Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I hope they realized they fucked up royally with this stupid quest chained legendary.
    Don't worry, considering their latest game showers people with legendaries, I'm sure they'll replace most of the raid items with another colour so people can feel special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    I guess 9 people should all drop an hour+ of their evening so they can boost you through normal garrosh, rather than just sweep it in 20 minutes.
    You're right about one thing - they shouldn't be able to do normal Garrosh at all. The difficulty for it should be so high that average players shouldn't ever be able to down it.

But people need to be special so "everything has to be easy".

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    *yes I have a guild, we only raid 2 nights a week, 4-5 hours max between the 2 days, killed siegecrafter and called it*

I'M CRY IF I DON'T GET MY WOLF MOUNT.
    Why not just extend the raid lockout so you start at Garrosh for next weeks raid ? I imagine people would be ok with that if a few still don't have the mount and you can't get a kill in your normal raid schedule while killing all the earlier bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Real life commitments?
    from my experience most of those who scream loudest about how much rl comitments they have spend relatively more time in game then those who raid 2-3 nights a week in hc raiding guilds - when i was playing i spend 10 hours weekly top on my main logging mostly only to raid and cap vp after raid (+ 4-5 hours on one alts if i had time during that specific week - and i felt like its really much of time spend in game) - while people who scream how casual they are spend time on their multiple 3-4 alts runign all of them through lfr/flex and normals spending in game 30-40 hours weekly but still screaming how casual they are and how they have no time for scheduled raiidng when weekly they spend in reality 2-3x more time in game then i did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Well, okay, 280k on Sha, and there's like, barely any AoE.
    Because bladestorm is not OP at all for the small adds spawning, neither is "Gift of the Titans" RNG?

Listen, dude, I get that you think you're the shit, but you're forgetting a few things.

1. You think I don't run the bosses every week and coin them every week? Get fucking real. Some people aren't as lucky as you.
    Again. You obviously haven't done it for long enough. Link to your char please, so we can check the ordos/celestial kill count.

2. Just the fact alone that you have SEVEN toons with the LEGENDARY shows that you have MUCH more time than me to spend on this game, and as such, you will obviously form better ties and have more opportunities to run content.
    Let's see, doing them one at a time we have:
    2 Weeks of sigil farming. Instances done in about 30 minutes each, for a total of 2.5 hrs per week for 2 weeks (incl a sha of fear kill). 5 Hrs.
    3 weeks of VP capping, done in about 1 hour if doing heroic scenarios per week. 3 Hrs.
    3 weeks of Secret gathering, done in about 30 min per instance = 3 hours per week. 9 Hrs.
    3 weeks of Runestone gathering, done in about 30 mins per instance = 2 hrs per week. 6 Hrs.
    Add another 5 hours for the black prince rep, sidequests, waiting in queues etc.
    All in all, it takes me about 30 hrs from nothing to legendary cloak, spread over 14 weeks on average. Not having a cloak at this point isn't a sign of not having enough time to play - it's a sign of being lazy.

3. You're not talking to someone with no experience, I raided heroic progression 10 hours a week from 2008 to 2012, so I understand how things work. However, when you're no longer able to do that due to, you know, growing up, you'd still like to be able to do the content that you could do with your hands tied behind your back, because you simply have the ability. Period. You can call it ego, I call it being truthful.
    Too bad. Your former achivements mean nothing. I never said anything about you having an Ego, I find it annoying to be declined from a 530+ flex run with a 525 char with a 574 heroic weapon from garrosh too. But I understand the concept. There is no way for them to verify/know that you are good. Why would you take the person with lower gear and experience over the one with higher gear and experience? There is no argument for doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I hope they realized they fucked up royally with this stupid quest chained legendary
    No they did not....
    Let's look at it a bit closer, from a whole different angle..
    It is not the cloak itself that's the problem here.... It's the tools that aren't even tools, that Blizzard gave the community.
    There are 2 things that created that toxic problem..... For once, the displayed item level on gear. Secondly the inclusion of Achievements.
    These two things were put into the game to either help players to see for themselves easier which piece is an upgrade, and which isn't. And in regards of the achievements it was a gimmick that was/is suppose to give players some personal record of what they've done for themselves in the game over time.
    Before these two things weren't in the game, the community was a lot less toxic, a lot less demanding and unreasonable.
    iLevel and Achievements became the everything else outweighing measuring sticks.
    People pugged happily already before October 2008... People pugged happily before the item level was displayed on the gear.
    It's what made the community misusing those things, that makes it bad.... And the exactly same can be said about the cloak.
    The cloak is great, the misinterpretation thereof is the bad thing.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydd View Post
    Because bladestorm is not OP at all for the small adds spawning, neither is "Gift of the Titans" RNG?
    Blamestorm isnt nearly as strong for Arms as it is for Fury, thanks. Also I rarely get targeted for GotT
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I think the problem is people want a one-shot group but they also want to do it while being lower ilvl than the people making the group. I'm sure there are tons of 550 ilvl players who would be happy to learn and down Garrosh N. The issue is whether you're okay with wiping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    I think the problem is people want a one-shot group but they also want to do it while being lower ilvl than the people making the group. I'm sure there are tons of 550 ilvl players who would be happy to learn and down Garrosh N. The issue is whether you're okay with wiping.
    You nailed it...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

You're right about one thing - they shouldn't be able to do normal Garrosh at all. The difficulty for it should be so high that average players shouldn't ever be able to down it.

But people need to be special so "everything has to be easy".
    Not to sound elitist, but seriously, if you can't find a group and kill garrosh with 550 ilvl then i don't really know what to say to the OP. I literally am minutes after killing it with 1 guy doing 400k dps (myself), the next guy doing 200k then the rest on 100k-150k. Garrosh is a joke if you have even 1 decent healer (normal mode)

OP just wants to PuG content he hasn't done. I guess i should go and shout in trade "LFG Garrosh HC" since i haven't done that yet, then complain when people won't take my 570 ilvl character because i don't have the achievement yet.

I'm tired of these stupid threads popping up every damn raid tier.

"Oh my god guys, I can't get into a pug with 9 experienced players as an inexperienced player, this game is so unfair!"

Seriously, the cheek of it for fuck sake.

Its like being a 1700 rated player and whispering 2200 players asking for an invite to their RBG group, then complaining when you get told to fuck off.

People want people with a kill under their belt because, you guessed it, nobody wants to sit in NORMAL MODE garrosh and wipe for an hour, 2 hours, 3 hours. Garrosh runs are suppose to be over with in 30 minutes TOPs, not sitting for 3 hours teaching people like the OP how to avoid empowered add circles, interrupt, etc because they were so arrogant to believe they could just walst into something they hadn't done and steamroll it.

These entitled players are a complete cancer on the game. They're the guys who bot random BGs because "I have a life, bro", they're the guys who AFK in LFR. They're the guys who queue as healer / tank as a dps. They're the guys who buy boosts and wintrade.

Disgusting is what i'd sum it up as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to sound elitist, but seriously, if you can't find a group and kill garrosh with 550 ilvl then i don't really know what to say to the OP. I literally am minutes after killing it with 1 guy doing 400k dps (myself), the next guy doing 200k then the rest on 100k-150k. Garrosh is a joke if you have even 1 decent healer (normal mode)

OP just wants to PuG content he hasn't done. I guess i should go and shout in trade "LFG Garrosh HC" since i haven't done that yet, then complain when people won't take my 570 ilvl character because i don't have the achievement yet.

I'm tired of these stupid threads popping up every damn raid tier.

"Oh my god guys, I can't get into a pug with 9 experienced players as an inexperienced player, this game is so unfair!"

Seriously, the cheek of it for fuck sake.

Its like being a 1700 rated player and whispering 2200 players asking for an invite to their RBG group, then complaining when you get told to fuck off.

People want people with a kill under their belt because, you guessed it, nobody wants to sit in NORMAL MODE garrosh and wipe for an hour, 2 hours, 3 hours. Garrosh runs are suppose to be over with in 30 minutes TOPs, not sitting for 3 hours teaching people like the OP how to avoid empowered add circles, interrupt, etc because they were so arrogant to believe they could just walst into something they hadn't done and steamroll it.

These entitled players are a complete cancer on the game. They're the guys who bot random BGs because "I have a life, bro", they're the guys who AFK in LFR. They're the guys who queue as healer / tank as a dps. They're the guys who buy boosts and wintrade.

Disgusting is what i'd sum it up as.
    Its not like your RBG analogy though. Its more like being 2200 capable but being declined because you don't have full bis pvp gear. And as a 2200 player I can assure you that gear doesn't matter

Your first toon has 5 Ordos pieces on...and you're saying that isn't lucky?

R O T F L

edit: AND 561 neck
    No, that isn't lucky. Unless you're telling me all the linked characters(except the druid, which keeps getting double helmets) have been lucky? It's purely a case of doing Ordos every week, and coining most of those weeks. I didn't even get the legendary cloak on my main the first day of the patch, but rather around late November(took a break for all of ToT, so I was at like 2 Secrets when I came back). 5 useable items in 40-52 chances to get loot(I've had that many Ordos loot chances on each of those characters) means it's a ~10% chance to get useful loot, which isn't anything crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Legendary cloak walkthrough
    Sigils can be done quite comfortably in the first week of hitting 90, or at least without taking any of the VP cap for the next part from the 2nd week. Doesn't really change your end result, and I completely agree that it doesn't take much of a commitment to get the cloak, ESPECIALLY not for your main.

