Thumbs up Revive The Old Raids!

World of Warcraft is a game with a huge content, several raids that after an expansion or a new patch fall into uselessness, only served to collect items for transmogrification ...
    It would be wonderful to create a system of "challenges" to the old raids, medals or some kind of gift who always encouraged players to venture again Karazan, Black Temple, Ruins Anquiraj, and many others ...
    Anyone agree with me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely no... I cleared all those raids in their prime and i'd rather blizzard not give them any more effort when they can be putting it towards quality raids in the next expansion. Technically they're not useless, you just haven't thought it out thoroughly. If you want to do those raids, start a 60 guild and you can even go further to exclude all monks/dk's from joining (possibly exclude shamans/paladins depending on your faction).
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I can't wait until somebody says they miss Dragon Soul and soon Siege of Orgrimmar and they feel they didn't run them enough to ask them to revive them instead of releasing new content. What's next? Naxxramas 3.0?

Bad new content>>>Good old content

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that adding rewards or challenges or whatever to old raids would be a very popular or necessary feature. Newer players who missed raids can always go back and solo or with a couple of friends to see the zones and the bosses, but the people who would want to do that are a small enough group that doing anything more is a waste of time and resources in my opinion.

No, their time is over, move on.

I think that it's not a terrible idea. A lot of people thought that was the 'secret 5.4 feature' which was revealed to be flex was going to be normalizing old raids. I agree that older raids only serve for collecting transmogs, and content that took months to create ends up only becoming redundant after the new tier comes out. I think making old tiers relevant via normalizing would add a great deal of longevity back into the game. Done with current tier? Find a cross server group that's progressing on content you never got to do!

How many people never got a chance to do Heroic Lich King at his intended difficulty? Yogg 0?

That being said, classes don't work the same as they used to, so fights like M'uru would be a joke in healing comparison. And there's always the issue of, "well, how much NEW raid tier content would it cost to revamp OLD tier content", and in Blizzard's eyes I don't think they would ever do it, unfortunately.

edit: also, this topic has floated around for years, and blizz has never given it a serious response, which is frustrating.
    Last edited by mercychan; 2014-04-25 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Questionably - if they have the technology to scale things, how much effort would it take to add scaling simply by adding the scaling factor to instancing? Just to allow players the option.

For MSV, for example, since the numbers are most obvious off the top of my head. You could enter in several different states:
    • Normal - Characters enter the raid with no Item Level changes on Normal Difficulty.
    • Normal Minimum - Characters entering the raid are scaled down to 463 (or arguably 471) Item Level
    • Normal Maximum - Characters entering the raid are scaled down to 489 (or arguably 497) Item Level
    • Heroic - Characters enter the raid with no Item Level changes on Heroic Difficulty
    • Heroic Minimum - Characters entering the raid are scaled down to 489 (or arguably 497) Item Level
    • Heroic Maximum - Characters entering the raid are scaled down to 502 (or arguably 510) Item Level

Would it not simply require a list of "itemlevel" values for raids, and application of the identical scaling mechanism? I'm not too clued up on the tech, but it seems fairly simple to me, but then again, I might be severely underestimating it.

This just makes sense to me. It wouldn't necessarily all have to be in the "Raid Difficulty" pane, but a separate "Instance Item Scale" as "None" "Minimum" or "Maximum" allowing people to choose to zerg it for xmog, or the option to go back and relive the good old days of that raid if they wish.

i'd love to see them put all the older raids to use, and not in a half assed way but to actully balance the bosses for the new classes

and to those who talk about future content> old content, i dont know why you are thinking that way.. blizzard is just lazy and thats why they always give the excuse " if we do this it will be at the cost of that" WoW is the main game for blizzard and if they put their minds into it they will soon realize they can always increase the numbers of their teams instead of cutting content for the sake of another content

Deleted
    Naxxramas 3.0 plz.

