Thread: New Ogre Model

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    thank god I never played when that was the ogre model lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Funny how each new Ogre model makes them less fat and more muscular.

They've come a long way in 10 years.

Oh God THE MEMORIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I agree, I'd like to see female Ogres and more variety to make them seem more intelligent too.
    Knowing WoW devs, they'll put their brains in their chest. Still a female version would be nice, just for the sake of diversity if nothing else.

Still sticking to my tinfoil hat theory that the Frostridge Ogres, the predecessors to the Ogri'la, become a friendly Horde faction, and that a faction of Arrakoa, lead by Grizzik, becomes loyal to the Alliance, they become playable races in the expansion following WoD. Fresh Ogre recruits from Frostfire are sent to the Valley of Trials to test their worth, and Arrakoa recruits are sent to Goldshire to enlist in the Alliance military.

No dick will go unsucked if this becomes a reality.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Still sticking to my tinfoil hat theory that the Frostridge Ogres, the predecessors to the Ogri'la, become a friendly Horde faction, and that a faction of Arrakoa, lead by Grizzik, becomes loyal to the Alliance, they become playable races in the expansion following WoD. Fresh Ogre recruits from Frostfire are sent to the Valley of Trials to test their worth, and Arrakoa recruits are sent to Goldshire to enlist in the Alliance military.

No dick will go unsucked if this becomes a reality.
    It could happen in a patch in WoD. New business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It could happen in a patch in WoD. New business strategy.
    Unlikely that a race would be a patch feature, playable races are usually the selling point of a new expansion so I doubt they would pass up that opportunity.
    You just lost The Game

Unlikely that a race would be a patch feature, playable races are usually the selling point of a new expansion so I doubt they would pass up that opportunity.
    Or the selling point of a mid expansion drop!

I love all the new models of WoD so much but I don't know, I'm not really a fan of these new ogres ! They're better than the previous ones but I don't know, I still hope they'll improve them somehow !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    I love all the new models of WoD so much but I don't know, I'm not really a fan of these new ogres ! They're better than the previous ones but I don't know, I still hope they'll improve them somehow !
    If they ever want to become playable i think they need to get on par with Cho'gall (atleast the heads)

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    If they ever want to become playable i think they need to get on par with Cho'gall (atleast the heads)
    Yeah something like that ! But I still hope they'll one day be playable along with arrakoas (I would really love to play an arrakoa haha, I love that race so muuuuuch, they're so intriguing and mystical ) ! I agree with previous posts, maybe it'll happen in the middle of this expansion pack (or maybe into the next one... or maybe never, I know).

Deleted
    Who doesn't want to smash some faces with an Ogre dual-wielding some of those nice stone clubs from the front page? I'm so looking forward to those weapons.

I can't put my finger on it but something looks off here.
    And those painted teeth really are a shame, the polygons to give them actual teeth would have really brought it to life more. Maybe seeing it animated will make it more appealing to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Making ogres playable though would be fantastic, with a pandaren quality update the two headed animations and emotes would be a wellspring of fun for the whole family, the interactions between heads would provide all kinds of flavor. If they had a two headed option, but they'd have to, or the world would disappear. Because aliens.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I can't put my finger on it but something looks off here.
    And those painted teeth really are a shame, the polygons to give them actual teeth would have really brought it to life more. Maybe seeing it animated will make it more appealing to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Making ogres playable though would be fantastic, with a pandaren quality update the two headed animations and emotes would be a wellspring of fun for the whole family, the interactions between heads would provide all kinds of flavor. If they had a two headed option, but they'd have to, or the world would disappear. Because aliens.
    I don't think two headed Ogres would be a thing if Ogres became playable. Two headed Ogres only exist because of Gul'dan's manipulations, and therefore, only exist within the Shadow Council in the Draenor timeline. If Ogres were to become playable, two headed Ogres would not make sense. The only possibility of friendly Ogres so far are regular one headed Ogres, with one or two eyes.
    You just lost The Game

I don't think two headed Ogres would be a thing if Ogres became playable. Two headed Ogres only exist because of Gul'dan's manipulations, and therefore, only exist within the Shadow Council in the Draenor timeline. If Ogres were to become playable, two headed Ogres would not make sense. The only possibility of friendly Ogres so far are regular one headed Ogres, with one or two eyes.
    Anything can be developed. And for Ogres to be magi or warlocks, they really need to be two headed for that Warcraft flavor.
    And it would be too much fun not to explore on top of it. I don't follow your theory about Ogres and Arakkoa personally, I just think Ogres will possibly happen someday and if they do, I won't rule out two headed ogres, despite the awesome April Fool's joke where 2 players had to share one body. Oh, that was lovely.

But yeah, not ruling anything out because of that. Goblins and Worgen and Pandaren all took unprecedented developments for their implementation. Thus, I shan't be surprised sir when they grace us with their lordly bulk.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Is it just me, or is this new model slightly different than the one shown at BlizzCon?
    ( http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...nWWWNext93.jpg )
    ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ft-What-s-Next )
    I mean, the model and texture looks the same, but the ones at BlizzCon look wider to me, as if they took this model and stretched it. Maybe those screenshots just have an aspect ratio problem, I don't know. What I do know is, I like this alpha model. Whether or not the BlizzCon one was supposed to look like that, I wasn't really fond of it, they were too boxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ogres get model updates almost every expansion.
    They got a model update with Dire Maul way back in patch 1.3, and one new texture was later made for some specific Twilight ogres in Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Ogres are something I want to play with my Horde characters.
    They just need more animations, emotes, new faces, tattoos, skin colours and so forth.
    Nah, they just need those animations and emotes updated (I don't know about faces, but presumably this new model will come with a wide range of skin colors like the existing ogre models do). When the ogres were updated for Dire Maul, they were given pretty much the entire slew of player animations. Those animations were later recycled for Moonkin Form, but the ogres had them first.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2014-04-10 at 08:32 PM.

Ogres are something I want to play with my Horde characters.
    Me too!!
    Anyone remember the April's fool about the two headed ogre fro wow? XDDD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Me too!!
    Anyone remember the April's fool about the two headed ogre fro wow? XDDD
    Yes that was the best 2 players playing 1 character ingame :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that they look more muscular like they are supposed to.

oh god i hate the new model!

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? People are so dead set on Arrakoa for alliance, when in reality, our timeline, Arrakoa can easily go to both sides. WoD timeline? We do not know yet, but it seems both Alliance and Horde are going to storm through and kill plenty of them before they summon their Old God. So, that would give WoD's arrakoa enough to hate both sides, losing both family and friends to the Alliance and the Horde. If you Alliance want a race that is easily on your side, take your stinkin high elves, and leave the arrakoa up to blizzard... unless they plan to add naga as well, then you can have the Arrakoa, I want a naga.

Though, ogres for the horde, while it should happen, at least with the Stonemaul clan already being in the horde, which, unlike what you are saying Shoc, would give us the ability to play 2 headed ogres, I do think they should become a playable race. This would also give a reason for Ogres from WoD timeline to join the Horde, seeing the Stonemaul Ogres, and the interaction between the two.

But, the model is actually looking pretty beast looking. I wish they would give them some hair, give them far more polygons (to the point of our new player characters), and show a female ogre.