Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The savage theme seems to be more of joke than anything else now. These sets are so goddamn ugly it actually hurts just to look at them.

I was always crying about warlock being changed so many times and having to adapt to changes, and now I feel left out

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Clown suits in Wrath/Cataclysm/Pandaria? Yeah, no, in these expansions quest rewards formed aesthetically complete sets instead of totally random models of TBC gear. Most of the time there is only one or two sets per expansion as well. So do old world quest rewards after the revamp, but they have 4 or so different sets, changing every few dozen levels.

They looked fine enough. Cataclysm had pretty good cloth set, MoP's one was aesthetically pleasant, although not really my think, and WotLK one looked good enough. First of all though, they looked like cloth. These here "cloth" sets look like leather and fur. Last time I checked leather and fur are not the same thing as cloth. Especially in a game that has a specific armor category of "Leather". And it's not only an issue of Quest. Armor. The exact same thing applies to "cloth" set of LFR, which is raid armor. Mail and leather, both quest and LFR, are also off. This is crap design and laziness on Blizzard's part if they can't be even bothered to make SAVAGE looking cloth made of cloth and instead have to make it from SAVAGE materials. The only cloth sets that looks like actual, genuine cloth is the crafted gear.
    I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly had a clown suit while leveling, in every expansion. The pieces are there, sure, but between dungeon drops and different quest rewards, you're not likely to end up with a complete set. Even if you do, do people transmog while leveling? I don't see the point.

And while you can disagree with Blizzard's aesthetics to your heart's content - I do more often than I don't - I don't see how that translates into laziness. The Cloth armor does seem to be bordering on leather, but why would it be easier to design leather armor than cloth? That's not laziness, it's just a conscious design decision.

As for Leather and Mail, I don't see the arguments. You can plainly see the scale armor on the mail sets.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Am I the only one who thinks that the new armors are absolutely dreadful...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    I was always crying about warlock being changed so many times and having to adapt to changes, and now I feel left out
    Why would you want to change Warlock today ? 3 completely different spec with an amazing gameplay.

Even if affliction is destroyed in WoD, that still gives you 2 awesome spec to play with.

Am I missing something about the camouflage changes? They removed the stealth from subterfuge but they change camouflage to make it last 6sec while dealing or receiving dmg?

I was still under impression they couldn't get their crap together to even start filming the movie and now its 5 weeks till release. Sneaky sneaky

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmz390 View Post
    what is wrong with you all?

These are not tier sets or even blues....

They are quest reward greens, which you'll be vendoring or disenchanting every couple of hours at most.

OMG - I can't possibly be seen out and about killing 20 talbuks in those disgraceful garments!
    What are you eve talking about? My hunter will be using the 1st mail set shown as transmog all the time.... Exactly as I said gear should look when talking to guildies the other month...
    Has a very "survival" out in the savage wilderness that I wanted

Also....
    WINTER IS COMING

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the armorsets can get any uglier

I really don't like what I've seen so far.

a real mogger start to collect his first "set" on level 20-30 and share nothing to new ugly expansion sets!
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2014-05-02 at 01:19 PM.

These armor sets are great! They sport great detail. Sure the color is dull, but then again.. Quest greens.
    I like the fact that they are bringing asymmetric shoulders in the design and also big boots!

Mount 2.0. Concept is great as well.

Also really digging class specific weapons exclusive to Ashran. I hope other classes also have fun utility use effects in their weapons, too!

The quests rewards look better than the new LFR sets. That's messed up. Maybe these are really the LFR sets, and the LFR ones are the quest rewards? Gosh I hope so.

We'd rather be unsure and make the correct decisions when they need to be made, than make the wrong decisions and be too stubborn to change them.
    Really? Because reverting healing to the Cata model and taking away flying at 100 on game launch have pretty much proven before to be the wrong decisions and they're stubbornly forging ahead with them.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-05-02 at 08:19 PM.

*averts eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post

Quest. Armor. Armor that has never been - and will never be - aesthetically pleasing. Honestly, if a single set of any armor type looks decent, that's pretty good. Do you remember the clown suits we wore in classic? BC? Wrath? Cataclysm? Pandaria?
    if it was liek this then explain me why the heck im making fuckton gold on ah selling vanilla/tbc greens and blues - u not gonna tell me that its the lvling up chars paying 1-2k for some pieces -_-

All the cloth sets so far look absolutely terrible, even the LFR one The other ones are fine.

Deleted
    Again, as LFR sets, they look poor. No incentive to have them.

As always cloth looks like a rag, plate armor has most clean and simple design

Quote Originally Posted by MrLetiso View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that the new armors are absolutely dreadful...?
    Not at all. They look hideous. I just can't manage to get excited about WoD. I think LFR providing different gear is fine and less stats is fine too, but it needs to look just as cool as a PvP set or a Raid set, just different. To be fair though the Raid sets and PvP sets look like ass too. Seems like everything look so uninspired, like the designers have run out of ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really like these sets. I think its nice that even on the male model they are showing a bit more skin (which makes since to me in a more tribal setting.) I was getting bored of typical model sets. I will agree however the shoulder pad on the first cloth set is a bit strange. over all though 7.5/10 great set for a questing reward.

As far as the no flying thing goes, I'm all for it, but the forums are going to be a nightmare today. I can't wait!