View Poll Results: Will you buy WoD if there is no flying throughout the entire expansion?

Voters
451. This poll is closed
  • I am currently playing and will play WoD if no flying

268 59.42%
  • I am not currently playing and will come back to play WoD if no flying

118 26.16%
  • I am currently playing and will not play WoD if no flying

31 6.87%
  • I am not currently playing and will not play WoD if no flying

34 7.54%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hey its the daily flying thread! YAY!

Although I would lean towards the status quo (level to cap then fly) making me a lazy casual terrorist who's probably inbred and breathes through his mouth... alot. I will wait judge the content as a whole and see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    yeah without a doubt 99% of the people that vote no will still buy the expansion and stay subbed anyway.
    Assuming like a child. Good job, mah boi.

I'm glad there is actually a poll on this.

Needs to be in the WoD discussion section.

OT: I'll still buy this. Flying was only there for convenience -- and Bashiok said in his post that they're planning on making Flight Paths more convenient, if not equally as convenient as flying mounts. That, and it gives me a reason to mount my Swift Spectral Tiger again.

I am currently playing and will play WoD if no there is no flying. I actually hope they keep this trough the whole expansion.

I was always opposed to flying anyway so I don't care if it has flying or not.

Blizzard will however most likely buckle to complaints and allow flying even if it's not from the get go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should've added the option "People still haven't purchased WoD? o.O"

Deleted
    I'm not playing currently, and will come back for WoD, regardless of flying. I've already preordered the expansion, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Should've added the option "People still haven't purchased WoD? o.O"
    Why would I buy something that's unfinished and apart from a few tidbits here and there hardly know anything about it? o.O

It's not a deal breaker if they don't have it, but if the world is too inconvenient or tedious to navigate sans flying, I may not remain subbed as long as I otherwise would.

I'm one of those players that has become extremely lazy because flying exists. Fly over the content, drop in to kill quest mob X, fly away as fast as possible. Sure, I could choose to not do this but why would I? I wouldn't mind if they disabled flying everywhere, except for the bevy of now awkward mounts to have.

Deleted
    Not playing a brand new expansion, with tons of content and new character models JUST because there's no flying? Really guys? C'mon.

Deleted
    Yes. Even though I dread the concept of it taking longer to get everywhere such as world bosses at level cap I don't really have any other games I want to play so...

So long as we get flying at some point I will be happy. They could add a lot of content with adding flying e.g. an upper layer to tanaan jungle (or w/e its called) and getting on top of some of the spires in the Arakkoa area.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this topic about possibly no flying in WoD is still such a topic. I'm glad to see though that this poll is showing about 85% of people don't care, which confirms that it's just a small minority that just keep bringing it up. Blizz has also responded that they'll address the concerns anyway (more flight points, possibly portals, etc.). And for the ones that still are unhappy, the game is better off anyway without players that are too lazy to walk.

Many other more important WoD topics that could be discussed.

Deleted
    In my opinion people who get upset about no flying in WoD have strong personal problems in their real life and project those onto WoW because they're too lazy to fix their real life problems. Many people need something to be pissed about. And it's way easier to be mad about a video game even though their true madness comes from way more serious issues

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons and Bows View Post
    Not playing a brand new expansion, with tons of content and new character models JUST because there's no flying? Really guys? C'mon.
    It isn't really about the flying.

It is about how much someone thinks they can force me to do something. It is about lazy and stagnant game design. It is the last straw for stubbornness on Blizzards part where they continuously refuse to admit mistakes and fix them unless it has something to do with H Raiding. It is about ignoring a HUGE chunk of your player base the 10% or so that has been playing long enough to be a good raider but not too long to be fed up with it.

If they do this WoW will turn into a city waiting game, just as it has every time they have tried to force immersion on us. Remember when people used to run to BG portals back in Vanilla...if you do you remember wrong...they rarely did. BG's received a HUGE boost when they were made more accessible. Everything in this game has gotten a HUGE boost when it has been made more accessible...and Blizzard still does not get the point.

I have been playing since January 05 and this will be the last straw for me. To think that inaccessibility will promote game play is just so stupid that I do not have much future hopes for the game if they push through with this.

I sure will. The game has changed countless times and it will change again.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    In my opinion people who get upset about no flying in WoD have strong personal problems in their real life and project those onto WoW because they're too lazy to fix their real life problems. Many people need something to be pissed about. And it's way easier to be mad about a video game even though their true madness comes from way more serious issues
    Thankfully we can safely ignore your opinion about "true madness".

I will be buying WoD regardless of flight status for at least for a month or two. If nothing else, I'm going to get my warrior to the new level cap and see all the new content. I'll decide if I'm sticking around after that. I played in Classic without flying mounts, so I can handle it. That won't break the game for me.

That being said, I think the addition of flying mounts in BC was one of the greatest things to happen to the game and hope that it will eventually come back for max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not pay for WoD! [Checks where he is posting from.] There is no way that I am paying for WoD.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.