Quote Originally Posted by Owlkin View Post
    Just did some testing.

Starfall don't snapshot eclipse. Best time to use it 5 seconds before max eclipse.
    It never has. Why would they change it now? Effectively, each starfall hit is a mini-nuke, not a DoT. Imo, there's better things to spend time looking into on beta. Maybe log a dungeon if you can do that with WCL atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    It never has. Why would they change it now? Effectively, each starfall hit is a mini-nuke, not a DoT. Imo, there's better things to spend time looking into on beta. Maybe log a dungeon if you can do that with WCL atm.
    I appreciate seeing the test results. The purpose of Starfall has certainly changed. It is no longer part of the single-target rotation. Why not test to see if any of its mechanics have changed?

I am so excited for the mechanic change to balance. It looks much smoother and fun to play. It's the class and spec I'm most impressed with for WOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    I am so excited for the mechanic change to balance. It looks much smoother and fun to play. It's the class and spec I'm most impressed with for WOD.
    Actually, it's REALLY hard to get used to the new rotation, and it's much less flexible, as balance power keeps moving while you DON'T dps.

You cannot work towards solar, if you know an AoE phase is incomming and the just solar nuke..
    You cannot start in lunar for single target, or even skip non-solar, which was popular in T14..

Truth to be told, they went from "easy to learn, meduim to master" to "hard to learn, extreme to master", while they wanted "easy to learn, hard to master"..

Also, with the stat squish, you have no way of knowing, if you have mastered the rotation (dps wise), as there is no way to compare MoP90 to WoD90, even when they enable addon-support...

I wonder, why does Blizzard insist on breaking druids EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION, and then use 2-2,5 tier to make it work again, only to break it 6 months later with a new expansion?
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2014-07-05 at 04:11 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Im exactly the contrary, havent even bothered playing beta due to how lackluster it sounds and feels.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Actually, it's REALLY hard to get used to the new rotation, and it's much less flexible, as balance power keeps moving while you DON'T dps.

You cannot work towards solar, if you know an AoE phase is incomming and the just solar nuke..
    You cannot start in lunar for single target, or even skip non-solar, which was popular in T14..

Truth to be told, they went from "easy to learn, meduim to master" to "hard to learn, extreme to master", while they wanted "easy to learn, hard to master"..

Also, with the stat squish, you have no way of knowing, if you have mastered the rotation (dps wise), as there is no way to compare MoP90 to WoD90, even when they enable addon-support...

I wonder, why does Blizzard insist on breaking druids EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION, and then use 2-2,5 tier to make it work again, only to break it 6 months later with a new expansion?

1) Astral Communion
    2) Doesn't matter because no snapshotting and CA pauses, doesn't reset Eclipse in WoD

3) Ehm..no. Just a bit getting used to and breaking muscle memory from MoP

4) What is this? I don't even....what? We compare damage with simulators and spreadsheets, not past expansions. Edit: What you should be doing has nothing to do with how high the number is. If optimal dps is 30k and you are doing 29-31k then whatever you were doing before this has nothing to do with it.

5) kk
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2014-07-05 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    I've been playing on beta today, still not sure if I love or hate the new playstyle.

Honestly I would of prefered it if they kept it the same as live (no auto cycle), but with the current beta talents.

Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    I've been playing on beta today, still not sure if I love or hate the new playstyle.

Honestly I would of prefered it if they kept it the same as live (no auto cycle), but with the current beta talents.
    Same. I was personally really excited for current playstyle with insect swarm, now I'm not really looking forward to it at all.

Just to clarify, if moonfire/sun fire share a button it basically brings moonkin to a 4 button rotation? 5 if you use starfall for single target?

Basic noob rotation:
    Moonfire/sun fire
    Star surge on cd or proc
    Wrath or star fire depending on eclipse state

This seems simple enough, is it possible to stack both moonfire and sunfire? Or is there a little overlap? Is maximizing that overlap the "hard to master" aspect?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Just to clarify, if moonfire/sun fire share a button it basically brings moonkin to a 4 button rotation? 5 if you use starfall for single target?

Basic noob rotation:
    Moonfire/sun fire
    Star surge on cd or proc
    Wrath or star fire depending on eclipse state

This seems simple enough, is it possible to stack both moonfire and sunfire? Or is there a little overlap? Is maximizing that overlap the "hard to master" aspect?
    I suppose so.

Optimal dot uptime
    Optimal eclipse snapshotting
    Optimal Starsurge + Empowered use
    Use of AC preemptively by knowing the fight

Most of them overlap with each other.

I thought snapshotting was done away with?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I thought snapshotting was done away with?
    Certain class mechanics keep snapshotting to retain some spec flavor. Tiger's Fury for Ferals, Eclipse energy for Balance (they are making it check eclipse energy so that Mastery procs work like everything else and don't cause confusion) are only 2 examples.

So which level 100 Talent are you guys using at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by LL Hand J View Post
    So which level 100 Talent are you guys using at the moment.
    None, as the level cap is 92. Besides, nothing is tuned yet, so it's largely meaningless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    None, as the level cap is 92. Besides, nothing is tuned yet, so it's largely meaningless anyway.
    Stellar Flare is hands-down the best at the moment.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    I can see how it could be. Just need to get as close to 0 when casting is finished right?

Quote Originally Posted by LL Hand J View Post
    I can see how it could be. Just need to get as close to 0 when casting is finished right?
    More-or-less, yeah.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    At first I hated the talent, I loved the flow and ease of Balance of Power / Euphoria. But after some reluctant dummy testing I'm loving Stellar Flare, and it fits into the rotation really well.

I'm finding my single target rotation goes like this (without cooldowns).

Stellar Flare
    Moonfire
    Starsurge
    Starfire until 100 Lunar
    Reapply Moonfire when I hit 100 Lunar
    Starsurge
    Starfire until around 20 Lunar
    Stellar Flare
    Sunfire
    Starsurge
    Wrath until 100 Solar
    Starsurge
    Wrath until around 40 Solar
    Reapply Sunfire
    Stellar Flare
    Starsurge
    Starfire until 100 Lunar

Anyone doing it differently?
    Last edited by mmocf292d7f56a; 2014-07-05 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    a kingdom for a beta key - wanna test aswell

Edit: infracted -- please contribute when posting
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2014-07-07 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazerhawk View Post
    At first I hated the talent, I loved the flow and ease of Balance of Power / Euphoria. But after some reluctant dummy testing I'm loving Stellar Flare, and it fits into the rotation really well.

I'm finding my single target rotation goes like this (without cooldowns).

Stellar Flare
    Moonfire
    Starsurge
    Starfire until 100 Lunar
    Starsurge
    Starfire until around 20 Lunar
    Stellar Flare
    Sunfire
    Starsurge
    Wrath until 100 Solar
    Starsurge
    Wrath until around 40 Solar
    Reapply Sunfire
    Stellar Flare
    Starsurge
    Starfire until 100 Lunar

Anyone doing it differently?
    Soooo.. When is the perfect time to use Stellar Flare? I don't really understand that spell.. To be honest I didn't really play my Druid a lot on beta until now since my Rogue is my main priority and MM Hunter is just so much fun.
    But I have problems getting behind the Level 90 Talents not giving any DPS increase anymore (DoC is still weird for Moonkins) and all of the Level 100 talents sound nice so I can't decide.