Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Flames of Xoroth would revive your last killed pet, not any pet of your choosing. So it isn't analogous to SB:Summon or Instant Summon in Demonform as those two are to summon any demon. Even demonic rebirth allowed choice but it required you to have your pet killed first to function. So it is the closest to Flames of Xoroth and it was also removed.
    I wasn't saying it was exactly the same, but it is closest in that we spend a chunk of our secondary resource to instant-summon a pet.

Of course it was not as good because we couldn't choose which to summon, but that was I think largely a flavor-based design decision when they were designing the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The question was whether this snapshotted, or updated dynamically, and which the intent was? I can't character copy so I can't check myself with Legendary gem.
    I imagine it'll snapshot when it's cast. Would be pretty weird to see the timer on it float up and down (while the debuff is up, I mean ... 20 seconds left, no 30 ... awww yisss 10 seconds left, etc, etc).

And, like ... could it go back on if you lost a haste buff that took it off ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

If it would update dynamically it would just refresh/tick faster with haste buffs. If you had it shown as second then yeah, it would go down and up, but you could make it shown as %completed which would make it smoother. But I'm not sure if Blizz has such tech in wow so it will most likely be snapshotted.

Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    The other question here is why we would ever really need it to be less than 1 min? Currently it fits pretty well with the glyphed 10 second/1min dark soul cycle. I guess we get into some fun stuff if we take Grim:Service and try to squeeze 3 doom bolt cycles into 2 mins etc.

Obviously this/cataclysm need some tuning passes along with the implementation of the damage/fury stacking of demon bolt, I quite like it as an extra CD/burst function. Hoping they manage to ensure it resets upon entering combat etc, otherwise pulling with a full fury bar and a high +damage stack with opening (RPPM) procs is going to get pretty out of hand...

Enjoying the Grim:Synergy so far too. I'm a fan of the current 2p set bonus and +15% isn't something to be sniffed at.
    Having it on a 1 minute timer or only using it once a minute might be ideal but it's also very rigid and the stacking debuff already limits players from wanting to chain cast it. They could just as easily make the debuff 30 or even 45 seconds scaling with haste and if you had some large trinket proc out of sync pop into meta to fire off 2 Demonbolts then continue or if new adds spawned that were out of sync with Demonbolt/DS timer you'd still have a good bursty option if the cooldown was shorter. Just seems like having the option to use it sooner without being inefficient or more often would be ideal. To me 1-2 Demonbolt should replace Soul Fire in most all situations we currently use Soul Fire in. Meaning the trinket priority goes to 2 Demonbolts > MC Soul Fire > ToC.

The 1 minute cast a spell thing just makes the spells no fun. Hell honestly change Cataclysm to a 30 seconds CD too and nerf the damage a little bit. Good for AoE not always up and we still have our other AoE to fall back on. It doesn't perma extend dots with the exception of doom, but it's unlikely we will see Cata casted dooms on more than 2-3 targets not making it that big of a deal.

I'm still new to the changes in beta because i haven't really been keeping up with them so I was hoping someone here could help me. Does Grim of Supremacy for demo make your pet generate more demonic fury? I heard somewhere that it does, and if so will that help our overall damage since that'll mean more time in meta? Also does cataclysm apply doom when cast in meta form?

*btw sorry if these questions have been asked already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    I'm still new to the changes in beta because i haven't really been keeping up with them so I was hoping someone here could help me. Does Grim of Supremacy for demo make your pet generate more demonic fury? I heard somewhere that it does, and if so will that help our overall damage since that'll mean more time in meta? Also does cataclysm apply doom when cast in meta form?

*btw sorry if these questions have been asked already
    Yes, Supremacy generates extra Fury, because Service generates a bit more Fury from the extra pet while its up. On balance, overall Fury generation is the same. Not sure about Synergy, it's new, I imagine it will get similar treatment to Supremacy because I can't see why it would somehow generate more by itself.

Cataclysm applies Doom currently, yes, it also charges Fury for each Doom applied, but that's a bug.

I'd venture to guess Synergy won't gain more Fury generation because the ability boosts your personal DPS in addition to the pets. The added bonus of the other grimoire abilities in boosting your personal DPS is more Fury generation and instead of more fury generation Synergy just gets +damage procs. Just how I see it being balanced, but I sure won't complain if they do something with it that's for sure!

It is nice to see that Fury cost per Doom from Cataclysm is a bug that is good news.

Deleted
    At this point in time I'd rather they didn't change warlock at all if it meant refraining from pruning every other existing abilities.
    A few changes to simplify CCs & DRs with other classes & that's it.

Didn't they say Synergy wouldn't generate extra Fury ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Didn't they say Synergy wouldn't generate extra Fury ?
    Yes. The talent has no effect on fury generation.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ssion/#post473
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm fairly certain that Synergy won't have any extra Fury generation.

Sup and Serv are both balanced to give the warlock roughly X damage. Demo gets X+Y damage from Serv because of extra Fury generation, so they tacked a bonus onto Sup so it would also give X+Y benefit. That way it remains a playstyle choice instead of an optimization one.

The Y doesn't have to be in the form of Fury gen, because in the long run Fury = Damage. Making the Y in Sup a similar amount of Fury gen to Serv is just easier than rebalancing the demon's damage for Demo. With Synergy being unique to Demo they can simply tune it to have X+Y benefit from the start. There's no need for it to give two different benefits, as long as the result is roughly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    And the 100 tier is pure garbage right now. DS is out with GoSac. Cataclysm is the biggest piece of shit talent in any tree, anywhere. CR simply offloads your Incinerate damage on to Chaos Bolt, making you even less mobile (if that's even possible at this point.)
    At this point I feel like Demonology is our only hope of having a viable spec, like xskarma said.

Which irks me to no limit... I hate demonology...

Deleted
    I don't get what the god damn deal is with them not giving us Fel Flame back... It existed for a reason. I feel so dumb walking around doing nothing after i use up Conflagrate stacks and put a RoF down. This frustrates me more than it should. :/

Considering they recently gave moonfire-spamming back to boomkins, I don't get it either.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Considering they recently gave moonfire-spamming back to boomkins, I don't get it either.
    Class balance consistency hasn't been a WoW-dev-team strong point for a long time.

In regards to pet and gateway despawning, has the system become a bit more lax? I haven't really had any concrete situations on the beta where I could get a proper overview of how that situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    In regards to pet and gateway despawning, has the system become a bit more lax? I haven't really had any concrete situations on the beta where I could get a proper overview of how that situation is.
    During raid testing so far the rooms aren't very big so I haven't gotten to test it completely(if you meant on death then yes they still despawn on death), but no pet despawning is alive and well and fucking annoying in anything with a personal phasing intermission. Or any sort of phasing intermission.

Pet despawns very easily if you jump off a cliff in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds. At least for me.

On live, the pet would just follow you doing the intended path with increased movement speed (based on similar encounters/dungeons). On beta, I saw my observer stare at me from distance and then disapear -.-

I've been doing Siegecrafter HC tries recently which is why I ask. I was messing around with some stuff and had a pet for a few of the tries. Whenever I got targetted by a laser and had to run away the damn thing would despawn on me.

Holinka is currently playing on the beta in PVP in Ashran, interestingly enough he also goes with the only viable lvl 90 talent

Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock