Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Final boss of WoD

I don't know about you lot, but I feel really uncomfortable not knowing who the final big boss of WoD will be.

Blizz (I think this is true) said at Blizzcon that the final boss of WoD won't be an orc, and apart from one of the Warlords, most likely Gul'Dan or Grommash, we have no clue who else it could be.

I guess that Kairoz would be a likely candidate, but I feel like he isn't big and bad enough.

I just don't really like Blizz not telling us what the final raid/boss will be because I don't know what I can look forward to at the end of the xPac.

In my unpopular opinion, I wouldn't mind if the final boss was another Hellscream and we fought Grommash in the end, but in some epic scenario he redeemed himself before he died, same as he did in our timeline.

Thoughts?

speculation:

after we beat the first couple warlords in 6.0 we then because were idiots decide to make an alliance with gul'dan in 6.1 and prepare to beat down the rest of the iron horde. 6.2 we kill grommash and stop the iron horde and gul'dan goes and hides.

6.3 we help repair draenor and bring in reinforcements from our timeline. and theres demons because duh were retarded

6.4 gul'dan summons kil'jaedan and we kill gul'dan because who the fuck didnt see this guy turning on us

7.0 burning legion expansion blah blah blah give me a fucking demon hunter
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    First, disagree about knowing who the boss will be, It was a mistake that they had to swallow in MoP, from all the ''wahh pandas waaahh crowd''. I prefer the mistery and pefer looking forward to knowing at the end of the journey who will be the final encounter. I feel that they can get away with it this time, and they seem to agree.

As for who it may be, I think it's going to be an agent of the Burning legion in legue with Gul'Dan. Kairoz's story wont end in WoD, I feel he will play a big role with Nozdurmu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kairoz or a Burning Legion agent. Bring it on bitches!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Garrosh Hellscream.

Pretty sure Bliz has already said it, more or less. During and interview when they were mentioning "more than one of the warlords in a single raid" as bosses, they mentioned that they big baddie is Garrosh. Plus, it doesn't matter if we kill him . . . it's an "alternate timeline".

6.0 Basic Iron Horde stuff
    6.1 More Iron Horde stuff
    6.2 Arakkoa stuff
    6.3 More Iron Horde stuff
    6.4 Burning Legion stuff

At some point I'd like to see Sargeras and N'Zoth throw down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyMuffy View Post
    Garrosh Hellscream.

Pretty sure Bliz has already said it, more or less. During and interview when they were mentioning "more than one of the warlords in a single raid" as bosses, they mentioned that they big baddie is Garrosh. Plus, it doesn't matter if we kill him . . . it's an "alternate timeline".
    ...No they didn't. They made it very certain it wasn't going to be Garrosh.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan spoiler maybe?

We kill gul'dan in a dungeon. So he won't really have much to do with any endgame stuff. Though, lore characters have turned up after we killed them before, and he is a warlock. Which are known for doing that.

At any rate, burning legion is definitely not off the table regardless. I'm interested to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by toomes211 View Post
    Gul'dan spoiler maybe?

We kill gul'dan in a dungeon. So he won't really have much to do with any endgame stuff. Though, lore characters have turned up after we killed them before, and he is a warlock. Which are known for doing that.

At any rate, burning legion is definitely not off the table regardless. I'm interested to see what happens.
    thats ner'zhul. not gul'dan.

gul'dan isnt part of the warlords he and his followers are outcasts

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh Hellscream.

garrosh is a damn little kid. the final boss isnt going to be a baby.

and if you mean our garrosh then why did you mention alternate timelines? hes our garrosh.

and no, in fact they flatout said that garrosh gets taken out very early on probably even in a questline
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

SOOOO many people with misinformation within the first page alone.

We take on Ner'zhul in a 5man according to blizzard. No where in that interview or post did they once use the word kill.

Don't be surprised if the ONLY "warlord" who actually dies in the first patch is Blackhand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toomes211 View Post
    Gul'dan spoiler maybe?

I think you might be thinking of Ner'zhul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    SOOOO many people with misinformation within the first page alone.

