Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    I'm trying to add "Time to next Eclipse" using Lua and it's more-so the text editor, in-game, not liking my code. So I'll try to add it later. But for now, most of my time today was spent learning WA's structure. And now that's pretty much gtg.

Here's what I have so far.
    http://imgur.com/OYIuIvV
    It looks nice! Are you going to be putting in markers for when to cast Stellar Flare? Idk if it's possible but you could have a dynamic marker that slides according to current haste.

And if you wanna get really cool, add moonfire/sunfire trackers to the ends or something. (Make them movable and affdots style?)

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Lappee thoughts on Boomy thus far? Is it looking better than mop and does it look like it can compete for top rankings? Ive always played warlock but ive been watching hotted stream wod boomy quite a bit and it is looking a lot nicer to play for sure.
    PvE wise, I still hate the new eclipse mechanic. Just doesnt quite feel like Im in control of it. Leveling and PvP wise the changes so far are awesome.

@lappee
    For the pure timer, we could manually import the formulas for SWE:

MAX(-100,MIN(100,105*SIN(T*PI()/20)))
    MAX(-100,MIN(100,-105*SIN(T*PI()/20)))

But I don't know a "good solution" to the issues caused be AC, aside from tacking on 0.3sec worth of time every 0.10sec channeling AC.
    Pure timers are just pain in the ass to make. Need to check different things all the time like CA, CA glyph, AC, Eclipse point when combat starts (if it isnt @ 0) etc, I'd much rather prefer if the game told us the sine value instead of eclipse energy :/.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    action.starsurge.recharge_time<3

I can add in starsurge charges to the sample table, I'll just hack in a buff that returns the current amount of charges available. Eclipse Energy will be a little more difficult, but I think I can do it by disabling mana from showing up there and telling it that eclipse is the primary resource. I'll try and add it in sometime today.
    That would be really helpful, cheers!

I'm trying to add "Time to next Eclipse" using Lua and it's more-so the text editor, in-game, not liking my code. So I'll try to add it later. But for now, most of my time today was spent learning WA's structure. And now that's pretty much gtg.

Here's what I have so far.
    http://imgur.com/OYIuIvV

@Collision
    Thank you for the source code link
    I have something similar made into the addon (Time till eclipse changes, aka goes past 0 marker, which is what i personally care about and needed for the addon).
    Code:
    if GetEclipseDirection() == 'moon' then
    	moon = true
    else
    	moon = false
    end

currentPowerTime = math.asin(UnitPower('player', SPELL_POWER_ECLIPSE)/105)/math.pi*20
    if moon then
    	eclipseAfterCast = math.sin((currentPowerTime-castingTimeLeft)*math.pi/20)*105
    else
    	eclipseAfterCast = math.sin((currentPowerTime+castingTimeLeft)*math.pi/20)*105
    end

if moon and eclipseAfterCast > 0 then
    	eclipseChangeTime = abs(currentPowerTime)
    elseif moon and eclipseAfterCast < 0 then
    	eclipseChangeTime = 20 - abs(currentPowerTime)
    elseif not moon and eclipseAfterCast < 0 then
    	eclipseChangeTime = abs(currentPowerTime)
    else
    	eclipseChangeTime = 20 - abs(currentPowerTime)
    end

Now obviously you dont need castingTimeLeft and eclipseAfterCast there so you can remove them and replace (if needed) with current eclipse (incase of eclipseAfterCast) and you'll should have it, more or less (still gets fucked up @ 100 energy, stopping at 8.02 something seconds and continuing from there after ~4seconds). Hopefully it helps abit
    Last edited by lappee; 2014-08-17 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidboii View Post
    It looks nice! Are you going to be putting in markers for when to cast Stellar Flare? Idk if it's possible but you could have a dynamic marker that slides according to current haste.

And if you wanna get really cool, add moonfire/sunfire trackers to the ends or something. (Make them movable and affdots style?)
    I'll be leaving those tools for myself.

@lappee
    ...I get easily annoyed when I have no idea what I'm doing.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    Ive looked at Lock and WW Monk and both don't seem to be as enjoyable as the Boomkin looks. Might be time to convert!

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    snip
    You could track the peak buffs start times and check for AC and CA, which is more accurate than the recalculation from the quantized eclipse power. Start of combat needs another solution.

I've been reading this thread for a while now, but there's still things in the rotation I'm not quite sure of, well, actually there's a lot of things.
    I get what you guys are saying with all the math here, and I understand that there's a point on the bar where you should change from SF/Wrath and the other way around.
    But what's the general rotation right now? Because I'm 100% lost. /sadchicken

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    I've been reading this thread for a while now, but there's still things in the rotation I'm not quite sure of, well, actually there's a lot of things.
    I get what you guys are saying with all the math here, and I understand that there's a point on the bar where you should change from SF/Wrath and the other way around.
    But what's the general rotation right now? Because I'm 100% lost. /sadchicken
    Generally speaking. Press Starfire or Wrath a lot. SS near peaks. Keep DOTs rolling.
    WOD Moonkin in general terms.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

So, due to how our cooldown system works, it might be more of a bitch than I thought to get starsurge to show up in the sample sequence table. However, the other part was mega-easy, and I also enabled the graph for it:

OOoOooOo

I'm still looking for a way to hack in starsurge showing up.

