Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Okay, fine. For third class citizens. x)
    That's the way it should be. It's there so that people who don't really raid can experience the story.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Well it won't work. They've got much bigger problems than these two.
    Flying is a burden on the game that reaches almost every non-instanced piece of content.

Removing it is like killing 50 birds with 1 stone. After awhile everyone will realize the stone wasn't really that important anyways.

Now they just have to design around all these dead birds...

Quote Originally Posted by Bionix View Post
    It's there so that people who don't really raid can experience the story.
    And they're completely detached from reality if they think that's what people will do if there's no compelling reward. Tanks and healers will abandon that place in droves.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And they're completely detached from reality if they think that's what people will do if there's no compelling reward. Tanks and healers will abandon that place in droves.
    It's not like there is no reward but if you want to gear up, sure 5 man heroics will be a faster way. If LFR rewarded better loot then people would do the minimal amount of 5 mans, then go to LFR, then normal, heroic, mythic. That means that you do the same bosses over and over.

At least this way, people have the choice between 5 mans and LFR for their starter epics. Although, yeah, it's not much of a choice when one way is so much easier to find competent groups for.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Flying is a burden on the game that reaches almost every non-instanced piece of content.

Removing it is like killing 50 birds with 1 stone. After awhile everyone will realize the stone wasn't really that important anyways.

Now they just have to design around all these dead birds...
    A burden on the game... How's that? It makes the game cry and sob? No that's just you, the anti-flying brigade crying about how flying killed... well just about everything in WoW when all it did was give people a choice, nothing more.

This is typical Blizzard. They can't please everyone so they take shifts at it. LFR was made, the hardcore-wannabes bitched about how their gear isn't shiny any more cause noobs had watered down versions of that gear and that can't be because... well they renounce their life to play a game so they deserve the exclusivity, so LFR is being unmade.

Same with flying. Honestly flying was never a problem, the problem was the toxic bitching of d-bags who feel miserable for various reasons and the only thing they want is to make everyone else around them the same. Won't work cause people will simply quit over this.

This is not MOP, Cata or WOTLK. This is a major change that has no real base other than the toxic whining of the above-mentioned d-bags and when anti-social d-bags start affecting the rules, it all goes down hill. WoW may not die, but it's too old and lacking in novelty to pull crap like this.

It won't be a month before enough people complain or quit over this. Like it or not, WoW is kept afloat by casuals and Blizzard will respond to keep their numbers up. Let's see then how the so-called hardcores cry about Blizz not loving them for devoting their entire daily existence to WoW...

Deleted
    There's only a few things I can say, really.

Do you bitch, moan and complain about there being no flying? Then unsub and don't buy the game. Come and join me in Rift or Realm Reborn. Honestly, I've found both games to be much better than WoW these days, even if their playerbase is a smaller. And even besides those, there are plenty of other games you could play.

Do you bitch, moan and complain about the fact that flying mounts exist to begin with? Then you better not own a single one, and you better have never used one, because otherwise you yourself are a big fat tumor in the cancer that you consider flying mounts to be. In fact, I know that you use your flying mount at least once every time you log in.

Honestly, nobody is in a place to complain about anything. And you know what? It doesn't even matter at all. The cold, honest truth is that this was a business decision on Blizzard's part to make the leveling process take longer, so people will stay subscribed for longer. In fact, they haven't given a single shit about the playerbase since Wrath, and they might have even stopped caring before ICC came out. And with the way that the blues seem to be acting lately, it's really starting to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    There's only a few things I can say, really.

Do you bitch, moan and complain about there being no flying? Then unsub and don't buy the game. Come and join me in Rift or Realm Reborn. Honestly, I've found both games to be much better than WoW these days, even if their playerbase is a smaller. And even besides those, there are plenty of other games you could play.

Do you bitch, moan and complain about the fact that flying mounts exist to begin with? Then you better not own a single one, and you better have never used one, because otherwise you yourself are a big fat tumor in the cancer that you consider flying mounts to be. In fact, I know that you use your flying mount at least once every time you log in.

Honestly, nobody is in a place to complain about anything. And you know what? It doesn't even matter at all. The cold, honest truth is that this was a business decision on Blizzard's part to make the leveling process take longer, so people will stay subscribed for longer. In fact, they haven't given a single shit about the playerbase since Wrath, and they might have even stopped caring before ICC came out. And with the way that the blues seem to be acting lately, it's really starting to show.

Hmm, flying in TBC - Required 5k gold, which you didnt get without being level 70... and even then, 5k gold was a shitload back then
    Flying in wrath was level 77
    Flying in cata was purchased at the start
    flying in mop purchased at 90

It's not like this is anything new...

I believe it's the possibility of it not returning at all that has peoples panties in a bunch. I personally don't really care. The timeless isle was fun and there was no flying there. The first time leveling was fun, Classic wow was a lot of fun. These people arguing are making baseless arguments on what they THINK not having flying will be like cause their lives are so busy that they wont be able to drop in on a mob and kill it without having to fight ones before it. It's really just crybaby nonsense. To make all of these judgements before anyones even seen the new content is just insane.

Are they looking to extend content? Maybe a little bit, but its not like flying is going to get you through the leveling process more than a couple hours faster anyway. And with what they say about flight paths, It doesn't seem like travel time is really going to be much of an issue. Its literally just the ability to drop in on mobs and maybe a few extra minutes of travel time that is being added, and if the content supports it, then whats the big deal? Hell, beta isn't even out yet.
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2014-04-28 at 11:11 PM.

Please accept it or leave the game. Blizzard dont care anymore about stupid whining.
    You'll forgive me, I just wonder what kind of fool thinks its a good idea to encourage people to stop playing a pay to play MMO, when if enough people follow that line of reasoning, eventually there wont be a game left to play.

Voting with our wallets is more an act of principle than effective way of changing things, as the playerbase is fickle and unorganized. The best method of influence is to use our voice.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Don't purchase WoD! Complaining about it so viciously will accomplish NOTHING. You're only wasting your own time.

If all these people care about flying so much, and it truly is a large group of people, DON'T BUY IT! You money speaks louder than words. That's why D3 got the RMAH removed. If sales go down, then it was a big issue and will be readdressed.
    i do not complain at all.

just not gonna buy wod simple, like you say