Page 9 of 231 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not usually one to complain about frost mages, but they don't seem to have endured any significant nerfs, either. Sure, they've been scaled back, but like warriors, the nerfs are a rather minor concern. Why warlocks lost a damage on the move spell that is hardly game-breaking, is beyond me. I suppose it's driven by similar balancing concerns as those behind making PoM/Poly no longer work, when PoM is arcane only.

According to some people we should just 'deal with it', though.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-04-04 at 06:24 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the changes make perfect sense to me but as some other's not removing CoE is slightly questionable.

I personally have used Soulshatter quite literally once or twice this expansion. You will never be needing it unless your tanks are incompetent or you are starting to hit the mobs 5 seconds before the pull. With the removal of vengeance the AoE snapthreat of tanks will also be relatively stronger.

The removal of Fel Flame is a good thing IMO. It makes moving a lot more punishing and forces you to plan well ahead. Destro will still have conflagrates and rain of fire, demo can pool demonic fury and go meta, affli can refresh DOTS. There's also always KJC if the movement is absolutely necessary. What comes to pvp they are also removing the silence portion of interrupts so you'll just have to start your cast again. Affliction might need some tuning though but if killing totems is so important you could always use an imp and with the other nerfed pet abilities it doesn't come with a big cost anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Um, when was Fel Flame ever an issue to anyone but the mentally... slow? Why on earth would they remove it? I haven't had the time to review the other classes' changes barring mage, which seem ok mostly, but I hope they will be nerfing CC across the board, including warrior CC.
    Nope, melee keep all their gap closers and interrupts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    Most of the changes make perfect sense to me but as some other's not removing CoE is slightly questionable.

I personally have used Soulshatter quite literally once or twice this expansion. You will never be needing it unless your tanks are incompetent or you are starting to hit the mobs 5 seconds before the pull. With the removal of vengeance the AoE snapthreat of tanks will also be relatively stronger.

The removal of Fel Flame is a good thing IMO. It makes moving a lot more punishing and forces you to plan well ahead. Destro will still have conflagrates and rain of fire, demo can pool demonic fury and go meta, affli can refresh DOTS. There's also always KJC if the movement is absolutely necessary. What comes to pvp they are also removing the silence portion of interrupts so you'll just have to start your cast again. Affliction might need some tuning though but if killing totems is so important you could always use an imp and with the other nerfed pet abilities it doesn't come with a big cost anymore.
    Pooling Fury for movement is about the most retarded waste of the resource that you can do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the voidwalker having Disarm was a problem?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    Interrupts come with lockouts, as I am sure you are aware. This isn't a sensible removal of the spell. Or should they remove Ice Lance from frost because it may be used to destroy a totem? No wait, best not to answer that, Blizzard might go do just that.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    But the voidwalker having Disarm was a problem?
    All disarms are gone. Yes, that means Casters can be interupted and locked out, melee are basically immune to anything but the most basic of CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Pooling Fury for movement is about the most retarded waste of the resource that you can do with it.
    You can also not cast anything or spec KJC. More interesting decisions is not in my opinion never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Overwriting dots will be a non factor in WoD due to snapshot removal.

Afaik eclipse will still snapshot, but it's not as bad as you're making out.
    Run simcraft for a boomie with no/light movement and run it again with heavy movement. The dps diff is abissal.

felflame is a pvp spell not pve.

wanna remove felflame? OK. remove shocks, icelance, infernoblast etc etc etc. or better yet, remove spell reflect effects

#edit: lost my shit. my point still stands
    Last edited by Zharradan; 2014-04-04 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    We're talking about WoD not 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    All disarms are gone. Yes, that means Casters can be interupted and locked out, melee are basically immune to anything but the most basic of CC.
    Pretty much. Still waiting for the warrior nerfs they said. Still waiting..

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? You mean WoD where melee is unstoppable except for a few cc's. Casters can still get interrupted despite being IMMOBILE. Warriors still conveniently having a root outside of root dr's on top of spell reflect and short cd berserking rage. I am not even going to start with their immunity to mesmerize effects and that thing is already nerfed to 30 sec cooldown. By the time it is up, they already have a way to remove it.

How convenient to be a warrior. Ugh.

Yep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus charms and fears share DR.

Indeed, and the problem still exists.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-04-04 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Huh? You mean WoD where melee is unstoppable except for a few cc's. Casters can still get interrupted despite being IMMOBILE. Warriors still conveniently having a root outside of root dr's on top of spell reflect and short cd berserking rage. I am not even going to start with their immunity to mesmerize effects and that thing is already nerfed to 30 sec cooldown. By the time it is up, they already have a way to remove it.

Yep.
    You're forgetting about Hamstring going passive and being baked into certain core abilities. So even if we do choose KJC and try to go anywhere, we actually won't be able to.

Cool, tank dies, I'm the next to die and have no ability to escape it.

Also no instant damage for all three specs, perfect solution to the warlock domination of 2% adds, totems, banners and the like. We're clearly too strong in that regard and it should fall on other classes to be able to provide low instant damage.

I didn't expect the dumbing down to be this much. We had too much raid utility so instead of making other classes better they just cut it all away. I'm a little worried that this end of instant spells etc is going to negatively affect raiding. Seems like the bosses will be fairly bland. Lots of this spell is stronger now, but we are taking this one away.

So sad to see soulshatter go, one of my favorite spells for so many reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Pretty much. Still waiting for the warrior nerfs they said. Still waiting..

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.
    I'm not talking to you

Yeah, if I were huge Affliction fanboy I would be counting the days until my sub ran out. I feel bad for you guys that play it all the time. The spec is literally going to be about 10 percent of the difficulty it is in Mists, even with Affdots. No snapshotting, no execute rotation changes, no Drain Soul add sniping.

And Cataclysm Demonology had AWFUL mobility even with Fel Flame. Fel Flame is only as powerful as the devs make it.

Gonna miss fel flame Hope they change their minds.

Affliction is going to be so boring if they don't add some spice back into it. I'm actually shocked they didn't come down much harder on Destro out of the gate. I thought for sure they'd put shadowburn down to one ember from two. Still plenty of time I guess.

I know they've been around for some time now but I really hate the 100 talents. The pet choice is so boring - and I feel like it makes the imp redundant unless you need a dispel. Cataclysm is fine I guess, but of course I doubt it will be ideal single target. And the left talent... well none of those look like much fun, let alone useful. I almost feel like they're all imposing restrictions and penalties rather than real benefit.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

15+ Year Old Account
    people calm your tits, really this is alpha, we´ll get nerfed when beta ends you know this, everyone knows this, you can´t really have forgotten all the other addons already
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

well at least this fixes our flavor of the month problem
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    well at least this fixes our flavor of the month problem
    True, if warlocks were warriors, or PVE were PVP.