question about professions in WoD

Hey I was wondering. Since the combat stats are being removed, will some elements in professions reside?

Example:
    Alchemy (Mixology, duration only, no perk added)
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53042
    old - Agi = 1000 * 2 hrs + 320
    new = Agi = 1000 * 2 hrs

Eternium Thread
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=38426#reagent-for
    used by LW, Tailoring
    - combat stats removed
    - leg enchants remain?

Well, it depends ofcourse if leg enchants will stay in the game, as they stated lots of enchants will be removed. But I doubt they will remove those perks, as the are no combat perks.

My guess:

Tailor + Leatherworking = cheap leg enchants
    Enchanting = cheap ring enchants (currently only ring, cloak and neck enchants in alpha datamined)
    Inscription = cheap shoulder enchants
    Alchemy = 2 hour flasks
    Jewelcrafting = ? (perhaps gems cost less materials)
    Blacksmithing = ? (perhaps free belt buckle)
    Engineering = ? (perhaps each patch LFR ilvl goggles)
    Gathering profs = nothing at all

just my guess.

I would assume most the profession perks will disappear as many are combat advantages including enchants, of course.

Alchemy - Longer Flask Duration and Enhancement Flasks along with a trinket.
    Blacksmithing - Two extra Gem Sockets.
    Enchanting - Two Ring enchants.
    Engineering - Several 'toys' that can benefit raiding including speed boosts, massive stat procs on gloves, and artificial bubbles.
    Herbalism - On use Haste ability.
    Inscription - Stronger shoulder enchants.
    Jewelcrafting - Three stronger Gems.
    Leatherworking - Stronger bracer enchant and cheaper leg enchants.
    Mining - Stamina stat bonus.
    Skinning - Critical Strike stat bonus.
    Tailoring - Cloak enchants that can proc and cheaper leg enchants

Think everything will be cut and every character then will behave like a character without professions now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Think everything will be cut and every character then will behave like a character without professions now.
    Well that sucks to be honest if its true

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    I would assume most the profession perks will disappear as many are combat advantages including enchants, of course.

Alchemy - Longer Flask Duration and Enhancement Flasks along with a trinket.
    Blacksmithing - Two extra Gem Sockets.
    Enchanting - Two Ring enchants.
    Engineering - Several 'toys' that can benefit raiding including speed boosts, massive stat procs on gloves, and artificial bubbles.
    Herbalism - On use Haste ability.
    Inscription - Stronger shoulder enchants.
    Jewelcrafting - Three stronger Gems.
    Leatherworking - Stronger bracer enchant and cheaper leg enchants.
    Mining - Stamina stat bonus.
    Skinning - Critical Strike stat bonus.
    Tailoring - Cloak enchants that can proc and cheaper leg enchants
    Longer flask duration is not (!) a combat buff, I also doubt the Alchemy trinket would be dropped by the removal of combat advantages in WoD. They are dropping the stats buffs, they arent dropping everything usefull. Same for cheap leg enchants (unless they are removed alltogether), that is not a combat buff.

Ring enchants will stay, but they are now for everyone.

They are not making all profs useless, just the removal of the stats buffs. Engineering will probably still have goggles for example. Professions will still be very usefull and will make your WoW life easier instead of a mandatory buff for PvP and Raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Without normalizing every bonus, then they won't be balanced and fair.
    That is what blizzard are doing, making some you can sell to other players, and outright removing others.

There will still be personal perks, such as cheaper personal versions, extended duration of flasks, engineering transport/inventory perks.
    Those are not "combat" benefits, and therefore not affected by that change.

Effects that give you an advantage in combat compared to another player are the ones being adjusted.
    Throughput and movement mostly.

Blizzard are reducing the number of enchantable slots, so I am not sure if Ring Enchants are going to remain intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I know its only alpha, so it could just be a placeholder, but it looks like we will only be able to use enchanting for (besides weapon enchants) ring (+75 or +100), neck (+105 or +140) and cloak (+200 or +200 and 10% extra movement speed). You are currently only able to enchant secondary stats (Multistrike, Readiness, Crit, Haste, Spirit and Mastery), all the same value.

I asume weapon enchants will be added later (that or old enchants will scale, wishfull thinking here), and perhaps also leg and shoulder enchants will stay. My guess is that chest, bracers, feet, hands and offhand/shield enchants will be 'removed'. Those enchants will probably still be in the game, but we will not be able to put it on WoD gear (I just hope heirlooms wont suffer).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, professions big impact must be cut down a little