Some maths.

Single target:
    Starfall = 247,5% spd
    Starsurge +2x30% SF = 316,8% spd
    Starsurge +3x30% Wrath = 308,7% spd

DPET:
    Starfall = 165% spd/s
    Starsurge+2x30% SF = 158,4% spd/s

So there is no reason to cast starsurge if you have not talents work with it.

Fix: if you have some spare charges you can spend them on ss.
    DPET of Starsurge is just wrong, like Starfall it's a 1.5s cast, so it's:

DPET:
    Starfall = 165% spd/s
    Starsurge+2x30% SF = 211.2% spd/s

You want to cast SS on single target and Starfall with more than one target.

But i'm pretty sure there will be a new cap to starfall, because it will be waaaaaaaaaaay OP without

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Instant SS - I guess 3 of them in pvp is going to hurt - but not as much overall damage as 6 buffed starfires would for example. I think to balance this, SS will have to have either low base damage, or a low-er base damage in PVP.

Movement dps will be slightly inproved, we'll have to decide between possibly casting SS and *wasting* its buffs, or not casting anything at all.
    If it will be optimal to cast SunF at the start and end of solar, you can cast it on the run through all solar and you can cast MF between start and peak of lunar. In any way you can cast the DoT between start and peak of eclipse. It seems like our movement damage is not so low as i thought it would be.
    Last edited by Ereshmilor; 2014-05-30 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshmilor View Post
    But i'm pretty sure there will be a new cap to starfall, because it will be waaaaaaaaaaay OP without
    Well, it looks like we're going to need some situational awareness to use it again. On the other hand, we'll once again be able to pull absolutely everybody(in the whole wide world) with it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, it looks like we're going to need some situational awareness to use it again. On the other hand, we'll once again be able to pull absolutely everybody(in the whole wide world) with it.
    I assume it will still only attack creatures already in combat (I hope so).

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    I wish that there was a glyph to switch the "in combat" behaviour (whatever the default one would be). Or maybe switch depending being in group or not.

I miss using Starfall to farm large areas of spread mobs, especially at high gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    That's exactly what they are turning off.

Though we will still have Glyph of Guided Stars, so there is at least some measure of control available.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Thanks, I've read a ton of his tweets and managed to miss that one somehow. That sounds like a big problem for dungeons/cmodes and depends on the raids might not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    can anyone give a summary of what's been goingo n in the thread outside of qq?
    so like what will the general new rotation be? and will dots still snapshot eclipse?

if I understand it correctly, it'll pretty much be:
    use starsurges to increase damage while deep in an eclipse (i.e. start casting first SS at 50-ish) and deal with dots before leaving it
    is that pretty much what will be going on?
    will the buff SS gives to starfire/wrath be stackable and will there be a way to waste it like you want avoid dotting with it like backdraft?

and will haste make the meter move faster? or will it allow for more time to manage optimal usage of the SS buff
    Article put up earlier today:
    http://sentrytotem.com/classes/druid...e-wave-eclipse

Pretty much a summary of the important changes.

Anywho, Starfall pulling the world is fine. CMs won't be a big deal. Just don't use Starfall -- it won't be "that" useful in small-clump AOE. Since the damage is shared by Starsurge, we can assume Starfall (in Lunar Eclipse) won't have more DPET than SS even after 3 targets. Simply put: "You probably won't use it anyway." We cannot know when Starfall provides more DPET than SS quite yet, but we can assume it will not provide high baseline (1 target) damage.

Who knows? You might want to pull the whole room quickly, and a 40yard uncontrolled AOE might be just the thing you need! -- Further pushing the "wait and see til Beta" before thinking of changes.

can you change the wording on this: "Applies both Moonfire and Sunfire to the target. This will splash Sunfire’s periodic damage to nearby enemies."? It might change, but if I understand correctly, the periodic effect (no direct nuke effect) is put on all targets in 5yards. I feel like splash implies that it radiates damage on to nearby targets from the initial sunfire. If that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    can you change the wording on this: "Applies both Moonfire and Sunfire to the target. This will splash Sunfire’s periodic damage to nearby enemies."? It might change, but if I understand correctly, the periodic effect (no direct nuke effect) is put on all targets in 5yards. I feel like splash implies that it radiates damage on to nearby targets from the initial sunfire. If that makes sense.
    I see what you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated text

Deleted
    Unless i missed something, does SS not do spellstorm damage, meaning it scales off both solar and lunar, would it not then deal the same damage anywhere on the bar, if the bar only denotes the split of lunar and solar, but the max damage percent on the bar will never exceed say 30% base?

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    Unless i missed something, does SS not do spellstorm damage, meaning it scales off both solar and lunar, would it not then deal the same damage anywhere on the bar, if the bar only denotes the split of lunar and solar, but the max damage percent on the bar will never exceed say 30% base?
    Tooltip for SS says Spellstorm(Arcane, Nature). And it only benefits from one Eclipse at a time--the strongest Eclipse (also noted in the tooltip).

Deleted
    Then i did miss something

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    Then i did miss something
    Specificially that multi-school spells don't normally stack bonuses from different schools. Only the highest counts.

Stellar Flare is a special case we don't know yet how exactly it works.

Lvl 100 talents are looking like placeholders. I wouldnt put too much thought into them yet.

Yeah, just noting that we don't know much about it. Our level 100s were already completely replaced once now.

I think you forgot a "no" in the Wild Mushroom section...
    Wild Mushrooms are no longer part of the AOE toolkit.
    would make a tad more sense.

From Cyous' article:

"A possible fix is to snapshot the Eclipse Bonus with the actual Mastery value (the raw number) by converting the damage bonus from a percentage to the Mastery value. Any temporary effects, such as trinkets, will be added to that value. This would allow Mastery procs to exist dynamically within Eclipse’s snapshot mechanic."

I haven't actually thought about that. They made sure to remove snapshotting of stats but leave spec mechanics still snapshotting to keep some form of skillful play. But what happens when your spec's mechanic = Mastery ?

Already fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    From Cyous' article:

"A possible fix is to snapshot the Eclipse Bonus with the actual Mastery value (the raw number) by converting the damage bonus from a percentage to the Mastery value. Any temporary effects, such as trinkets, will be added to that value. This would allow Mastery procs to exist dynamically within Eclipse’s snapshot mechanic."

I haven't actually thought about that. They made sure to remove snapshotting of stats but leave spec mechanics still snapshotting to keep some form of skillful play. But what happens when your spec's mechanic = Mastery ?
    As described with the suggested fix, you simply have two values: "Perma-Mastery" and "Temp-Mastery."
    Perma-Mastery is how much Mastery you have on your gear.
    Temp-Mastery is...well...procs and stuff, obviously.
    P + T = Eclipse Bonus

You simply reformulate all spells to include "P" and "T" where "P" snapshots the current Eclipse value (100 = 30%, baseline; 0 = 15%, baseline) -- refer to the chart in the article.
    Moonfire = SP * (P + T / [MasteryRatio]) ---- converting raw mastery back into a percentage.

Then you can make DOTs update dynamically -- which they already do. The "P" value is stored within the spell data.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    I may fail horrible here, but wouldn't it be significantly easier to use:
    abs(sin(x*pi/30)) resp. abs(cos(x*pi/30)) instead of 4 different curves [two of which go negative]?

Actually, i think it would be easier to use (1+sin(x/15s*pi))*Eclipse_Bonus%/2 for Lunar and (1-sin(x/15s*pi))*Eclipse_Bonus%/2 for Solar.

You could even just go with the first and have Solar be max(Eclipse)-Lunar.
    Last edited by huth; 2014-05-30 at 07:23 PM.