the t11 fel flame bonus was 300% , fel flame did insane damage in those times . i think they nerfed the bonus to make people not use it after. Like they nerfed the 4 set T14, the real one reduced the cd of darksoul by 30%, it was insane too so they nerfed it to a 10% increased damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kornoth View Post
    the t11 fel flame bonus was 300% , fel flame did insane damage in those times . i think they nerfed the bonus to make people not use it after. Like they nerfed the 4 set T14, the real one reduced the cd of darksoul by 30%, it was insane too so they nerfed it to a 10% increased damage.
    Other way around on T11. The original numbers meant using it was a DPS loss, so they buffed it through the nose to make it worth casting. It's one of the best tier bonuses we've ever had imho, since it buffed mobility as well as offering a minor DPS increase; I'd have loved to see it reinstated as a talent in place of KjC.

Looks like Dark Intent will be granting Multistrike:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/134...2014-6-13-2014
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Strangely, it states that Blood Pact is a passive aura from the Warlock which grants 10% stam to friendly raid or party members within 10 yards.

I'm not sure I understand this change, unless they meant 40 yards. If so, then that means warlocks provide 10% SP, 10% Stam, Multistrike, CoE, and Gateway. That's a lot of raid utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Strangely, it states that Blood Pact is a passive aura from the Warlock which grants 10% stam to friendly raid or party members within 10 yards.

I'm not sure I understand this change, unless they meant 40 yards. If so, then that means warlocks provide 10% SP, 10% Stam, Multistrike, CoE, and Gateway. That's a lot of raid utility.
    CoE went the way of the Dodo.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

All other raid buffs read 100 yard range. Given it also says BP affects "the Monk" i'd say it is a typo.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Complete changes as I saw them:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Buffs/Debuffs

Curse of the Elements has been removed.

Dark Intent now grants 5% Multistrike instead of 10% Stamina.

Blood Pact
    is a new passive ability for Warlocks which grants 10% Stamina to the Warlock and all allies within 10 yards.

Self Healing

Drain Life now heals for 1.5% of maximum health per tick (up from 1.0%).
    Harvest Life now increases the healing from Drain Life to 3% of maximum health per tick (up from 2.5%).

Blood Pact seems to be a passive aura, much like Boomkins offer. Odds are if it stays it will have the same sort of range. The "Monk" typo is really weird though.
    The Multistrike added on to Dark Intent is odd. It also isn't really that big of a deal either. 5% of a tertiary stat isn't going to mean a lot in the big picture.
    All "weakness" debuffs have been removed. Can't complain about that. We lose some of our toolbox but that was easily the most annoying tool we had. Gateway has already been changed and nerfed so much I don't consider the WoD version too high on utility. Reduced range with increased cooldown doesn't offer a lot. With Healthstone now directly competing with Health Potions and only having one charge again combined with the other nerfs/removals we really don't offer a ton to a raid. I figure we likely need the oddball 5% Multistrike to keep us at a certain level of usefulness.

I still don't understand what they're doing with Drain Life. If they make it good enough to cast that's the point where people consider it to be too Overpowered and it will just be nerfed again, making it not worth casting. I don't see there being a winnable scenario with that spell.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    CoE went the way of the Dodo.
    I must've missed that in the notes somewhere. I saw weakened blows and physical reduction were removed, along with other sources of magic taken, but I didn't see CoE removal anywhere.

Why CoE?

Multistrike is not a tertiary stat, it's a secondary just like haste/crit/mastery.

I imagine the Blood Pact 10y thing is just a missed second zero, and it'll be 100y like all of the other passive aura abilities.

Also, RIP in peace Curse of the Elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filabane View Post
    I still don't understand what they're doing with Drain Life. If they make it good enough to cast that's the point where people consider it to be too Overpowered and it will just be nerfed again, making it not worth casting. I don't see there being a winnable scenario with that spell.
    Drain Life is the one spell that keeps Warlocks fit Blizzard's own feature description of the class as "Curses and Drains". Without it only Affliction has a Drain spell, and technically with the removal of CoE only Affliction has any Curses left too. You could argue Doom and Agony are still there, but lack the name, but that still leaves out Destro. Without Drain Life Destro has neither Curses nor Drains.

I understand our class make over and this ability pruning has left more classes removed from the official site's class descriptions, but damn, let's keep SOME of the original flavour of the class as the evil casters in tact. I mean, when you look at us, as a class, what makes us the dark caster class anymore? It pretty much solely relies on our use of Demon pets these days.

I understand the process of what has happened, and losing CoE wasn't like some final straw, but man it does make you wonder if they aren't stripping away identity too much from classes in this process.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, well that clears that up: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...82092016967680

Originally Posted by Celestalon
    Another FYI: The Blood Pact range is 100yd, not 10yd. Sorry for the typo!

Rygarius confirmed on twitter that Blood Pact is 100 yards, in line with all the other aura buffs: https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/477567384073428992

edit/update: well it looks like it took me more than five minutes to find that quote, because I didn't see xskarma's posting of Celestalon's clarification
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It seems that ALL damage taken debuffs have been removed, from all classes.

Apparently Blizzard consider the Versatility stat to be the replacement for all the debuffs...
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-06-13 at 11:28 PM.

Is the CoE being added to some other spell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Is the CoE being added to some other spell?
    Nope, all gone, from every class.

still waiting for the day they give demonology improved AoE harvest life back... solved some of our melee range issues- though with the buffs they'd need to tone it back or have DR for lots of mobs on the healing/damage. idk.. one can wish

Ever since Wrath these expansions have just been about blizzard trying to inject new life into the game by doing drastic changes, which IMO doesn't necessarily work. They also seem to be very rigid about trying or even considering much of the feedback that players are giving. Anyone else notice that the changes they're doing for the warlock each patch are very very minimal, and i know they're not the only class that's faces this issue.

There are so many issues with that last tier of talents and their synergy to other specs/talents and yet they haven't really done anything about it.Hopefully they look into it later on during the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    Ever since Wrath these expansions have just been about blizzard trying to inject new life into the game by doing drastic changes, which IMO doesn't necessarily work. They also seem to be very rigid about trying or even considering much of the feedback that players are giving. Anyone else notice that the changes they're doing for the warlock each patch are very very minimal, and i know they're not the only class that's faces this issue.

There are so many issues with that last tier of talents and their synergy to other specs/talents and yet they haven't really done anything about it.Hopefully they look into it later on during the beta.
    To be fair Celestalon said on twitter that Warlocks and 2 other classes ability pruning was getting a round 2 (like everyone else), so euh, hold on to your butts.