We take on Ner'zhul in a 5man according to blizzard. No where in that interview or post did they once use the word kill.

Don't be surprised if the ONLY "warlord" who actually dies in the first patch is Blackhand.
    Woops. Guess I can't keep track of all the dark edgy orcs anymore. And that is fair, though the impression I got is that you do indeed kill him. That's just an impression though. I'd like to see most, if not all the warlords wrapped up in the first raid patch though. That way we can move onto different things to kill.

Deleted
    inb4 kairoz IS kael'thas!

plot twist of the year!

Garrosh Hellscream.

they said grom, but it was a joke

the only thing we know for certain is that the big bad is NOT an orc

Bets on Kairoz really being Mal'Ganis

Deleted
    As for the final boss, I think that not knowing who it will be allows the story to develop more naturally. They tried it with Mists but relented due to fans complaining about the lack of a main villain, and all it did was completely vilify Garrosh and take all the suspense of out his descent into darkness. Fortunately, Warlords is a rather different setting to Mists and I think the lack of an obvious big bad will work better here. In Mists a lot of people thought that the lack of a main villain meant it would be all fluffy pandas and rainbows everywhere. Warlords still presents a serious story and a threatening adversary without knowing who the final boss is (especially with Grom serving as the main villain despite not actually being the final boss most likely.).

My personal guess is it will be Mannoroth. We'll beat the Iron Horde with Gul'dan's help, Gul'dan will betray us and tempt the Iron Horde remnants into joining the Legion and Mannoroth will lead the Legion's assault through the Dark Portal onto Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    speculation:

after we beat the first couple warlords in 6.0 we then because were idiots decide to make an alliance with gul'dan in 6.1 and prepare to beat down the rest of the iron horde. 6.2 we kill grommash and stop the iron horde and gul'dan goes and hides.

6.3 we help repair draenor and bring in reinforcements from our timeline. and theres demons because duh were retarded

6.4 gul'dan summons kil'jaedan and we kill gul'dan because who the fuck didnt see this guy turning on us

7.0 burning legion expansion blah blah blah give me a fucking demon hunter
    Middle tier of content is always a different theme. Blizzard does this on purpose. It might wind up not being the popular (and mine) guess of Arrakoa, but it won't be Iron Horde even if its tied into them.

Deleted
    Well, Christopher, the father of Go'el, confirmed during Blizzcon that Garrosh ain't gonna be the final boss here and he also said that the final boss "won't be just another orc dude, really". Grommash Hellscream is the one on the WoD box cover. Obviously Grommash will consume the power of the Skull of Gul'dan, who will die earlier, and will become neither (just another) orc (dude, really), neither demon, but something more, and will be the final boss of WoD!!!1one

I figured it'd be Grommash because that famous French leak said it would be him, and he's on the cover of the WoD box too, like with the Lich King and Deathwing.

Like Protar said, Metzen and the rest of story development would prefer if the story could develop naturally, which is what they wanted to do with MoP. Allows for more buildup and a stronger narrative

Ultimately this expansion is about fighting Warlords, so it'd make sense we'd fight the main one at the end. Would have preferred Guldan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    As for the final boss, I think that not knowing who it will be allows the story to develop more naturally. They tried it with Mists but relented due to fans complaining about the lack of a main villain, and all it did was completely vilify Garrosh and take all the suspense of out his descent into darkness. Fortunately, Warlords is a rather different setting to Mists and I think the lack of an obvious big bad will work better here. In Mists a lot of people thought that the lack of a main villain meant it would be all fluffy pandas and rainbows everywhere. Warlords still presents a serious story and a threatening adversary without knowing who the final boss is (especially with Grom serving as the main villain despite not actually being the final boss most likely.).

My personal guess is it will be Mannoroth. We'll beat the Iron Horde with Gul'dan's help, Gul'dan will betray us and tempt the Iron Horde remnants into joining the Legion and Mannoroth will lead the Legion's assault through the Dark Portal onto Stormwind.
    While I agree with everything you said, I thought they announced Garrosh as final boss at the same time MoP was released? Not later during the Pandaren complaints?