Lappe, I told you the wrong expression earlier. It's stellar_flare,if=remains<7 ... not stellar_flare,if=duration<7
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2014-08-17 at 10:39 AM.

Generally speaking. Press Starfire or Wrath a lot. SS near peaks. Keep DOTs rolling.
    WOD Moonkin in general terms.
    That sounds hard xD
    JK.

I guess the Balance guide will be updated just before 6.0 hits?

Deleted
    Tried some other classes (dk, lock, rogue, mage, monk) this morning, still cant find anything as enjoyable as the boomkin to play. Ok boomy doesnt have the highest damage but its playstyle is better

Tried some other classes (dk, lock, rogue, mage, monk) this morning, still cant find anything as enjoyable as the boomkin to play. Ok boomy doesnt have the highest damage but its playstyle is better
    Whatever you do, don't try out warrior... it's completely terrible compared to MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshmilor View Post
    You could track the peak buffs start times and check for AC and CA, which is more accurate than the recalculation from the quantized eclipse power. Start of combat needs another solution.
    Yeah, but on the other hand im not sure if theres any need to know the timer at that point, its more useful at <60 energy anyway to know if theres time to refresh sunfire at the end of the cast, which we can get easily from eclipse energy the game gives us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Lappe, I told you the wrong expression earlier. It's stellar_flare,if=remains<7 ... not stellar_flare,if=duration<7
    So thats why my dots had so low uptime in sims...
    Anyhow I didnt care that much about them in the end, having more of a headache with starsurge usage in sims. Trying out with more "intelligent" approach, aka trying to make sure we have one starsurge available for every peak. But for some reason I'm having like 20% less starsurges overall (which shouldnt change, not that much atleast) compared to simming with default profile

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds hard xD
    JK.

I guess the Balance guide will be updated just before 6.0 hits?
    The guide would be like 10 lines long... Also single target dps is easy enough with an addon. Multitarget makes it a little more difficult (need to figure out how to code it into addon properly at some point) but shouldnt be "that" hard

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment in beta, theres like only warriors that deal more damage than moonkins (in skada mages might, but it bugs out with prism so)

The guide would be like 10 lines long... Also single target dps is easy enough with an addon. Multitarget makes it a little more difficult (need to figure out how to code it into addon properly at some point) but shouldnt be "that" hard
    That sounds... Even more mindless than it is now.

But anyways, I hope there'll be some sort of skill to it, I'd be sad if there wasn't.

PS: If you make an AddOn like that Lappe, please share <3<33
    Last edited by restoxpresso; 2014-08-17 at 03:32 PM.

That sounds... Even more mindless than it is now.

But anyways, I hope there'll be some sort of skill to it, I'd be sad if there wasn't.
    The skill comes in with handling the encounter mechanics

Deleted
    Only warrior beating boomy? Hah sounds good. How have they been for general pve soloing quests etc?

Only warrior beating boomy? Hah sounds good. How have they been for general pve soloing quests etc?
    They havent done any tuning yet so everything is going to change. Atm moonkins are gods for soloing quests etc, thanks to starfall. It might be rough if you dont have good gear but with one, oh man.. so awesome

Deleted
    They havent done any tuning yet so everything is going to change. Atm moonkins are gods for soloing quests etc, thanks to starfall. It might be rough if you dont have good gear but with one, oh man.. so awesome
    Hehe that's good i'll keep my fingers crossed as i'm wanting Boomkin to be my only toon in WoD keep us updated!

Lappee are you working on an addon or just saying addons in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    Lappee are you working on an addon or just saying addons in general?
    I worked on one a week ago or so. Got single target priorities quite abour right (atleast what I'd think is "right", all the latest logs/results I've posted are done with it). I'd like to get multitarget working properly on it but that requires a lot more work on it. Basically the addon would just tell you whats the best button to press next.

Dunno if I'll release it to public anytime soon (if at all)

I worked on one a week ago or so. Got single target priorities quite abour right (atleast what I'd think is "right", all the latest logs/results I've posted are done with it). I'd like to get multitarget working properly on it but that requires a lot more work on it. Basically the addon would just tell you whats the best button to press next.

Dunno if I'll release it to public anytime soon (if at all)
    While such an AddOn would be good to have, I don't think that it should be published.
    Think of the negative effects on the skills of the boomkin population D: