Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Science doesn't consider it a person.
    science can't say that, people with opinions say that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    science can't say that, people with opinions say that.
    Science most definitely can say that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Its a consistency issue. They do not want to help the children that are alive, and at the same time, they actively want more children to be born forcefully, even in unfavorable conditions to everyone, to actively contribute to more of the problem they want to ignore, and AT THE SAME MOTHERFUCKING TIME, they actively campaign against birth control, SO THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE PREGNANCIES HAPPEN MORE, while blocking abortions, while restricting help for living children.
    Apparantly they think every child will end up like Wendy Davis, when thats so untrue it hurts >.<

so its okay because you don't consider it a person? i bet that would make an awesome legal defense.
    "Sir Sir, this man killed his children yesterday in his shower."
    Accused: But my sperm contained no people!
    Jury: We find the defendant guilty of killing off potential people.
    Judge: I sentence the accused to serve out 3 billion half-life sentences.

Then his living children die of starvation. But its okay, cause he was a bad man.

You are right, that would not hold up in court. You are way too smart.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-03-29 at 04:10 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

not on something like this, they made an opinion and then drew up their own criteria for saying why it is that way.

science doesn't say anything, people do (duh)

Deleted
    not on something like this, they made an opinion and then drew up their own criteria for saying why it is that way.
    Whatever, it doesn't matter whether someone classifies it as a fetus or a person anyways. Killing it isn't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    And then when you ask why the answer is "My beliefs".
    And you gotta love the part where "my beliefs" become "your beliefs".

But they are not your beliefs, they are merely an extension of a lifelong barrage of misinformation and a taught mistrust of fact.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Women's rights does not mean you have the right to kill a person.

You should be responsible enough to ever A) use birth control or B) have him wear a condom.

You murdered a person cause of your selfishness.
    But you forgot one thing there what if the woman got pregnant after being raped by some scumbag what then.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    actually that's not true.
    I made that remark as a joke, but now I'm afraid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    But they are not your beliefs, they are merely an extension of a lifelong barrage of misinformation and taught mistrust of fact.
    I heard this somewhere.

"Knowledge is humanity's greatest tool. Incomplete knowledge is humanity's greatest weapon."
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    Actually 'personhood' is not scientific. 'Personhood' is a legal and moral subject rather than a scientific one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    At 12, you don't have the sufficient life experience to come close to differentiating your own views from your parents. You'd barely be getting to the point of understanding more complex concepts such as the difference between a system of cells and a distinctive living being.
    That does not conform to my memories of myself at that age but that may very well be so in most cases.

However, does this not invalidate any so called 'liberal' comments from children of that age and below? In which case all the 'heartwarming' stories about children supporting equal rights become nothing more than children repeating what they're told.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I made that remark as a joke, but now I'm afraid.
    No different from a person biting his nails and accidentally swallowing one. Neither one, of which, is a person, nor is important or significant in any way or form.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    Actually 'personhood' is not scientific. 'Personhood' is a legal and moral subject rather than a scientific one.
    Are you trying to posit that sentience cannot be observed scientifically?

Well, you are, and that is false.

However, does this not invalidate any so called 'liberal' comments from children of that age and below? In which case all the 'heartwarming' stories about children supporting equal rights become nothing more than children repeating what they're told.
    That is true, which is a reason why social change happens with generations at a time. Indoctrinate kids when they are younger. As long as you can teach the majority of the kids your views, the ones who are told otherwise by their parents will still have to deal with peer pressure and changing attitudes of social change around them, which they will change as well. The old parents and generations become insignificant, die out, and the cycle repeats. This can also lead to a loss of social progression as well, kids will adopt whatever views are popular at the time, and stick with those views for life.

Im sure when Im 50, there will be some social movement I will most likely not like, or at the very least not care about, but the younger generation will care about it, and call me names for not supporting it. Im sure my views wont matter, because I am old, and I will die before those kids with newer views.

And I would not have it any other way.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-03-29 at 04:20 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Because lack of experience affects the truthfulness of a statement? Sounds like ad hominem to me.
    Yes experience does affect perception and how close the resulting view of said perception would be to the truth.

Do you even know what that fancy little latin phrase means?

10+ Year Old Account
    That does not conform to my memories of myself at that age but that may very well be so in most cases.

I don't care about the opinions of children on politics or ethics. Regardless of whatever stance they take.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    But you forgot one thing there what if the woman got pregnant after being raped by some scumbag what then.
    Well then she has to carry it to term ofcourse, thats what Jesus and the Bibleknauts want. And they are always right as many 12 yr olds and other virgins are quick to tell us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I heard this somewhere.

"Knowledge is humanity's greatest tool. Incomplete knowledge is humanity's greatest weapon."
    Your avatar pic is so very very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Well then she has to carry it to term ofcourse, thats what Jesus and the Bibleknauts want. And they are always right as many 12 yr olds and other virgins are quick to tell us.
    "Its fun to act holier-than-you from my armchair"
    Chronomancer Club