Poll: Do you want 'Mount 2.0' to happen?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A lot of this seems cool, but a few features a little regressive rather than progressive, but generally speaking I like the ideas, and I always love it when people put effort into presenting their ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected controversy and debate and I expect positive things. *Wipes tears from his eyes* I just had allergies that's all!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    Sorry but I'm with this guy. Why do I need to name my mount? Who cares? Increase in speed is okay but the traits are pointless. There are way too many mounts to have individual traits for all of them. Mounts should just be used to get from point A to point B. They removed combat benefits from professions and you think they'd add them in for mounts?

You put in a lot of effort and it looks good but overall I don't like the concept.
    If you don't want to name your mount, don't name your mount. I don't see how the traits are pointless, neither do you provide any arguments as to why they would be pointless. Not every mount has to have individual traits. Combat benefits isn't the best idea, but there are plenty of other traits that could be cool. But since you can't mount up during combat, and not at all in a lot of raids they'd barely make a difference. Besides, combat benefits for races are a problem because it pushes people to play a certain race even if they don't like it. But every character, no matter what class and what race can have almost any mount, so it's a different issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone also post it on us forums! I think its a great idea. The amount of traits could even be lowered a little or something. I don't see why such a system would be a huge hassle, and as much as they tout a better land based no flying experience this sounds like a great way to detract from the sting it would leave for some players. Also, I've wanted to name my mounts forever.. like have it show up in the mounted buff you have.

Deleted
    The idea is ok. The presentation is outstanding - because you have nice photoshop skills, but also because you are riding on an established IP and art style for presentation. It creates a feeling like it fits well, but the presentation creates this as an illusion. Great work, idea - meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Cool ideas, Blizzard should take a look at it.
    This must come to pass. Blizzard - please read this!

Wow, you put a lot of effort into this it seems. 10/10. I like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    Sorry but I'm with this guy. Why do I need to name my mount? Who cares? Increase in speed is okay but the traits are pointless. There are way too many mounts to have individual traits for all of them. Mounts should just be used to get from point A to point B. They removed combat benefits from professions and you think they'd add them in for mounts?

You put in a lot of effort and it looks good but overall I don't like the concept.
    I don't mean that every mount should have a unique Trait that no other mounts have. Perhaps I should explain that bit better in the next version of the infographic.

What I mean is that there are X Mount Traits in the game, and each can be found from a mount. However, several mounts will share the same Mount Trait. Some are unique and harder to get, though, like the Carriage Trait that you would probably find from Mammoths or Yaks.

This is great!
    Looking forward to your next idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought that grounds mounts should have passives attached to them (Blood Elf chickens with lower fall damage, less dismount/daze chance on mammoth and kodo, fear immunity on skeletal horses, etc.). The trouble would always end up being horde only mounts vs ally only mounts and the people bickering that one set of faction mounts was better than the other. An example would be horde have UD horses, but alliance would have to farm Barons Mount, Kara Mount, or Headless Horseman's
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

i needs dis
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I fully support this. Hopefully Blizzard will consider this in the future.

Deleted
    If you don't want to name your mount, don't name your mount. I don't see how the traits are pointless, neither do you provide any arguments as to why they would be pointless. Not every mount has to have individual traits. Combat benefits isn't the best idea, but there are plenty of other traits that could be cool. But since you can't mount up during combat, and not at all in a lot of raids they'd barely make a difference. Besides, combat benefits for races are a problem because it pushes people to play a certain race even if they don't like it. But every character, no matter what class and what race can have almost any mount, so it's a different issue.
    Thanks for backing me up!

I should elaborate a little bit on the combat-traits thing.

I don't mean for those traits to have a huge impact on PvP or meaningful PvE. I see them as either convenience bonuses (such as the Licks Wounds or Spirit Beast traits) or as useful traits when questing or gathering. For instance, some of them make life a little bit easier for you when killing normal monsters or trying to elude them in a natural environment. Others increase your chances of surviving gankers, and so forth.

It's a little on the unnecessary hassle side, personally I wouldn't bother with a lot of it myself, but I do like the concept.

Names - Would this go beyond display in your mount journal? How might your mount's name be displayed to other players?

Traits - I really like this idea. I can see the some of the numbers getting a bit high for Blizzard with your current model, and I'm not really sure how far you could take it without it being mostly a speed increase or radically changing the way mounts behave in combat. (Warrior becomes mounted knight?). I also think the impact on PvP might be a bit too much with some of these. (Cosmetic and flavour changes only?).

New Riding Skill - Again, I like this idea. My only problem would be the speed at which some mounts would animate, (riding yak), and I think it would work better if base riding speed was lower to begin with, but I really do like the differentiation between road, path and terrain.

Overall, some nice ideas, and I wouldn't mind something similar implemented some day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Thanks for backing me up!

I should elaborate a little bit on the combat-traits thing.

I don't mean for those traits to have a huge impact on PvP or meaningful PvE. I see them as either convenience bonuses (such as the Licks Wounds or Spirit Beast traits) or as useful traits when questing or gathering. For instance, some of them make life a little bit easier for you when killing normal monsters or trying to elude them in a natural environment. Others increase your chances of surviving gankers, and so forth.
    No problem. I thought your ideas were well-thought-out and nicely presented. To avoid problems for PvP and PvE they can just disable it in dungeons and battlegrounds, if all else fails.

I totally support this idea OP has.The only downside to this is that Blizzard will not like the mounts to have unique traits like your idea and they will make them item-like found in the game by various ways with a sick low drop rate and they will shove it down our throat.

In short:if they go with each mount having traits i find it ok.If they make traits items with low drop rates i find it meh.

Let's take the invisibility ones for example...being able to mount up and go invis while camping corpses or farming rare spawns or whatever it is is just a bad idea. I don't play on a pvp sever anymore cause the corpse camping was obnoxious. I can't imagine how much worse it would be if everyone could go invisible just by mounting up and sitting still til you respawn.

That's just one example. There are always gunna be flaws in a system like this because it's actually very complex. Those flaws may enhance gameplay for those using them but for others, like the person being camped in my example, it could ruin the gameplay. It will never be balanced enough. Mounts have a basic use. To move from one place to another faster than on foot. There is no need to make it anymore complex than that.

No problem. I thought your ideas were well-thought-out and nicely presented. To avoid problems for PvP and PvE they can just disable it in dungeons and battlegrounds, if all else fails.
    You'd still run into issues with world pvp. Also i did try to give him credit cause he did put in a lot of effort and it looks really well done. I just don't support the concept. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2014-04-28 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

10+ Year Old Account
    So what ESO did for mounts to a greater extent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

This is really cool! It's sort of reminiscent of what Path of the Titans was going to be- an alternate form of progression that won't affect your combat capabilities.

Obviously like any idea, there would need to be polishing and probably some problems with some of the Traits, but holy shit is this an awesome idea. I would love to get something like this in game, and it would really help to lessen the sting of being grounded.

good ideas, obviously some present balance problems, but more depth to the mount system is very welcome +1