Deleted

Post Hunter DPS on Garrosh with engineer duty

So I am just wondering if my DPS is acceptable, with doing the engineer as well. On Garrosh normal on my hunter, ilvl 556 I did 176k DPS. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but we wiped and people where complaining about DPS being low.

Now of course I am going to lose DPS on the engineer, on all other fights I am happy with my DPS for my ilvl. Is it an acceptable loss though, for my ilvl and doing the engineer is that still okay DPS for that fight.

Thanks in advance

We probably need a little more information- logs would be helpful if you can get them.

However, what did you wipe to? It's hard for me to imagine you wiping in Phase 1 due to a DPS issue, and any wipe after Phase 1, unless you hit enrage, will not depend on DPS during Phase 1.

Deleted
    Sorry maybe this is a nooby thing but I don't know about logs and all that stuff? Is this just raw logs from my wow folder or do I need an addon to record them.

The wipe was at the end phase, what we where doing, bear in mind I have only killed garrosh once is, at the end when the empowering whirling corruption is it called? would come and the adds would spawn instead of focusing the adds the tank would take them and kite them while we continue to dps the boss. We wiped a few times on like 5% and the tank kiting them said dps is not enough to do it that way.

Now when someone says DPS is not enough, and your last out of the DPS'ers you kinda feel pretty bad. I just want to know, because I was doing the engineer in phase 1 is my DPS really not enough for that fight, or it is good enough but looking bad on the meters from phase 1 engineers. 3 other DPS'ers where on like 200k and I personally think, although this is just my thinking I don't have anything to back up what I'm saying lol but I would have done 200k or more as well

There are DPS breakpoints in that fight where you'll deal with less and less empowered adds phases (and eventually none of them), which is why your Tank was saying your raid didn't have quite enough DPS.

For your own DPS, I don't think you're the problem. You should see if your other DPS players are cranking out AoE during the first phase while you're doing engineers. People love to burst up huge on all those adds and ride that out over the rest of the fight.

Garrosh gets easier with gear probably more noticeably than any other fight in SoO so if you're getting him to 5% then another clear up to him and you should definitely have it. I wouldn't worry too much about your DPS right there. The dude stuck on engineer loses out on a tremendous opening burst that everyone else gets (whether they should or not with pointless AoE).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...?s=5418&e=5927
    566 ilevel

engineers don't make you do 40% of your potential dps. You need to improve

Doing engineers should only lose you a few seconds of uptime (and a little more of uptime-without-debuffs). If you have Assurance of Consequence and take Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon then Disengage will cover most of the distance from "in range of Garrosh" to "in range of Engineer" both ways. Throw in Glyph of Disengage if you're really concerned about it.

Your DPS will be slightly lower than normal in the first phase, but as soon as the first phase ends you're right back to 100% the usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    every time i'm on engineers, I swear the rest of the group ignores the weps.

Depending on how much people are scumbaging dps in phase 1, your dmg done will look really low.

When i'm on engineers i don't do any aoe - single target all the way ( i still end up in the middle of the pack though )
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-04-14 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    If you play BM then you can leave the pet on the boss, get to the engineer, multishot him to keep AoEing boss + adds, kill the engineer and be back on the boss with no downtime on your AoE.

As BM, u can do AoE perfectly without sacrificing single target rotation. all u need to do is get ToTH and keep one multishot every 4 sec. Very few classes can maintain such aoe without compromising single target rotation to a good extent.

i was doing engineer as sv hunter, 577 ilvl, pet on boss and heroic mode, and when we finally killed it (progress) i was 2nd on boss damage done under the tank. so i think you'll be fine.

As said before, you can keep a relatively high dps if you play BM, as you do not require your pet to move out of the fight to kill the engineer. You can then control the amount of damage your pet does by keeping Beast Cleave uptime. Also, if you have the recorded data from logs, you can upload that data for us to see on WoL, etc. If you wipe early in the game, your DPS will look worse than it actually is. Because if you are on engineers, you initial burst will suffer from it, making you start behind the others who can tunnel on boss for about 5-10 more seconds. If you wipe near the end, 176k is indeed quite low, but probably not the reason you guys wipe.