Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly had a clown suit while leveling, in every expansion. The pieces are there, sure, but between dungeon drops and different quest rewards, you're not likely to end up with a complete set. Even if you do, do people transmog while leveling? I don't see the point.

And while you can disagree with Blizzard's aesthetics to your heart's content - I do more often than I don't - I don't see how that translates into laziness. The Cloth armor does seem to be bordering on leather, but why would it be easier to design leather armor than cloth? That's not laziness, it's just a conscious design decision.

As for Leather and Mail, I don't see the arguments. You can plainly see the scale armor on the mail sets.
    Then the same could be argued about raid gear. Until you get a full set, you still have the previous tier's one. Or in case of first tier, dungeon/quest reward/reputation/crafted gear. Moreover, the off pieces you may get can be lookalikes of different spec. In your case, since as far as I'm aware you play a Paladin, you may end with some gear that completes DK/Warrior set instead of paladin one. TBC questing gear was dubbed clown gear because even if you wore quest rewards only, you were hard pressed to find two items that at least had the same colour, let alone matching theme.

And it's not about transmoging during leveling, but after leveling. If the quest set is nice, why the hell not? I used Cata crafted set as my PvP transmog for a very long time.

Also, it's not that leather is easier to design on it's own. It's SAVAGE leather that's easier to design than SAVAGE cloth. Think about it, this whole SAVAGE theme stems from focus on Orc society before the start of Warcraft. A society of hunters and warriors. When they don't wear heavier armor for combat, they chill around in leather and fur clothes. With bones and tusks. Bonus points to SAVAGERY if it's from Draenor's SAVAGE wolves. Makes slightly less sense when you realize there's only one cold area on the continent, but Blizzard doesn't let such details phase them.

So instead of trying to make cloth armor look remotely savage in any way, they just made it leather and fur. On both quest sets and LFRaid set. But as I said, crafted gear looks great. Only the helm is off in my opinion, but there are alternatives. And I saw dungeon sets on WoWHead today, also nice. Also made of cloth.

I'll give you that the second mail set has some scale armor visible on legs, sides and arms beneath all that leather and fur. But it's still tons of leather and fur. LFR set and the first quest set have even worse mail/scale armor to leather/fur ratio. Same goes to leather. The second quest set has more leather, but the first one and LFR set are covered in metal from head to toe. The proportions are off.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2014-05-02 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quest reward sets are ugly... all of them.

Of course, it would be nice if they showed them on another race/gender, derp face human models are not great for showing how they look.

Edit: looks better on other races... like 200% better.
    Last edited by Vermicious; 2014-05-02 at 03:07 PM.

I actually like the cloth sets on the female human model (I didn't feel like testing it on all of them). I only hope there's a set of pants in my future, because Rae doesn't do kilts.

"Have you ever seen people this upset BEFORE AN EXPANSION WAS ACTUALLY RELEASED? Usually players are happy and excited for a new expansion!"

i laughed out loud when i read that question.

People have been consistently upset to ridiculous degree's for every expansion and major patch for the last 10 years.

Infact WoD has had less than usual. there's no real Venom yet but the expansion has plenty of time to arrive. in the oncoming months, we'll be seeing some reactions that finally match up with all the QQ and complaining that went on before all the other expansions released

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    If they're done shooting for the warcraft film in a measly 3 weeks, how the hell does editing take over a year and a half?
    Not %100 clear on the whole process. But I imagine by shooting they mean camera work. May not be counting CGI, music/sound production and all the editing it takes to overlay that, piecing everything together, all the advertising and hype build up, etc etc. All the real work.

And those quest sets are.. meh idk. Can't help but feel this Panda expansion has polluted WoWs art style permanently now when i look at them and that saddens me. The tier previews from awhile back look incredible at least, so that gives me hope.

If they're done shooting for the warcraft film in a measly 3 weeks, how the hell does editing take over a year and a half?
    Star Wars. They are afraid that it will come inbetween their ticket sales, lol.
    Last edited by Ayperos; 2014-05-02 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    More skin on males? Naturedrake approves +15.

