might have some server issues compared to being on a single realm (Zul'Jin/Thrall). I can't speak from personal experience of any issues of being on a connected realm but I'd lean towards a large non connected server out of paranoia of server issues. (If anything, it's just nicer for someone as lazy as I am to just look up the wowprogress of that single server instead of having to check all 2/3 servers when I'm stroking my e-peen.)

Not sure if this'll impact your decision but you might want to consider looking up where the datacenter for your server is on if you really like quick responses (http://wowpedia.org/US_realm_list_by_datacenter). Also, don't forget to check if there are queue times during peek raiding hours for whatever server you decide on.

In any case, good luck in choosing the right realm.

If you're into raiding look at WoW progress and choose a realm that seems to fancy you. I would assume that the more progressed guilds there are on a realm the better the pugging and guilds should be. Should be a good experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    For what it's worth: being on a connected realm (Mannoroth) might have some server issues compared to being on a single realm (Zul'Jin/Thrall). I can't speak from personal experience of any issues of being on a connected realm but I'd lean towards a large non connected server out of paranoia of server issues. (If anything, it's just nicer for someone as lazy as I am to just look up the wowprogress of that single server instead of having to check all 2/3 servers when I'm stroking my e-peen.)

Not sure if this'll impact your decision but you might want to consider looking up where the datacenter for your server is on if you really like quick responses (http://wowpedia.org/US_realm_list_by_datacenter). Also, don't forget to check if there are queue times during peek raiding hours for whatever server you decide on.

In any case, good luck in choosing the right realm.
    I am very sure connected realms shouldn't do much of anything, as their intended purpose was to ignite some life back into some old and dead realms.

At the moment, I am considering Turalyon US and mostly Mannoroth US because both have some solid progression, while Mannoroth is more Alliance, which I want to try out for once.

Does the server location matter to you? There are EST time zone servers that are located in the Midwest and a few in Phoenix.

I like Kel'Thuzad:

• High population
    • No queue (though WoD launch might have some)
    • Not connected
    • Lots of pugs (raids, arenas, and RBGs)
    • Healthy guilds (and more transferring here; welcome, Royal Militia)
    • PvP server, but 99.9% Alliance
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-03-10 at 06:15 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Proudmoore is populated, has no queue times, and most people are nice.
    ^^^This (if you are Alliance. Horde population is not so great, but still not bad. Makes things like World Boss kills suck bigtime.)

Depending on where you are located, you may want to choose a realm in a datacenter nearest you (for low ping/lag times). If realm time zones are important to you, those are listed also.

http://wowpedia.org/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Then check out PVE realm populations and faction balances

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html
    or
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com

Make your decision from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Squirl;25830636][*]Not connected
    /QUOTE]

Wait, what is the con of having a server that is connected? There seems to be almost no problems with a connected realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Wait, what is the con of having a server that is connected? There seems to be almost no problems with a connected realm.
    Some connected realms have a really toxic relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Some connected realms have a really toxic relationship.
    How so?? I don't see it doing any harm than just more players together, which causes problems. There is no doubt in my mind that I bet at least one of those huge horde/alliance realms must also have a toxic community.

For Alliance, Whisperwind and Proudmoore are pretty solid. I'm not sure why WW was picked for Connected Realms tbh. Was already high pop, but I guess it was borderline. But yeah, if you make a toon there you'll be able to effectively have 22 toons, if you're an altoholic at all. I see a lot of folks transferring there just because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    For Alliance, Whisperwind and Proudmoore are pretty solid. I'm not sure why WW was picked for Connected Realms tbh. Was already high pop, but I guess it was borderline. But yeah, if you make a toon there you'll be able to effectively have 22 toons, if you're an altoholic at all. I see a lot of folks transferring there just because of that.
    I am interested in Mannoroth at the moment as it is joined with Nazjatar and Blood Furnace, so it will have tons of Alliance and horde, but mostly Alliance.

Not sure for Whisperwind, just checked out Dentarg and have no clue they connected both of those.

I love Stormrage, its a good server

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I like Kel'Thuzad:

• High population
    • No queue (though WoD launch might have some)
    • Not connected
    • Lots of pugs (raids, arenas, and RBGs)
    • Healthy guilds (and more transferring here; welcome, Royal Militia)
    • PvP server, but 99.9% Alliance
    /wave. Thanks!

These are many of the reasons we picked KT.