Its not like your RBG analogy though. Its more like being 2200 capable but being declined because you don't have full bis pvp gear. And as a 2200 player I can assure you that gear doesn't matter
    "Capable" means nothing if you have no proof that you've done it/can do it. And the PuG leader isn't going to trust some random guy's word that he's able to do stuff unless he has REALLY good reason to do so, because he's potentially wasting his own AND other people's time.
    And for the RBG thing, not having BiS gear(in a reasonable amount of time) just shows that you don't care enough to maximize your character, it doesn't have much to do with the gear itself(although that does make a difference too, especially in an unorganized PuG)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2014-04-27 at 05:09 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

No, you're incorrect. The scenario in the OP's post is: He has 550 ilvl gear, but no achievement. (Doesn't have 2200)

You're telling me, as a 2200 player (Killed Garrosh), you'd take me to your RBGs / arenas at 2200+ mmr, when i'm a 1700 player (no Garrosh kill) ?

Seriously. Lets not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such snide.

Let me put it in perspective to you.

If I'm qualified to do something, I expect others to recognize my qualifications. That's how life works. That's how you advance in the workplace, and in any other aspect of life. Only difference is, in real life, people can't check my "gear score" and determine its "too low" for them. Your word is your bond, and unfortunately, no one seems to understand that anymore.
    Most qualification now has certificates, Accountants, Lawyers, Doctors, you HAVE prove to give them. You can argue the fact that you can do accounts as much as you want, without a certificate company won't hire you as a group accountant. Oh and many of them will also check for 3 years post-qualified experience, which they can also check, so they have many checks on you already before hiring you.

I am not sure what work do you do, but most work that I know of requires certified qualifications and reference for work experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're incorrect. The scenario in the OP's post is: He has 550 ilvl gear, but no achievement. (Doesn't have 2200)

You're telling me, as a 2200 player (Killed Garrosh), you'd take me to your RBGs / arenas at 2200+ mmr, when i'm a 1700 player (no Garrosh kill) ?

Seriously. Lets not.
    I absolutely woyld give you the chance to try. No questions asked. If you think you can hang, why not let them try? Worst tgat happens is they underperform and you replace them. What a hassle!

I'm 562 balance Druid with achieve and mount and I still have to convince people to add me into the raid. It's BS OP I suggest u just find a guild that your willing to run with on a alt I did that and I probably wouldn't have cleared the raid if I didn't. But I did clear it back when people where asking for 545+ when people still had heroic a ToT gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst tgat happens is they underperform and you replace them. What a hassle!
    It is a hassle, and that is exactly what they want to prevent by setting the requirement high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    It is a hassle, and that is exactly what they want to prevent by setting the requirement high.
    This mentality is why this game is dying.

This mentality is why this game is dying.
    I thought you had limited time to play, so surely you wouldn't want a random guy lying to waste your time?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every 550 player I pug for normal runs is awful, I end up top DPS on like 10/14 bosses as tank in 10m normal because people suck.

Garrosh as a fight requires a lot of DPS or a lot of coordination, pugs don't have the luxury of getting the latter, so the former is what it needs to be. 200k DPS single target is low for Garrosh, if everyone in the raid did that much DPS you would end up getting like the 3rd EWC in P2. EWC is a soft enrage mechanic, every additional EWC makes the fight exponentially harder to deal with because it forces players to move out of position to kill their adds, thus making it harder to deal with MC's and desecrates (and if your gear is bad enough, the adds don't exactly die instantly).

With that in mind, why should I give people the benefit of the doubt? Generally (though not always), people who haven't killed Garrosh by now suck, there's nothing else to it. If I filled my raid with people who suck, then it would just be an endless wipe-fest until someone important leaves and we have to call it quits. The other option for me, as the leader, is to fill the group with 560+ people who have done the fight, thus (again, generally) meaning they are geared to kill the content and have done so already.

And no, it's not exactly like I want to be carried either, I usually don't take chars to garry myself until they're 555+, and I usually end around top of the DPS on tanks and DPS, and more than pull my weight with the 1 healing character myself. I just expect people to be able to perform to a standard that allows us to ignore the high organizational requirements the fight would have if it dragged on, which usually is 560 ilvl, for your average pug player.