Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Solo'd BT for the first time today, got a glaive...

I did a full solo clear of BT for the first time today. Prior to today my two specs were Fury and Arms, for PvE and PvP, respectively. I was never able to solo RoS as either spec due to the second phase reflecting all your damage back at you. Today I dropped my Arms spec and went Prot for future raids and whatnot, and since I had a lot of spare time I decided to go farm some old raids. RoS was a cakewalk as Prot due to all the absorbs and self-healing that I have at my disposal. Made my way up to Illidan, killed him, and lo and behold...

Did they increase the drop rate on these or something? Or maybe I was just pretty lucky. Funny thing is, I totally forgot about these until I actually got to Illidan. I was going mostly for the T6 set, which I also had a lot of luck with today - I got the helm, shoulder, chest, glove, AND leg tokens. I already have the T6-matching belt, so all I need now are the boots. Also picked up T5 chest and glove tokens.

All in all, not a bad day for me

I didnt know anyone had problems with BT since Cata?

Gratz on the glaive. A friend of mine got one glaive on his first run, the second glaive on his second. RNG is RNG

10+ Year Old Account
    I tired yesterday, alas, I got jack shit lol... congrats on your score!
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Tier tokens always dropped on every run, it was just the matter of waiting to see if you roll was higher compared to the other classes that were also eligible to roll?
    Aside from that question, it is just luck for the warglaive dropping. I'd say congratulations, but luck with the RNG gods happens to many people in the game. I plan to get these some day for my rogue alt, so for the others who are grinding the Warglaives of Azzinoth, just keep at it and don't give up. BT is easy to complete nowadays, and there are also the rep, plans, patterns and related achievements as incentives. Plus it's quick gold!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

pop defensives on ros
    Choptimus
    <Prime>
    10man #18 EU
    25man #76 EU

I've been running BT solo since I could, and only recently got a glaive; on my warlock. Not kidding. I ran it again on my monk and got one as well. Same day. About a week later I got one on my DK (yea yea I'm an altoholic to stave off the panda blues).

I think maybe they did up the %.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they didn't up the percentage of finding a Warglaive. Gratz on the kill, but soloing BT is so old news that I think you can expect someone to come here and post that... well... it's old news.

Also, I got a pair of Glaives on my hunter, and another one on my rogue for the Feat of Strength.

Pfft, I got both Bindings for Thunderfury on my DK on the first solo of MC, get on my level! :P Too lazy to make it though since it's a alt I don't care about, congratz on the glaive though!

But also for RoS, you could throttle your damage and use Second Wind, that's how I did it on my warrior. It's honestly a lot easier if you're using a monk though to solo it, because not only can you roll through most of the dungeon faster than a warrior, you can use Touch of Karma during RoS's reflect phase, and it will reflect the damage reflected on you back on them, basically doubling your damage on them.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-04-14 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats! I received my first glaive after my 4th solo run a good while back!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate you arggg :@:@@ I am on my 30th BT run, still haven't seen 1 GODDAMN GLAIVE ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on your glaive, I remember getting the glaive I needed for the FoS, Blizz must have known, as I got it on my birthday http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vement#81:a426
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the kind words Just ran it last night again and no glaive, but I did get a Bulwark of Azzinoth. Woot. Good luck to those of you who are also trying to get a pair of glaives!

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    I thought Tier tokens always dropped on every run, it was just the matter of waiting to see if you roll was higher compared to the other classes that were also eligible to roll?
    Certain bosses always drop tier tokens, yes, but its completely random as to what classes the token will be for. When I ran it yesterday I actually had ZERO Warrior tokens drop.

My first time I decided to try and solo this on my warrior after coming back to WoW something interesting happened. Went there, Main Hand dropped. SWEET right!? Decide to go to Molten Core after. Kill Garr. No effing way. A binding dropped. OK so whatever I'm thinking. I have both of those items on my DK. Run over to kill Baron Geddon. OMFG the other binding dropped. No joke, all in the same day, I got the MH glaive on my warrior and both bindings. Now waiting for the OH glaive. Oh well. Week after week and still no OH.

gz

got about 11 of them to drop myself. they're not very rare at all. probably because you do need two of them after all

15+ Year Old Account
    Soloed sunwell for the first time on my monk(was trying to get the trash polearm epic) and thori'dal dropped :S No FoS for me

Congratz! RNG gods blessed you there clearly. Been working on Al'ar and Anzu for like 2 years now and never got them. It just doesn't happen sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I did a full solo clear of BT for the first time today. Prior to today my two specs were Fury and Arms, for PvE and PvP, respectively. I was never able to solo RoS as either spec due to the second phase reflecting all your damage back at you. Today I dropped my Arms spec and went Prot for future raids and whatnot, and since I had a lot of spare time I decided to go farm some old raids. RoS was a cakewalk as Prot due to all the absorbs and self-healing that I have at my disposal. Made my way up to Illidan, killed him, and lo and behold...

Did they increase the drop rate on these or something? Or maybe I was just pretty lucky. Funny thing is, I totally forgot about these until I actually got to Illidan. I was going mostly for the T6 set, which I also had a lot of luck with today - I got the helm, shoulder, chest, glove, AND leg tokens. I already have the T6-matching belt, so all I need now are the boots. Also picked up T5 chest and glove tokens.

All in all, not a bad day for me
    I dunno... those flames seem to kill me everytime.

Deleted
    I got the a Glaive on my first BT solo run.

Unfortunately it was on my paladin, so I couldn't use it .

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice work I got Ashes on my first solo run, I got the offhand Glaive on my second BT run, No luck since, and, being Prot, I can't use it anyway

Gratz, Gratz, I have yet to see galives drop actually in game, but i got sulfuron to drop on a alt i made for the lulz, then I think about a month later both sulfuron item and 1 binding dropped in same run. Which was pretty nice.

I also got Onyxia mount on first solo attempt, I wasn't really that interested in getting it, I was just checking to see if I could solo her.
    ~Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped, turned upside down
    And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
    I'll tell you how I became the prince of a joint called Veiled stair. ~