Poll: Who do you like more out of these 2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Illidan. He is one of the most awesome characters in the warcraft universe. Done a lot, a bit crazy, sacrificed a lot, and in the end was rejected by everyone and was simply amazing. Malfurion is just ... boring.

Illidan was framed for the attack on shattrath, pure and simple

Kael'thas ended up working for Kil'jaeden, after all, so it isn't much of a stretch to say that Illidan had no hand in ordering the attack on shatt

Also guess who kinda hated Illidan already? KJ.

Could even have been part of the deal when kael decided to use legion energies for the blood elves

"And there is nothing you or that fool, Illidan, can do to stop me! You have both served me in your own right - unwittingly"

"Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some blind, half-night elf mongrel? Hahahaha... "

It's all right there, and it didn't take much of a push for the order for illidans death to come out, what with all us adventurers wanting to take his epic weapons....

I tend to pick the "good guy," but I'm picking Illidan here.

Honestly, if you go back to Warcraft III, Furion has always been a bit stuffy. A lot of Illidan's "evil" actually comes from Furion acting impulsively himself. Furion didn't want Tyrande to free Illidan, and when she did? He saved Ashenvale. How did Furion thank him? By banishing him because he used fel magic to do it. He just assumed it would turn Illidan evil, without even giving his own brother the benefit of the doubt.

And that's defined a lot for both of the characters. Furion is stuffy and expects people to play by his rules even to this day, while Illidan risked everything to save others, gets no thanks, and he's the one who gets called "Betrayer." I don't hate Furion, I'm still a fan of him, but I like Illidan more. Despite his bad boy, anti-hero-cliché exterior, he was actually a pretty deep character who isn't anywhere near as morally ambiguous as he first appears. He proved time and time again that deeds make one good or evil, not the color of their magic or the horns growing from their head. Even if you accept the broken lore of Burning Crusade, it even went off the idea that it was losing to Arthas that snapped him, not his magic.

Furion's all right, and druids are pretty cool. But Illidan's a really interesting experiment in creating an increasingly physically demonic character who never actually falls to that influence (again, even in Burning Crusade, he was fighting the Legion, and Mists established he was specifically freeing demons from the Legion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Lorewise, who do you like more, Malfurion or Illidan, and why?
    Malfurion Stormrage.

Why? Because... well.. mm... yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a Plague or Cholera vote..
    Where is my "Neither - Both are equal douchebags!" option?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Illidan.
    He's the kind of guy who has to pass to several trials and sacrifices to remotely get a chance against the Legion, while his brother Malfurion has it all from the beginning:
    Malfurion has the girl, is a super retarded powerful druid, almost at the level of Thrall in Cataclysm, no effort spent whatsoever, and this after sleeping a lot.
    Also, the "hush, Tyrande!" moment at the end of the Well of Eternity. What a pompous dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Illidan.
    He's the kind of guy who has to pass to several trials and sacrifices to remotely get a chance against the Legion, while his brother Malfurion has it all from the beginning:
    Malfurion has the girl, is a super retarded powerful druid, almost at the level of Thrall in Cataclysm, no effort spent whatsoever, and this after sleeping a lot.
    Also, the "hush, Tyrande!" moment at the end of the Well of Eternity. What a pompous dick.
    Actually Malfurion is far more powerful than Thrall.

Honestly, people are trying to come up with excuses for Illidan. Most if not all of what he did were to feed his ego and wanting everyone to hail him as a hero. Illidan was power-hungry and eager to prove himself. In WotA he even once thought that it would be better if his brother didn't exist and he would be the one who got everything. Such a thought has never crossed Malfurion's mind. He even spoke up for Illidan when he was about to be executed.

Despite all of those I think that deep down both of them really care for each other. They grew up,played,learned together after all.

"We have had much strife between us, my brother. I have known only ages of hate for you. But, for my part, I wish it to end. From this day forward, let there be peace between us." Illidan said this. Man writting all these makes me feel sorry for Illidan.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-03-24 at 02:18 PM.

misunderstood anti-hero.
    here you go.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    misunderstood anti-hero.
    here you go.
    Even if he is not an anti hero, Illidan would still be more interesting than his twin brother in my opinion.

can illidan kill his brother when he comes back?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Illidan. Malfurion lost his awesomeness to me when he became neutral instead of an alliance hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Even if he is not an anti hero, Illidan would still be more interesting than his twin brother in my opinion.
    agree. but that makes him more awesome imo