Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    Why in the pet section do you choose a wolf over a quillen? when a quillen has a long time frame for the crit buff and also brings a additional brez
    Because the Battle Rez is garbage and 9 times out of 10 crit is covered to begin with? It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to have the pet almost on top of the corpse to rez it.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2014-04-28 at 01:54 AM. Reason: I spel gud

Quote Originally Posted by Verthill View Post
    Question is it worth switching from flex tier chest and normal tier helm to a normal chest and war forged helm if I give up 4 set?
    Essentially switching a flex item for a warforged item while dropping 4-piece. It's tough to say without simming it.

I'd suggest sticking with the 4-piece for now. Making use of the increased burst damage it provides is far more beneficial on a lot of encounters in SoO than just a flat base-line increase in damage.
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

I have a few questions about stampede usage. Mostly about using it with buffs. I was wondering about the value of stampede when used with Bloodlust/AoC/pot. For example if we don't lust on the pull and have lust start and end while AoC is down, is it better to stampede during the lust or AoC? I'm assuming you always want to pot with stampede weather its during lust or AoC.

For a more specific question in my guild on H Garrosh we lust at the start of P3 when I have BW, Stampede, and potion available but AoC is still on CD(~20sec) but will come up before lust falls off. Do I blow all CDs at the start of lust or just do BW and Stampede/pot with AoC. There's no way delaying BW 20sec is worth it right?

Idk about the specifics but delaying BW for 20 seconds (~50% of CD with AOC) is a terrible idea.

Will definitely lose you one usage of BW over that long a fight, not worth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    I have a few questions about stampede usage. Mostly about using it with buffs. I was wondering about the value of stampede when used with Bloodlust/AoC/pot. For example if we don't lust on the pull and have lust start and end while AoC is down, is it better to stampede during the lust or AoC? I'm assuming you always want to pot with stampede weather its during lust or AoC.

For a more specific question in my guild on H Garrosh we lust at the start of P3 when I have BW, Stampede, and potion available but AoC is still on CD(~20sec) but will come up before lust falls off. Do I blow all CDs at the start of lust or just do BW and Stampede/pot with AoC. There's no way delaying BW 20sec is worth it right?
    I'm in the same boat atm as my guild is just getting re-started. Basically, I pot at around 25 seconds left on lust, to sync them both together for maximum duration, but to also overlap my pot with stampede/AoC too once AoC procs. I wouldn't save your BW though, definitely not, just use that on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I'm in the same boat atm as my guild is just getting re-started. Basically, I pot at around 25 seconds left on lust, to sync them both together for maximum duration, but to also overlap my pot with stampede/AoC too once AoC procs. I wouldn't save your BW though, definitely not, just use that on CD.
    I disagree with using it always on cooldown. It is usually best to wait several seconds to wait for AoC (or other known proccs) to procc depending on whether or not you know it will procc within that time frame. Going past ~5 seconds however is when it starts to get really sketchy.

For stampede, I usually have the best results when I use it with the most amount of buffs I can muster at the time. If that means only bloodlust and a pot, I will usually go for that option, unless the boss is around 20% where i can hopefully time it with agility trinket proccs. If we lust and i see that I can take advantage of maybe 3-4 proccs or buffs in 1 minute, I will most likely hold off until then.
    The last thing you want to do however, is to get too pumped or stressed when lust goes off and feel the urge to pot, only to see that your trinkets are going to be off ICD in like 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    I disagree with using it always on cooldown. It is usually best to wait several seconds to wait for AoC (or other known proccs) to procc depending on whether or not you know it will procc within that time frame. Going past ~5 seconds however is when it starts to get really sketchy.

For stampede, I usually have the best results when I use it with the most amount of buffs I can muster at the time. If that means only bloodlust and a pot, I will usually go for that option, unless the boss is around 20% where i can hopefully time it with agility trinket proccs. If we lust and i see that I can take advantage of maybe 3-4 proccs or buffs in 1 minute, I will most likely hold off until then.
    The last thing you want to do however, is to get too pumped or stressed when lust goes off and feel the urge to pot, only to see that your trinkets are going to be off ICD in like 30 seconds.
    losing a usage of BW is much worse than not lining it up with things.

