Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Just a question, since my knowledge of america is limited. Are mexicans that take low-wage job and never integrate or learn english, treated just like every american citizen?
    People who don't know English is a pretty common thing... I mean you probably haven't lived in New York but we do have Germans, Italians, Russians who speak only German, Italian, Russian.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Since before it was part of America.
    So a race, culture etc., that have been there for more than 400 years, is being tolerated. Well, I guess we'll have to see how muslims are being treated in 370 years time here in europe, to make a capable comparison

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    You need to understand the difference between academical vernacular and the dictionary definition of a particular term.
    Yeah, okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interesting. What equal rights do you think black Americans lack?
    Apparently, a black person can become the Commander-in-Chief of our entire military, the head of state and the head of government, yet America can still be called "racist."

Quote Originally Posted by Celoza View Post
    Americans think because they elect a black president they're suddenly 100% tolerant and it cleanses them of all past sins against racial minorities, i think not.
    Here's another point to make.

Forget that we have a black president, we have blacks, hispanics, asians, native americans, fucking Europeans (Arnold) as governors. We have a very very diverse political house, unlike most of Europe. Fuck, you barely see something other than white news anchors, let alone public office officials.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Fuck, you barely see something other than white news anchors, let alone public office officials.
    We've had a black integration minister. She was called islamophobic and racist, and was accused of populism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough, I am just questioning it, because I doubted that it would be tolerated. How long have their been mexican immigrants in California?
    California used to be a part of Mexico until the United States annexed it, along with New Mexico, in glorious fashion during the Mexican-American war.

So a race, culture etc., that have been there for more than 400 years, is being tolerated. Well, I guess we'll have to see how muslims are being treated in 370 years time here in europe, to make a capable comparison
    Not really. That same sentiment can be found in Florida, a piece of land never held by Mexicans. Its not something exclusive to California.

You also have committees set up because it's proven that white Americans are less likely to give blacks or hispanics jobs, committees to help black or hispanics actually get into college. Yeah, that racism that isn't there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    We've had a black integration minister. She was called islamophobic and racist.
    "integration minister." LMAO

If you don't understand the hilarity with what you just said, you are lost.

Apparently, a black person can become the Commander-in-Chief of our entire military, the head of state and the head of government, yet America can still be called "racist."

America has plenty of racist issues, just like any other country. The thing is, we actually usually admit it (besides some online whiners). Europe on the other hand too often takes the "what there's no racism here we're just kidding" approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You also have committees set up because it's proven that white Americans are less likely to give blacks or hispanics jobs, committees to help black or hispanics actually get into college. Yeah, that racism that isn't there
    Can I get a peer-reviewed source for that assertion please? I am inclined to call that out as a pure fabrication.

Deleted
    "integration minister." LMAO

If you don't understand the hilarity with what you just said, you are lost.
    I don't see what's so funny about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyamko_Sabuni

She's black.

Deleted
    Here's another point to make.

Forget that we have a black president, we have blacks, hispanics, asians, native americans, fucking Europeans (Arnold) as governors. We have a very very diverse political house, unlike most of Europe. Fuck, you barely see something other than white news anchors, let alone public office officials.
    And how many of all those non-white races held those positions 30 years ago, 50, 100, 200? How long did it take, with all those nationalities, to get non-whites in those positions?

You're using the word 'can' unclearly. Is America no longer racist because a black person has the right to become the head of state, or is America no longer racist because a black person actually has become the head of state?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    America has plenty of racist issues, just like any other country. The thing is, we actually usually admit it (besides some online whiners). Europe on the other hand too often takes the "what there's no racism here we're just kidding" approach.
    America still has racists, obviously, but my point was that, comparatively, America has almost no racism relative to every single other country in the world other than Canada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there is still racism in our country. Racism isn't easy to destroy.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Anti-semitism goes pretty much hand in hand with the amount of Muslim immigrants.

Also you have the lefties/greens who want to imprison people for denying the Holocaust, but at the same time support Muslim immigration (most Muslims deny the Holocaust and would want to burn the Jews) and hate Israel. Sense?
    Yes because White Christian Europe doesn't have a very long history of Antisemitism right? You think that it just all vanished after WWII and the Muslims are the ones who harbor it still? I guess Racism in America is all gone too right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not really. That same sentiment can be found in Florida, a piece of land never held by Mexicans. Its not something exclusive to California.
    So, there haven't been non-white people in Florida before 1970?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    I don't see what's so funny about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyamko_Sabuni

She's black.
    This is like making a minority minister of minority affairs. Well, duh. When you elect a black head of state/government, hit me up.

Meanwhile, in Italy, they throw bananas at their minority representatives: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-minister.html