Page 44 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe you can Add this for your Details!?

wowinterface.com/downloads/info23287-SkadaChatFrameIntegrator.html

Wow. The report-history feature is friggin' awesome. It saves you SO much time when you are going to link the same thing over again within new attempts. Just awesome, Tercio. This is a feature that stands out completely if you compare with other similar addons.
    I don't get the [#] number after my tooltip texts though. Not sure how that works. Is it supposed to be the # fight? That is a good idea then. Maybe it's just a bug.

Showing here:

Maybe could be cool if you can add the current actual report-type after saying: (Say) (Whisper) etc. I noticed that the addon remembers the current form, so you could just add an variable for it. For example, it could show:

Primal Elementalist Damage Taken (#4 Say)
    Primal Elementalist Damage Taken (#17 Whisper Name-here)
    Primal Elementalist Damage Taken (#12 Party)

They should all use the same obviously as a default and if you change the report-style in the Report Results, the report history should remember this and use the new report-style.

I also noticed that the current lines of the reports are overwritten by others. I am not sure how you want that to work. If I report Damage Done with 2 lines, then report Healing Done with 3 lines and then use the report history for those, the first time it will remember to use the 2 lines, then they all will be overwritten by the 3 lines. My suggestion is that it should use the same Lines: for everyone so it's not too confusing.
    So whatever Lines: you are using in the report, they all should use the same. It's just too confusing to save different history reports with different line reporting imo.
    If you change the current lines in the Report Results, they should all use the new Lines amount. If that was too confusing to understand, let me know. :P

Edit: Got an error when I played with the report history thingy. The report history feature stopped working as well.

Code:
    18x Details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:7427: attempt to index local 'artwork' (a nil value)
    Details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:7427: in function <Details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:7396>

Locals:
    Last edited by skmzarn; 2015-05-22 at 10:11 AM.

^
    Try aplha v3.14.3, did some improvements, but still is lacking on some few things which I'll be improving towards next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atwood View Post
    Maybe you can Add this for your Details!?

wowinterface.com/downloads/info23287-SkadaChatFrameIntegrator.html
    It's basically the embed stuff of AddonSkins but without AddonSkins right? I'm taking note of this, will look when i have more time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I may have missed it but is there an overall window similar to Skada?
    When choosing the segment, there is a option called overall data below the 'current segment'.

Just started using it and I'm really enjoying the amount of info it provides on encounters.

one thing I've noticed though as a DK, it doesn't record boneshield as being active unless you cast it while the encounter is in progress. Might be the same with other classes who like to start an encounter with certain buffs up.

In the encounter details page, you have the little chat bubbles that pop up when you mouse over the icons (interupt, dispells, death, adds) but it's horrible to read, white text on white background with only a shadow of a black outline.

I will know more once I use it for an entire raid, but really really nice so far. All the details I could want without having to upload to WCL to find out.

Oh wow. I guess it may have been asked, but will the somewhat rapid update rate of this meter destroy my CPU?

I tend to turn off modules that I do not need, though, to lessen the CPU impact, is this a supported feature?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Just started using it and I'm really enjoying the amount of info it provides on encounters.

one thing I've noticed though as a DK, it doesn't record boneshield as being active unless you cast it while the encounter is in progress. Might be the same with other classes who like to start an encounter with certain buffs up.

In the encounter details page, you have the little chat bubbles that pop up when you mouse over the icons (interupt, dispells, death, adds) but it's horrible to read, white text on white background with only a shadow of a black outline.

I will know more once I use it for an entire raid, but really really nice so far. All the details I could want without having to upload to WCL to find out.
    Skada treats buffs/debuffs the same way, at least with hunter Sniper Training. Not ideal.

Sounds like a bug, Details! does track buffs in the entire raid when the encounter starts.
    I know about the chat bubbles, we need to change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Oh wow. I guess it may have been asked, but will the somewhat rapid update rate of this meter destroy my CPU?
    I tend to turn off modules that I do not need, though, to lessen the CPU impact, is this a supported feature?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Skada treats buffs/debuffs the same way, at least with hunter Sniper Training. Not ideal.
    No, update the window is a fast task. You may check with the Cpu Addon on my signature.

Are there any plans to move ALL settings into a single profile (except the data) as an option ?

I play 11 characters and there seems to be many options that are only set per character even though under 'Profiles' i have 'Use on All Characters' set to ON and i can confirm they are all using that one profile.

For example the Raid tools settings seem to be per character. If i change a window background on one character it doesn't flow on to the other characters using the same profile.

Maybe not everyone wants this but can there be an option for it? Like other DPS meters (Skada, etc) everything of course except for the data/logs (appearance, position, etc) are global.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    When choosing the segment, there is a option called overall data below the 'current segment'.
    I meant a window to view DPS, HPS, Overheal, etc all at once in one window. Sorry for the confusion.

Found a bug with your "Damage the game" plugin, as a DK, if you have dots on a target, it will continue to count after combat has dropped and grant ranks. It seems to forget to reset unless you actually start hitting things again. Should probably make it reset as soon as combat drops.

Deleted
    Hello !
    I switched from skada since one week and I have two principal concern :

I can't display damage taken by spells, and aura and void zone doesn't always have everything needed : Example, how do you display stamp damage on H&F?
    When I'm watching at a recap and someone in the raid goes in combat, it immediately switch to the active segment, which is kinda annoying

Am I just terrible at configuring Details or ?

Regarding the feedback, the addon is quite awesome, really good features, best UX I've ever seen on any wow addon, powerful and useful features, and doesn't lag. If I manage to do everything I need with it, I'll recommend it to everybody that I know !

Quote Originally Posted by Torchler View Post
    Are there any plans to move ALL settings into a single profile (except the data) as an option ?

