Thread: MMR Question

MMR Question

I just started pvping recently on my holy pally which got me interested in pvp more. So I started on my DK also. Started arenas on him Monday so only 2/3 pvp gear and 1300ish rating.

My question is, when I finish gearing him up and try carrying people in 2s, does it go off my mmr or theirs? Or is it some sort of combo?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if it takes the average, or the group leaders MMR into consideration when matching you up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe the formula is a combination of all queued up party members, with a weight that slightly favours party members with more played games since the last MMR reset: this way if someone plays 300 2v2 games and is 1600, and then an alt joins them with 0 games played - it leans slightly more to 1600 than to 1500 (starting MMR for a new alt).

So the short answer is it's a combo
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I believe the formula is a combination of all queued up party members, with a weight that slightly favours party members with more played games since the last MMR reset: this way if someone plays 300 2v2 games and is 1600, and then an alt joins them with 0 games played - it leans slightly more to 1600 than to 1500 (starting MMR for a new alt).

So the short answer is it's a combo
    Well I just tested this: my toon on my 2nd account has 40 or 50 mmr (I tanked him to zero mmr and use it to solo queue my main toons for 1v2, the 40 mmr he has is by accident). The other toon hasn't done a single arena this or last season. Their combined mmr was 680. so it looks to me as if it just (mmr 1 + mmr 2)/2.

Screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Well I just tested this: my toon on my 2nd account has 40 or 50 mmr (I tanked him to zero mmr and use it to solo queue my main toons for 1v2, the 40 mmr he has is by accident). The other toon hasn't done a single arena this or last season. Their combined mmr was 680. so it looks to me as if it just (mmr 1 + mmr 2)/2.

Okay cool, thank you guys!