Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    The main thing I'm disappointed about:

I really would love to know the reasoning behind that stance.
    The underlying premise of the game is horde vs alliance battles. So why detract from that?

The guys with the better racials attracting better pvpers thus winning more matches overall? Color me shocked.

They want to show the disparity in botting for each faction for bg's. That's really all this chart is good for. They pigeonholed alliance to IoC and AV so on alliance players just bot the smaller ones. Horde bots IoC and AV because there's really no real players there to report you except alliance. If alliance reports horde bots then you're just ruining a good thing. This is the same story for years and why Blizzard refuses to fix maps or just remove some of them. They promise some new bullshit gimmick in the next expansion but they ignore underlying issues with the game by not taking a direct approach to balancing the maps out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The guys with the better racials attracting better pvpers thus winning more matches overall? Color me shocked.
    Good players play both factions. Just putting that out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Good players play both factions. Just putting that out there.
    Not necessarily. Note, from a PvE persective, how guilds have swapped factions to get better racials to turn sub 1-health wipes into boss kills. And your faction being World First means that players will most likely flock to it, both PvE and PvP enthusiasts alike.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post

More excuses please, try swap the AV starting place and see if Alliance will have ANY desire to win at all, if Horde starts at Alliance cave, the winning percentage won't be 80%, it will probably be 95%.
    Horde wins AV everytime they actually try but I guess we can't have that in random BG because that's way too hard and takes too much time.
    Stop running past eachother to cap towers like sheeps and do nothing else and you actually have a chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    lol dat IoC ratio, oh that's why my entire guild blocks that shit out. total waste of time unless you are the handful that can cap.
    Yeah, I love AV and I liked IoC cause I like huge epic battles with offense and defense...but I had to block both of them cause they are just frustrating as horde player(I always wanna smash things when I know already after 30 seconds into the game how that one will end with another crushing defeat due to the huge mindless zerg that is heading right into the ever same direction) . You can't win with 50% bots and 45% PVE-players that run like lemmings right after the bots. As long as the horde has to do a coordinated defense while the alliance can do brainless PvE-rushes to score, those BGs will not work. At this point Blizz waited so long that even a serious balance patch(not like the last ones) won't fix it anymore cause "the horde left the building" after trying hard for years.

One of those things where Blizz waited too long and now got the problem(like with ghost servers/ghost factions and bots(PvP as well as gathering/selling)). A little thing became a HUGE problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Stop running past eachother to cap towers like sheeps and do nothing else and you actually have a chance to win.
    Yes, if you do that you have a 50/50 chance to win. But if you have to be smarter than your opponent just to get a 50/50 then that's what calls for a balance patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    If anything Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest require more skill then Warsong Gultch, Strand of the Ancients and Temple of Kotmogu.
    Yes and no. They WOULD need more skill if they were played seriously. The current meta is brainless PvE-rush tho...and that needs the IQ and skill of a degenerated ape.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2014-03-31 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    This stats are the fault of US realms. In Europe alliance dominate in pvp, just see all PvP ranks, even in rated bgs.
    Please, show regional stats for horde and alliance and the % of win lose.
    Last edited by mmoc8dbfc1017b; 2014-03-31 at 08:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. So horde has a lot more skilled players and alliance dominates only bgs with terrain imbalances that favor alliace. Maybe Blizzard knows mostly kids play alliance, so they have to give them some advantages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Interesting. So horde has a lot more skilled players and alliance dominates only bgs with terrain imbalances that favor alliace. Maybe Blizzard knows mostly kids play alliance, so they have to give them some advantages.
    It's unfortunately necessary at this point, because if they changed the terrain to "supposedly" be equal or favoring Horde, then there's little reason to stay Alliance unless you either don't have the time/money to re-roll Horde/faction transfer, or you are a masochist that enjoys being curbstomped over and over again. Same thing happened PvE-wise, with the upcoming Racial changes in WoD to counteract the Horde having "superior PvE racials" deal.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

2 terrain changes where made on patch 5.4.7, one was in notes

-Terrain outside of Frostwolf Keep has been modified to prevent players from jumping over the walls.

other one i noticed this week, they closed off a opening between the tower and fence on the right as you enter horde base. you have to go thru the gate now between the towers

base layout is too spread out for horde, before the fist tower armor scrap turn-in along with associated NPCs are still able to be bypassed, overall it's a easier baser to take. going thru the first tower, you gain aggro from a NPC but you lose it to on way to horde flag and horde archers can't range you at horde flag. resing at frostwolf keep you have double the distance to get to your tower's compared to ally base. unless horde does some defense at start, alliance will always win the race to the base game

alliance base is compact on the way to the flag (unless a rogue) you can aggro from armor scrap turn-in NPC and other NPCs near him. you may also gain aggro from guard at south bunker. to top that you will still have archers ranging you while fighting 4 flag guards and up to 1-4 other base NPCs. all this adds stall time trying to take the base.

when i roll horde, thru leveling BGs, i black flag AV, and later add IOC to that list

when i roll alliance i que AV and IOC specifically, doing so i can honor cap before i even hit 60 then insta pop 60 pvp gear for slot BOAs don't fill, before i hit 70 honor capping and JP capping many times over at 70 buy all PVP gear and have all WOTLK epic gems ready which were also free due to all the wins, ride the wave

this has been the norm since 2007, where back then i had a ally rogue with full set of 70 PVP S-2 gear in her bank while still at level 61

most players play both factions. kids do not play WOW.....kids is just the new noob insult when game was 1-60/70. since level no longer denotes noobness...insert kid

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    No. It's entirely to do with the botting epidemic. Isle and Alterac have minor advantages in favor of the Alliance and are simply not fun maps for many at this point (PvE zerg.) This has led to the Horde blacklisting the crap out of both which then results in bots being centralized into them as they don't blacklist them due to getting significantly faster queues when they're open. This gets players often demolished as many actual Alliance players have been queuing for the 40 mans to get Honor by destroying Horde bots, though at the cost of having a Horde comparative queue time.

Meanwhile, the Alliance botting is so terrible overall due to our instant queues from population/queuing reasons (many players have been mass transferring to Horde for PvP due to superiority perceptions) that the bots are spread far more evenly across all BGs, especially the 10 and 15 man ones.

Strand is heavily in the Horde's favor, despite being an even map, because it's a BG that only requires a couple people to win if they execute. This is a problem when the Alliance queues are full of bots. Strand's design is balanced, though not really fun, but is significantly harder to carry useless bots against a Horde team of mostly players. Warsong and others are easier to carry in that regard. Silvershard is similar in that, while it has a minor Horde advantage due to map layout, is a much harder game mode to carry the army of bots infesting the Alliance queues.

All this chart did was show the impact of botting on each faction.

In short, Horde bots are centralized in the two 40 mans while the Alliance ones are spread between the 10 and 15 mans and in significantly higher volumes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Blizzard sit back and think, are they happy with how they managed and implemented PVP? I remember reading an interview with one of their devs around the time of WOTLK and he felt that instancing PVP was the worst decision they had made, and effectively made the game incredible difficult to balance correctly. I tend to agree. Rather then having classes that have multiple specs to compete in raids, they simply don't, because they have to factor in PVP.

Granted it's a selfish point of view as a PVE player, who dabbled in PVP but found it outragously rubbish and messy, but I think PvP is consistently a waste of resources when in the end the playerbase there act on imbalances and strengths based entirely of perception, and no data. For example "Horde are better at PVP" perception, when infact Alliance stomp most often then not according to the data.

Also kudos on Flex being the best implementation of MOP, I'd say its actually one of the best implementations in the games history. Unfortunately nearly in the same breathe though it's toned down by LFR, the worst implementation Blizzard ever made.