The only time I would delay BW is if you don't have at least heroic AoC and you can line it up with rabid pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    losing a usage of BW is much worse than not lining it up with things.

The only time I would delay BW is if you don't have at least heroic AoC and you can line it up with rabid pretty nicely.
    How are you going to lose a full usage of a BW by delaying it for a few seconds? These buff line-ups do not occur very frequently which force you to think about whether to use BW now, or to wait a few seconds. There are maybe one or two of these unfortunate procc chances during a farm fight. Waiting more than 5 seconds is crazy... 20 is nuts.

This is mainly aimed at single target fights since there won't be many other options for the dps. During AoE fights however, using BW on CD will almost always be your best bet.

How are you going to lose a full usage of a BW by delaying it for a few seconds? These buff line-ups do not occur very frequently which force you to think about whether to use BW now, or to wait a few seconds. There are maybe one or two of these unfortunate procc chances during a farm fight. Waiting more than 5 seconds is crazy... 20 is nuts.

This is mainly aimed at single target fights since there won't be many other options for the dps. During AoE fights however, using BW on CD will almost always be your best bet.
    lets take an example with hcwf AoC, this brings BW cd to 40 seconds and the goal is to line up every rabid with a BW

.......40s..........50s
    BW>>>>BW>>>>>>BW>>>>BW>>>>>>BW
    Rabid>>>>>>>>>>>Rabid>>>>>>>>>>>Rabid

You can see that just after 2 rabids, you have delayed your BW by 20 seconds and another 2 rabids (6min 10second fight) will cause a complete loss in a whole BW.

This situation is exacerbated when you try and line it up with more things since there are more factors to consider. Sure maybe the stars will align in one fight where you get all your procs coming off CD and BW will only be delayed a few seconds, however that is the outlier and not the norm.

AoC > Bloodlust in terms of powarh.

Bestial Wrath doesn't affect Stampede so just use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually if you delay the first lineup 10 seconds, every other Rabid, if you keep doing that, it'll still line up but this causes a loss. Doing it with the first BW/Rabid is prolly a DPS increase (tiny one, tho, like for real), all others just get outta hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    AoC > Bloodlust in terms of powarh.

Bestial Wrath doesn't affect Stampede so just use it.
    So I'd BW with lust, hold Stampede for AoC and pot then? Losing the pot on BW is worth it?

So I'd BW with lust, hold Stampede for AoC and pot then? Losing the pot on BW is worth it?
    Yeah, it is.

Hell, if you don't do the initial BW delay for Rabid I'm pretty sure that using BW on cd all the way through actually has it lining up with your second pot anyway.

Deleted

Even delaying BW by 4 seconds a time, a few times a fight can easily lose you one on a fight such as Garrosh which is over 12 minutes long.

Also, syncing Stampede with your AoC trinket is more potent than syncing it with bloodlust.
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2014-04-30 at 03:26 PM.

Best practice for the BW/Rabid thing imo is to delay the first BW like 10-ish seconds for a Rabid lineup and then just forgetting about it otherwise (lets you leave it on autocast as well since you play BW around Rabid and not the other way 'round).

https://imgur.com/e52r5bb

Sometimes AoC doesn't proc until ~10 seconds into the fight, should we still pop Stampede immediately on the pull or wait until AoC procs?

Quote Originally Posted by Amethon View Post
    Sometimes AoC doesn't proc until ~10 seconds into the fight, should we still pop Stampede immediately on the pull or wait until AoC procs?
    Should still pop Stampede immediately - getting it with the high stacks of TED (if applicable) is very powerful - not to mention that warriors usually do Shattering Throw right from the get-go, Stormlashes, Skull Banners, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amethon View Post
    Use it at the start, you will still get your TED agility proc on top of your stampede, with the chance of them both overlapping for a few seconds, even if your AoC doesn't proc immediately. Not to mention the stampede will be combined with raid wide CD's at the start too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Should still pop Stampede immediately - getting it with the high stacks of TED (if applicable) is very powerful - not to mention that warriors usually do Shattering Throw right from the get-go, Stormlashes, Skull Banners, etc.
    Damn your lightning keyboard skills

My survival guide is almost completed and should be up within the week
    Wreckér
    BM Hunter Guide at Warcraft Academy

question, what horde race is best for bm hunter for pve?