I play 11 characters and there seems to be many options that are only set per character even though under 'Profiles' i have 'Use on All Characters' set to ON and i can confirm they are all using that one profile.

For example the Raid tools settings seem to be per character. If i change a window background on one character it doesn't flow on to the other characters using the same profile.

Maybe not everyone wants this but can there be an option for it? Like other DPS meters (Skada, etc) everything of course except for the data/logs (appearance, position, etc) are global.
    Raid tools is intended to be per chr, window background not, may be is a bug.
    I'm adding on our wishlist an options for raid tools be saved inside the profile though.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant a window to view DPS, HPS, Overheal, etc all at once in one window. Sorry for the confusion.
    It's possible through custom text, for instance:
    Code:
    {func local player, combat = ...; 
    local damager = combat(1,Details.playername)
    local healer = combat(2, Details.playername)  
    local dps = damager.total / combat:GetCombatTime()
    local hps = healer.total / combat:GetCombatTime()
    local overheal = healer.totalover
    return "Dps: " ..  Details:ToK2(dps) .. " Hps: " .. Details:ToK2(hps) .. " Over: " .. Details:ToK2 (overheal);}
    - - - Updated - - -

Found a bug with your "Damage the game" plugin, as a DK, if you have dots on a target, it will continue to count after combat has dropped and grant ranks. It seems to forget to reset unless you actually start hitting things again. Should probably make it reset as soon as combat drops.
    Thanks for reporting.

It's possible through custom text, for instance:
    Code:
    {func local player, combat = ...; 
    local damager = combat(1,Details.playername)
    local healer = combat(2, Details.playername)  
    local dps = damager.total / combat:GetCombatTime()
    local hps = healer.total / combat:GetCombatTime()
    local overheal = healer.totalover
    return "Dps: " ..  Details:ToK2(dps) .. " Hps: " .. Details:ToK2(hps) .. " Over: " .. Details:ToK2 (overheal);}
    Awesome. I didn't realize that was possible. Do you have a reference sheet for commands and functions I could use to create my own in the future? I'll have to test this one when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebihime View Post
    Hello !
    I switched from skada since one week and I have two principal concern :

I can't display damage taken by spells, and aura and void zone doesn't always have everything needed : Example, how do you display stamp damage on H&F?
    When I'm watching at a recap and someone in the raid goes in combat, it immediately switch to the active segment, which is kinda annoying

Am I just terrible at configuring Details or ?

Regarding the feedback, the addon is quite awesome, really good features, best UX I've ever seen on any wow addon, powerful and useful features, and doesn't lag. If I manage to do everything I need with it, I'll recommend it to everybody that I know !
    Auras and Voidzone not always show everything, only things which has a debuff timer.
    Damage taken by spells should be displaying everything, but there is a bug on current release, though. Stampers are shown as "Pulverized", which is it's spell name.

Yah, we are improving those annoying auto switch, for now, it shouldn't switch if you are interacting within the window, e.g. hovering over with the mouse. You may send feedback telling what part of the addon you were using when it auto changed the segment.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. I didn't realize that was possible. Do you have a reference sheet for commands and functions I could use to create my own in the future? I'll have to test this one when I get home.
    Inside the folder there is three .txt files, open the "API.txt" one, the basics is there.
    I also advice that, the current implementation of this feature isn't in the best shape, so sometimes it may be feel annoying editing the code or testing it.

I'll play around with it. Should be interesting

Deleted
    Auras and Voidzone not always show everything, only things which has a debuff timer.
    Damage taken by spells should be displaying everything, but there is a bug on current release, though. Stampers are shown as "Pulverized", which is it's spell name.

Yah, we are improving those annoying auto switch, for now, it shouldn't switch if you are interacting within the window, e.g. hovering over with the mouse. You may send feedback telling what part of the addon you were using when it auto changed the segment.
    Oh boy, I didn't check the custom stuff ! Really nice! I'll try to send you as much feedback as I can, btw your addons are AWESOME, keep up the god work.
    Do you prefer to get feedback from here or from somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Hebihime View Post
    Oh boy, I didn't check the custom stuff ! Really nice! I'll try to send you as much feedback as I can, btw your addons are AWESOME, keep up the god work.
    Do you prefer to get feedback from here or from somewhere else?
    Here is the best place for feedback.

Just a post of appreciation:

At least a half dozen people in my guild were having severe frame rate drops at the beginning of fights using Recount. We replaced it with Details and dear sweet Jesus, this may be the greatest addon since WeakAuras. No performance impact at all with a better feature set to boot. The compare feature is amazingly insightful when one raider is underperforming.

Thank you for being awesome.

EDIT: Oh, you made h&f assist too. You da real mvp.

I think the game could do with fewer damage meters rather than more. The game has become entirely too much about numbers in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I think the game could do with fewer damage meters rather than more. The game has become entirely too much about numbers in my opinion.
    It's not just a damage meter though, it's like having WoL at your fingertips. You can see exactly what is doing the damage to your raid and when, see if any CDs are being used, see how many interrupts were missed at a glance. One button to create WeakAuras to show what ever spell/debuff is in that current fight that you're dying too.

This isn't for people who just want to measure their ego based on their DPS. It's to help support raiders who want to find out what is going on in their raid without the need of an external website.

RPGs have always been about numbers when people are attempting to do content that is hard. It's vastly easier to know how to deal with something if you know when/why something is happening. Heck, look at pokemon... the amount of shit in that game that some people micromanage makes wow look like a daycare center.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Players are going to judge by numbers if they are available.
    We were judged by item level before it became visible on the tooltips.
    Parsing of logs would still be done to judge players performance.

There are going to always be those who rely on simplistic measures to judge someone, rather than trying to do it properly though talking to them.
    Damage meters did not cause that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.