It needs to be removed as a gearing step in the process. I'm absolutely sick of having to do LFR on alts as part of the gearing process. If it's a mode for casual players or players not interested in PVE to just " have a handheld tour" of all the pretty things you made, you need to stop forcing actual PVE players to have to waste time in there carrying everyone.

Incoming more nerfs for Alliance for AV and IoC.

Maybe they should make Glaives auto-destruct after 20 seconds. It's SO unfair to expect 1 or 2 horde to go and destroy them to win the battleground for the team.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing about AV and IoC for Horde... when NOT at max level, we do just fine lol I swear, if I'm leveling and hit an AV weekend, I'm something like 25-15 ish on all toons in AV. Pretty similar in IoC. Why we start shitting the bed at max is beyond me.

And yeah, same faction shit like in SWTOR... no. Sorry. The first time I was in an RBG and it popped and we spawned in the Alliance camp, we all sort of just sat there and didn't fight. After 3 whole minutes, we realized the other side didn't cap anything either. It was very odd, cuz I mean I know a lot of people that don't care and will fight anything at any time, but to have two whole YOLO RBG groups NOT fight?

Things like this happened in about 40% of the same faction matches. Usually we would just smash the yolo Alliance teams no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Incoming more nerfs for Alliance for AV and IoC.

Maybe they should make Glaives auto-destruct after 20 seconds. It's SO unfair to expect 1 or 2 horde to go and destroy them to win the battleground for the team.

No, it's so unfair to have 3+ horde players go and destroy the glaives to get a 50/50 chance to win the the bg for the team. Just switch camps and alliance will see the difference in no time. They may fight hard for some weeks but after a while they will play the exact same BS the horde is playing right now...with a 80-90% loss ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    If anything Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest require more skill then Warsong Gultch, Strand of the Ancients and Temple of Kotmogu.
    You never done this as an RBG have you? Hell even in the normal this can be quite tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    It needs to be removed as a gearing step in the process. I'm absolutely sick of having to do LFR on alts as part of the gearing process. If it's a mode for casual players or players not interested in PVE to just " have a handheld tour" of all the pretty things you made, you need to stop forcing actual PVE players to have to waste time in there carrying everyone.
    Rejoice - it actually is being removed in the gearing process for raiders. Heroic Dungeons will drop equivilent gear to LFR, meaning you can skip it and go straight to 'Normal' (current Flex) to gear up.

Combined with Blizzard purposely making LFR gear less attractive to Heroic Raiders during SoO, I think there's very little reason to go into LFR anymore.

Of course many people still will, due to wanting set bonuses quickly. But hey, that's their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    No, it's so unfair to have 3+ horde players go and destroy the glaives to get a 50/50 chance to win the the bg for the team.
    50/50 chance? You do realise the glaives is Alliance's ONLY plan? EVERY TIME? If you destroy the glaives we just run around confused until we loose. Horde already has demos by then, if they fuck up at that point its their own fault.

Glaives is a STUPID plan because the entire win or loose is based on just a couple of Horde actually using common sense. The fact Alliance wins so much at it doesn't prove Ali are better at that BG or that it's unfair, it just proves how bad/self-serving the majority of Horde are playing in the battleground. I'm genuinely dumbfounded every time they glaives plan actually works.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2014-03-31 at 01:03 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Not necessarily. Note, from a PvE persective, how guilds have swapped factions to get better racials to turn sub 1-health wipes into boss kills. And your faction being World First means that players will most likely flock to it, both PvE and PvP enthusiasts alike.
    Isn't it the except opposite in Europe, the massively long PvP queues are for Alliance? So it's not racials.

The game does need BGs that Alliance can win. Otherwise, you'll get even less Alliance in BGs than there already is and even longer queue's for the Horde side. What really needs to happen is there to be more incentive for the losing faction to queue up for BGs. I know I know. Bots, AFKs etc but really I'm not seeing the alternative. The losing side honor is too low at the moment. They jacked it up for awhile and then reversed themselves again. This is a loot based game. You can't make getting loot too steep of a climb.