Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anti-semitism and anti-immigrant feelings on the rise in Europe - again

Note: do not engage in nation-bashing, jingoistic nationalism, or anything else that violates any forum rules.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/178788

From rape statistics (I can't count how many times I've seen increase in rapes per capita blamed on immigrants alone) to a lack of jobs to other social woes, everything seems to get blamed on immigrants one way or another. Unsurprisingly, the major immigrant groups usually bear the brunt of this (so, Turks in Germany, Muslims in the U.K., Berbers/North Africans in France.) This attitude seems to pervade Europe particularly moreso than the North American anglosphere of Canada and the United States. There is no one in the mainstream of political thought within the United States or Canada who, in 2014, blames immigrants for anything or even views them as a negative when it comes to national advancement. Legal immigrants are regularly held in high esteem in these countries, unlike in Europe.

Is this actually the condition of the mainstream in Europe or am I reading into this incorrectly? It seems like blaming immigrants has become a politically expedient and gratifying maneuver for almost all political parties, but particularly right-wing parties who know how to exploit ethnic nationalism in conjunction with this.

The study done by the expert in the article above also demonstrates that antisemitism is on the rise in Europe, too, which coincides with the populist rise of right-wing political parties in many European countries, particularly France and the U.K. The increase in antisemitism is probably a natural consequence of evoking nationalistic feelings amongst the far-right of Europe, who have historically associated themselves with antisemitism (see: the Third Reich and Tsarist Russia.)

So, am I being unfair or does Europe at large tend to superfluously blame immigrants and minorities for most of its problems without sufficient justification?
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2014-04-19 at 11:00 PM.

Deport! thats pretty much any catchphrase for any nation. I don't quite understand it.

Some Europeans do...

Look at the whole rape issue.... people in Sweden are more likely to get raped by a Swedish person, but because the immigrants from NA and ME have a higher rape "chance" some people are all worried about them. Many European countries also have a problem with clearly racist, fascist people gaining actual political power (doesn't matter if it's tiny) this just doesn't happens so much here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Some Europeans do...

Look at the whole rape issue.... people in Sweden are more likely to get raped by a Swedish person, but because the immigrants from NA and ME have a higher rape "chance" some people are all worried about them. Many European countries also have a problem with clearly racist, fascist people gaining actual political power (doesn't matter if it's tiny) this just doesn't happens so much here.
    Yes, that Le Pen figure in France is highly fascist, although not explicit about it, and also very racist. She's gaining popularity as of late, however, which is alarming. I suppose they still haven't learned their lesson with Vichy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Yes, that Le Pen figure in France is highly fascist, although not explicit about it, and also very racist. She's gaining popularity as of late, however, which is alarming. I suppose they still haven't learned their lesson with Vichy.
    Thing is here, when it does happen, that's usually quitting time. People step down, people apologize...like that Alaskan guy and his wetback comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Some Europeans do...

Yeah, no. Foreigners outnumbers Swedes in reported rapes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Yeah, no. Foreigners outnumbers Swedes in reported rapes.
    Going to need a source for that claim, and no, you cannot use Stormfront.

Last time I looked. Most countries are/will be immigrants. There is no reason to point fingers at any one colour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are Anti dentite as well

OT: One would think it's the opposite what with stuff going on in the MIddle East /shrug
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Going to need a source for that claim, and no, you cannot use Stormfront.
    Why? About 30% of the population in Sweden are of foreign background, look at the overrepresentation for immigrants. It's 4.5-5 times higher for immigrants, in rape. 30% with foreign background, 4.5-5 times overrepresentation. Do the math.

Or is maths too hard for you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Note: do not engage in nation-bashing, jingoistic nationalism, or anything else that violates any forum rules.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/178788

From rape statistics (I can't count how many times I've seen increase in rapes per capita blamed on immigrants alone) to a lack of jobs to other social woes, everything seems to get blamed on immigrants one way or another. Unsurprisingly, the major immigrant groups usually bear the brunt of this (so, Turks in Germany, Muslims in the U.K., Berbers/North Africans in France.) This attitude seems to pervade Europe particularly moreso than the North American anglosphere of Canada and the United States. There is no one in the mainstream of political thought within the United States or Canada who, in 2014, blames immigrants for anything or even views them as a negative when it comes to national advancement. Legal immigrants are regularly held in high esteem in these countries, unlike in Europe.

Is this actually the condition of the mainstream in Europe or am I reading into this incorrectly? It seems like blaming immigrants has become a politically expedient and gratifying maneuver for almost all political parties, but particularly right-wing parties who know how to exploit ethnic nationalism in conjunction with this.

The study done by the expert in the article above also demonstrates that antisemitism is on the rise in Europe, too, which coincides with the populist rise of right-wing political parties in many European countries, particularly France and the U.K. The increase in antisemitism is probably a natural consequence of evoking nationalistic feelings amongst the far-right of Europe, who have historically associated themselves with antisemitism (see: the Third Reich and Tsarist Russia.)

So, am I being unfair or does Europe at large tend to superfluously blame immigrants and minorities for most of its problems without sufficient justification?
    naaa, you´re not unfair at all, we here in europe embrace our nazi heritage

just take a look at the leading parties... are you fucking kidding me?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Has Plans View Post
    Last time I looked. Most countries are/will be immigrants. There is no reason to point fingers at any one colour.
    People tend to arbitrarily define who is an immigrant and who isn't. Everyone outside of the Congo is ultimately an immigrant, but people just decide to randomly define a certain degree of time after which you become a "native" rather than an immigrant, even though that's excessively intellectually dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? About 30% of the population in Sweden are of foreign background, look at the overrepresentation for immigrants. It's 4.5-5 times higher for immigrants, in rape. 30% with foreign background, 4.5-5 times overrepresentation. Do the math.
    No one here has any reason to believe you until your claims are properly sourced. Anyone can make up statistics.

Deleted
    No one here has any reason to believe you until your claims are properly sourced. Anyone can make up statistics.
    The overrepresentation numbers is from BRÅ, you know.

People tend to arbitrarily define who is an immigrant and who isn't. Everyone outside of the Congo is ultimately an immigrant, but people just decide to randomly define a certain degree of time after which you become a "native" rather than an immigrant, even though that's excessively intellectually dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

And its pretty ridiculous right? I don't understand racists.

10+ Year Old Account
    then give us a link, duh

15+ Year Old Account
    just link it, it´s not that hard, really
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Providing a link is actually remarkably difficult when all of your statistics come from Stormfront.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    then give us a link, duh
    It gets tiresome to repeat the same thing, over and over just because people think it's false statistics even though it's supported by BRÅ.

http://www.bra.se/download/18.cba82f...h_utlandet.pdf

Page 19.

15+ Year Old Account
    Providing a link is actually remarkably difficult when all of your statistics come from Stormfront.
    well yeah, providing proof for bullshit is only the people at fox news have mastered

Minuses of cheap labour.