Question How much crit do you think is "enough" - Disc - 25hc

Hey guys,

first my disc: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...umeno/advanced

My thoughts so far: 35% crit unbuffed. With raidbuffs and 2-set I´m at least 50% of the fight at 50% crit, excluding int procs from cloak, weapon and trinkets. 50% crit theoretically means every second heal crits and leaves a bubble. I think going over a nearly constant 50% crit chance isn´t worth it, so I try to max mastery after 35% unbuffed crit. Only possible alternative that comes in mind is to get a bit more haste, respectively don´t forge out of haste.

I have no problems with my gear or healing, I´m only trying to improve where I can and want to know how you guys handle your stats.

/Spirit: As we recently switched to 25 my spirit may seem too high, thats in progress but I must first get comfortable before dropping more ^^

Thank you!

Where do you get this conclusion from ?

People have actually calculated this, and the graph shows that Crit should be 5%-7% higher then Mastery to be ideal. This obviously get's hard to calculate when 2set temporarily buffs your crit. You can't forget crit is the most important stat for the PoPP trinket 2.

Anyway, I would not ponder too much over it. Because the difference in healing throughput from juggling with mastery and crit is very very minimal.

There´s no math behind it, thats more or less logical conclusion, because I think (!) at this gear point (nearly constant 50% crit infight) I get a bigger benefit from a static mastery or haste increase.

All you "gain" is a lower DPS.

Deleted
    Haste would increase your DPS, allow you to more often throw out a heal (so effectively, more chances to crit) but would come at an increased mana cost.

In terms of getting more healing out, you should see more from crit over mastery. Crit will provide more DPS, should give a more tangible benefit to producing DA and crit will also increase your chance of being able to make better use of running double amp.

In short, there is never enough crit.

As Halcyonic said - never enough crit. If everything isn't reforged and socketed crit, you're doing it wrong.
    One thing a lot of people forget is, that while mastery does theoretically surpass crit if you have a far bigger amount of crit (impossible this tier if you've got a decent set of gear), crit will still provide a much smaller overhealing factor than mastery.

You get bloated with mastery from your gear, there is absolutely no point in stacking mastery outside of what you already end up with "accidentally". Most of your BiS items have mastery/crit on them so it makes no sense to actively increase it.

Without even trying to increase my mastery, buffed in raids, before 2pc I end up with 60% mastery, 44.5% crit and 8000 spirit.
    Last edited by Aparthia; 2014-03-19 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I go for crit but have more mastery :C

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rackk/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatty View Post
    I go for crit but have more mastery :C

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rackk/advanced
    Yeah, it is a problem lots of us face, especially with the tier pieces being so happy to let us swim in mastery. I have the issue that whenever I have a chance to roll on a crit piece I always end up with the haste item instead.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I raid 25m and I'm at 43% crit and 54% mastery with about 6600 spirit unbuffed, you always want to go for crit no matter how much you have, you'll always end up having more mastery anyway.

103% crit...that's when you have "enough"

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    As Halcyonic said - never enough crit. If everything isn't reforged and socketed crit, you're doing it wrong.
    One thing a lot of people forget is, that while mastery does theoretically surpass crit if you have a far bigger amount of crit (impossible this tier if you've got a decent set of gear), crit will still provide a much smaller overhealing factor than mastery.
    Haste bad, crit good.