Why do guilds run Mut and Combat?

I see many 25man heroic guilds running a Mut rogue and a Combat rouge. Why do they do this? Why not just run 2 combat rogues for even MORE dps? It was just something I wanted to know. Is it because of HWF daggers dropping? That could be my only guess. post up peeps! Thanks

I would imagine its because assassination pulls higher single target dps

Shadowcraft has my single target way better for combat than mut

As a subtlety rogue doing fine in heroics I feel left out. Talking about assassination without even mentioning the god spec (sub)

I like sub. I just left it out because it seems like most of the 25man heroic guilds only have mut and combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistiix View Post
    Shadowcraft has my single target way better for combat than mut
    Shadowcraft isn't intended for cross-spec comparisons -- the values shouldn't be taken as in-game values, but as random values for comparative states within a spec.

That said, assassination is not higher single target than combat at the moment, unless the majority of combat players are currently playing better than the majority of assassination players, in 25H. I find that doubtful. Assassination brings good DPS specifically on H Garrosh, which may influence spec choice for higher-end guilds. Beyond that, it's not crippling, and people play what they want.

play the way you want.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistiix View Post
    I see many 25man heroic guilds running a Mut rogue and a Combat rouge. Why do they do this? Why not just run 2 combat rogues for even MORE dps? It was just something I wanted to know. Is it because of HWF daggers dropping? That could be my only guess. post up peeps! Thanks
    There's no all-round answer. Might be because they have it on farm status and no one really cares that much what spec someone runs as long as it's reasonably close to the top spec. Might be because the rogue didn't get proper one handers yet. There's a bunch of reasons you can come up with, and it'll vary from guild to guild.

Deleted
    My guess would be bad drops or personal aspects. I myself play assa/sub with a haste reforge so i dont need to reforge every time i switch between sub and assa. I wan't to give combat a try but i cant get my hands on any hcwf weapons. Also I'm on belt-duty, engi-duty etc where i find sub the better choice. So i run with 2 specs i can switch between without it taking too much time/effort and delaying the raid.

Also i think alot of ppl run assa since it's (imo) the most braindead specc. And during farm you'd rather just relax doing good enough dps for the job to get done, not optimizing specc for every fight.

Deleted
    An other point to take into account is the input/connection lag (input lag is very upsetting in 25, especially at boss pull), which impacts much more combat than mut. Some player prefer to stay mut because of that.