Naxx 2.0
    Ony changed to level 80
    Ony and Nef again in BWD
    Rag in FL
    ZA and ZG restored as 5 mans
    Heroic modes of other old 5 mans

No, thanks. There's been more than enough rehashing of old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I can't wait until somebody says they miss Dragon Soul
    I wILl ASSassinATe thEm. You have my word. They do not deserve to mingle among the clean.
    And they also like the dick.

which I mean...is fine, if you like the dick, you just probably like it way too much and drew them on your school folders alot in school.

Infracted; Refrain from referencing someone's sexuality and watch you language.

Last edited by Sonnillon; 2014-04-26 at 10:44 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Naxx 2.0
    Ony changed to level 80
    Ony and Nef again in BWD
    Rag in FL
    ZA and ZG restored as 5 mans
    Heroic modes of other old 5 mans

No, thanks. There's been more than enough rehashing of old content.

u are talking as if FL was a bad raid, it was arguably the best raid in cata! if rehashing is as good as that then by all means start rehashing blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    In general, I'm pretty opposed to "reviving old raids" because I beat them when they were relevant and spent enough time there and would rather see new stuff. Don't get my wrong, I love those old raids, but their era has passed and I want to move on.

That said, the idea of doing a challenge mode version of some of them, or introducing some kind of special quest line or task that sends you back to visit might be fun. I do think putting vanity pets on the old bosses was good, as is the implementation of transmog motivating people to visit periodically. Little, optional fun stuff to revisit for nostalgia? That's great. But reviving them with the intention of making them "current content" is something I feel is a waste of resources that could be better put into new stuff.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If you want to do those raids, start a 60 guild and you can even go further to exclude all monks/dk's from joining (possibly exclude shamans/paladins depending on your faction).
    Always wanted to do this, but never found enough like-minded people. I'd like to have a character at every raiding level.
    ( ; , , ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Slahaldin View Post
    u are talking as if FL was a bad raid, it was arguably the best raid in cata! if rehashing is as good as that then by all means start rehashing blizz
    "Cool, it's MC without a roof"

Good thing I had pvp to fall back on during that time. Downside being I never got the staff when it was current content, but I wouldn't change a thing if I could do it over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slahaldin View Post
    u are talking as if FL was a bad raid, it was arguably the best raid in cata!
    "Cool, it's MC without a roof"
    It's not very similar to MC at all, except maybe in colour scheme. Even the final boss is a totally different fight mechanically then the Molten Core encounter of the same name.

Honestly, that's kinda my beef with a lot of people's complaining about Blizzard recycling old content; half the time the content is completely new and just shares a name and/or location with the old content. Unless you're the kind of person who takes lore very seriously, I don't even know why anyone would consider Nefarion in Blackwind Descent a rehash of Nefarion from Blackwing Lair. The only thing that is the same between the two is the name. The fights are different, the venues are different, even the models are different.

I mean, sure, Blizzard has done genuine recycled content before - with Naxx, Onyxia, and Zul Aman - but tons of the examples people regularly give really are completely new instances. I'm talking about stuff like Zul Gurub, Deadmines and reappearances of bosses like Nefarion and Ragneros. They're not the same at all. You're too hung up on the name.

That's another topic altogether I guess.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

My suggestion was not to revive old content, old raids, to be new, and yes, adding a challenge mode where you and your team were leveled to the original power to have the old experience ... The prizes need not be powerful, but merely optional items such as pets, items transmogs, mounts ...
    Black Temple was very exciting, yes, I can go alone get my items, but does not have the same fun ... I agree that Blizzard should invest more in future content, but only to create a leveling system would provide many fun options for a cost well lower ...

As neat as it is to revisit them when you can 1-shot C'thun, I do wish we could experience them at the intended difficulty, somehow. Guilds that lock themselves at a certain level seem like they'd work, but my server doesn't have any of those. Even with those, you'd have to deal with class balance changes that have happened.

All this raid content is, in the long run, wasted as players just level past (or buy their way past) it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make them scaleable optionally to the current max level to pose some challenge and drop some loot like heroic dungeons and/or coins. That would be great.