Fits the more tribal theme of the Orcs IMO. And even though Draenei haven't been on Draenor for nearly as long as Orcs, I think it would be cool if we had a few pieces of armour fitting Draenic culture.

Deleted
    Ok, lets recap:

- What was good and what was not good in Warlords of Draenor?
    - Was Warlords of Draenor your favorite expansion and why?
    - Describe your feelings about raiding in WoD?
    - What expansion do you wish for the next one after WoD?
    - Do you still play WoD or are you waiting for the next expansion?

15+ Year Old Account
    I am very pleased to hear they aren't currently planning any nerfs to SoO. Shame such a decision came too late for me, unless it can actually pull me back in if they continue down that route, avoiding nerfs also on future content.
    Last edited by Duridi; 2014-05-02 at 04:44 PM.

There is most likely a LOT of visual effects work that needs to be done; they also give themselves time to do reshoots if necessary and then its up to the studio to pick when to release the film (as far as I know it doesn't have a set release date yet).

As far as the quest armor goes, its really sad that it looks a lot better than the LFR gear. Shit on LFR all you want, but the guys who created the LFR armor should be embarrased.

Shooting done in 3 weeks hahahaha , say hi to a movie thats probably 85% CGI.
    If thats the case at the end product they May as well done a hour and half long cinematic in house and saved themselves a fuck load of money!!!

No flying in WoD is lame, lazy, and a huge let down to those of us who've played since vanilla and been flying since TBC. Oh, they're making flying mounts work as ground mounts? HAHAHAHA. As someone whose mage has DW:TR, I know how stupid dragons running around on the ground look. I suppose they could fix that, but will they? No, they won't.

This is lame. I haven't preordered, and am still teetering on the brink. Honestly, I don't need to fly that much. On the other hand, it's stupid and I hate rewarding stupidity. I do enjoy raiding, but don't remember the last time I actually enjoyed leveling in an expansion. Blah.

That cloth set NSFW

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    Shooting done in 3 weeks hahahaha , say hi to a movie thats probably 85% CGI.
    If thats the case at the end product they May as well done a hour and half long cinematic in house and saved themselves a fuck load of money!!!
    They started shooting in January. 5 months is actually a pretty long shoot... the entire LotR trilogy (all three films) only spent 9 months on principal photography.

Well, I have to disagree with some of the people who are saying that quest reward greens were always ugly. I'm actually using the Vashj'ir quest reward plate as my warrior's transmog. But what they have shown of the WoD armours so far is just hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    No flying in WoD is lame, lazy, and a huge let down to those of us who've played since vanilla and been flying since TBC.
    I like how any time Blizzard does something objectively wrong because your opinion is gospel these days it's due to 'laziness' and nothing else. Looks like yet another word losing its meaning, like 'troll' or 'rehash'.
    Nonetheless, flying is an inexorable part of WoW's gameplay and it'd be a crying shame to see the entirety of WoD go by without it, but I don't get most of the blind complaining seeing as how we know they're designing the environment and alternative forms of travel around that sort of limitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

The warcraft movie will probably end up a flop like most video game movie adaptations.

As for the armour it's alright not the best but not the worst either, something tells me all these people complaining about it are doing so for the sake of complaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a five-month shoot (started filming in January) with a year and a half of post-production. That's a longer shoot than average for a big budget movie.

Post = visual effects, editing, pickups and reshoots, ADR, foley, scoring, etc.

It never ceases to amaze me just how little people know about what it takes to create the things they consume and complain about.

I just love how they flat out lie to people about not knowing if there will be flying or not. All of that is already decided. They already know what every tier of WoD is going to be. Everything is already planned out, that is how you run a business. They do not wait til the end of a tier to decided what the next tier will be. They are already planning on what comes after WoD. The only thing that will put flying back into WoD is if they lose a lot more $$ than their projections stated when they did a cost analysis of removing flying.

Nice armour there. I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    The warcraft movie will probably end up a flop like most video game movie adaptations.

As for the armour it's alright not the best but not the worst either, something tells me all these people complaining about it are doing so for the sake of complaining.
    It could be a flop or a success. Either way I am going to see it because why the hell not.