Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

If you could choose one new spec for your class, what would it be?

If you could invent a 4th spec, what would you choose?

My favourite class is the rogue, so If I'd choose a new spec called Nightblade, based on inspiration from Rift. I really liked the concept although it didn't work out well in their gameplay, I'm sure bliz could do it properly. It almost sounds similar to a demon hunter.

Basically the nightblade is a Fire/Arcane/Shadow melee dps with mild range capabilities. It combines melee auto attacks with ranged finishers and combo point generators. My suggestion is that it only had ranged finishers (which can be used in melee range) rather than having separate abilities with melee dealing more damage.

-------------

What would you choose? As a remind we have (you may use this as a template) we have:

Death Knights -
    Druid -
    Hunter -
    Mage -
    Monk -
    Paladin -
    Priest -
    Rogue -
    Shaman -
    Warlock -
    Warrior -

Deleted
    My spec will be called "Lag" it disconnects anyone within a 40yd range and makes me untouchable, the lag will be so potent that even NPC's will DC in my presence.

In all seriousness I guess i would like a Witch Doctor type spec for locks, or DK's, whichever class its more fitting for.

I'ma steal from Daily Blink here, and say a Triage Spec for Warriors.

We heal like Monks, by punching things - but we punch our raid members instead.

Bandages will be used. Sometimes.

We'd have a battle rez, which just consists of us focusing the member in question and, ahem, "yelling at the pansy mage to get up, it's just a flesh wound!'

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin: Templar (DPS Protection).
    Paladin: Shockadin/what ever fitting name (DPS Holy-Ranged).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Melee/tank shadow priest with a Venom-like shadowform. Punching stuff with huge shadow fists.

10+ Year Old Account
    monk - ranged dps using int.. Currently if you play a mistweaver you need to hoard a set of agility and stamina gear/ weapons in addition to int/spirit if you want to solo effectively

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    monk - ranged dps using int.. Currently if you play a mistweaver you need to hoard a set of agility and stamina gear/ weapons in addition to int/spirit if you want to solo effectively
    I havnt actually played monks (or mop or cata) but that sounds promising, especially if you have the gear already from healing then it isnt stupid. Same logic could be applied to paladins, shockadin dps sounds decent.

I dont think we will get or need any sort of ranged tank though, it sounds too unusual. A melee mage or something that can utilise spell daggers for melee would be interesting but not necessarily practical.

Deleted
    Rogue - Finesse spec (evasion based tank)

Deleted
    Hunter - Companion (Melee beast master... couldnt come up with a better name atm)
    It would be that you're at melee range all the time fighting alongside your beast. But the beast stands for 50% of the outgoing damage and skills. So basicly that would turn you into a sort of weak rogue on your own but with your pet it comes up to the power of any other class around. You'd be able to manage your pet and divide your damage on different targets. As in your pet hits the main boss in a fight and you run around trying to hot other spawn mobs.
    It would be a lot micro management as you'd have half of your skills would be with him. Could be an advantage in mobile fights where it's hard to keep up with the opponent and the pet could easily auto follow.
    Could be tankish specc as you could throw focus of the opponents attack between you and your pet.
    Anyway, thats my idea. Weak ass melee hunter with a micromanagement-heavy pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Good name for a Shockadin would be Inquisitor.

Would like a healing spec for my hunter, so I can actually do something other than herpderpdps without rerolling and losing all my reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue - Shortbow spec

I love being a stealthy archer in other games (mainly Elder Scrolls) and would love to play one in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for Death Knights to be capable of a necromancer/lich spec. That way there would be another use for int plate and would give the class a whole new feel. The lich spec, in my image, would have a lich form that, upon shifting into, would convert base str into int and give you a spell power boost. Your spells would consist of a mixture of shadow, frost, and shadowfrost.

As for necromancer I'm not so sure, the ideas that I have remind me of affliction too much. I guess you would wear either int plate or maybe even cloth, with base str converted into int. You would summon undead to fight for you, spread diseases, cast shadow magic, explode corpses for AoE damage(and like the beta build of MoP, apply diseases to w/e it hits) and maybe even summon undead that act like the zombie dogs from Diablo 3, exploding after you send them in. Or another idea I just got, your summoned ghouls will eat corpses to gain stacks that affect how much damage you can explode them for.

I'd totally play either of those specs.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

Deleted
    Dont think a ranged spec for rogues make sense, and healing would make even less sense, so I would have to go with tank rogue, basicly a ton of dodge, like when rogue tanking was actually (semi-)viable back in tbc.

Would like to see a Lightning spec for Mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

I'd like to have a caster Druid spec that actually casts nature magic instead of this confounding, muddled arcane/random green bolt mishmash that is Balance.

Death Knights - Lichbourne, a mighty spell caster fluent in necromancy and frost / shadow spells
    Druid - N/A
    Hunter - Predator, Range Rogue,uses stealth abilities, no pet (BM becomes melee tank too!)
    Mage - Conjurer - Basically a alchemist making pots in battle, runes, concoctions - Healer
    Monk - Cenobite - Range caster (I have no clue about spells here)
    Paladin - Templar - Spell DPS (Shockadin)
    Priest - Bishop - Holy dps
    Rogue - Savagery - Tank
    Shaman - Warder - Tank
    Warlock - Witch Doctor - Heals
    Warrior - Champion - Sword and Board deeps

Let see... if I were going to attempt this I would probably refocus the existing specs as well so each has a defined flavor.

Death Knight - Blood (War) / Frost (Famine) / Unholy (Death) / Plague (Pestilence)

In this case I would add two permanent Death Runes for a total of 8 runes.

Blood = Tank / self healing, life draining
    Frost = DPS / control, movement
    Unholy = DPS / pets, utility
    Plague = DPS / DoTs, multi dotting aoe

Swashbuckler spec for Rogue, bring back the buckler and make them use AGI maces. (tank) elusiveness and a poison that adds threat.

Inquisitor/Exorcist for Paladin - Ranged DPS spec

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Inquisitor/Exorcist for Paladin - Ranged DPS spec
    Ah, yes, that's what names would fit. Aye, Holy Ranged DPS. *nods*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..