Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    you got off lightly. some things shouldn't be joked about

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    Oh well I guess this is clearly offensive.

Didn't realize people were still so narrow minded, nevermind.
    Yes, we're narrow-minded about someone naming themselves after a tasteless joke about pedophilia. I have a growing suspicion that your attitude was part of your ban. Perhaps you got off too easy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.
    If I wasn't in love with my current forum signature, this would be my new one!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    You though you could talk to a GM with a inappropriate name and not get it changed? Really???? How dense do you need to be to think that it would be ok???
    This is what I meant. Like, seriously...that's incredibly cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    > Puts 'pedo' in his character name.
    > Calls other people narrow minded.

You're on a roll today.

Anyways as you can see, literally everyone disagrees with you.

Let it sink in for a minute.
    you don't quote like that around here.

tbh im pritty sure somthings missing from the op..as im confident that the 1st offence wouldnt warrant a 4 hour ban no matter how innaproprate the name is, 1st step is normaly a name change
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-03-20 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Uhm. Pedo doesn't mean pedophilia. Pedobeard kinda means child beard.

I don't think that's an excuse that'll cover it though, since it's obviously refering to pedobear.
    The OP admitted his name was a play on the meme Pedobear, which for reference:
    Pedobear is an internet meme that became popular through the imageboard 4chan.[1] As the name suggests ("pedo" being short for "pedophile"), it is portrayed as a pedophilic bear.[2] The bear image has been likened to bait used to lure children or as a mascot for pedophiles.[3][5]
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-03-20 at 02:26 PM.

I do not promote pedophilia, however I find the Pedobear character to be amusing and funny.
    You did name your character after a cartoon pedophile...

It's the same if I named my character Hitler
    "oh no, it's my friends last name"

10+ Year Old Account
    Why in the world would you name yourself that? You were just asking for trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    Yes, we're narrow-minded about someone naming themselves after a tasteless joke about pedophilia. I have a growing suspicion that your attitude was part of your ban. Perhaps you got off too easy?
    Attitude? That was literally our entire conversation, I just asked if I could turn in some dailies before logging off and that was it.

I guess we just see things diffrently, most of you see the "Pedobeard" name and think that I support or find pedophilia funny in some way, while I just enjoy the fictional character Pedobeard and some of the funny comics / content that was created around it.

Is this supposed to be a spoof thread based off that other thread going? Either way if true, you can't be suprised you got banned.

15+ Year Old Account
    how would you react to such a topic if you would have been raped while being a child or one of your children would get? seriously grow up and stop joking about the very bottom of humanity

Attitude? That was literally our entire conversation, I just asked if I could turn in some dailies before logging off and that was it.

I guess we just see things diffrently, most of you see the "Pedobeard" name and think that I support or find pedophilia funny in some way, while I just enjoy the fictional character Pedobeard and some of the funny comics / content that was created around it.
    Pedobear - a Pedophilic cartoon bear
    Pedobeard - beard which pedophiles often have.

Know the difference, could save your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... You're referencing pedophilia... What the fuck did you expect?!
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts?
    You deserve it. Job well done GM.
    BAD WOLF

I know what you mean. My character "Daterapeisbestrape" got reported just last week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Pedobear - a Pedophilic cartoon bear
    Pedobeard - beard which pedophiles often have.

Know the difference, could save your life.
    It was a play on the fact that my character was a dwarf with a big beard. I really didn't think people would find it that offensive, but apparently you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a play on the fact that my character was a dwarf with a big beard. I really didn't think people would find it that offensive, but apparently you do.
    It's not even about it being offensive. It's about you being an idiot for using that name. I certainly don't find it offensive but I'd report it anyway just so you'd have to change it.

Oh I don't I just find it hilarious someone didn't see that coming.

Also, I hope this taught you how pedophilia isn't funny according to most of the people.