Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wod, Holy fire and self damage?

Discipline and Holy Priests can add a self-damaging utility to Holy Fire through a new Major Glyph.
    Am I getting this wrong?
    Does it make a spell that does damage to the enemy, damage myself with a major glyph?
    Why would I want Holy Fire to damage myself?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

So if a mage is about to cast polymorph on you, you break it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

To counter a polymorph.
    To bounce a PoM off yourself.
    To save yourself a repair bill if you're that stingy.
    To stand proud and say "I one-shot myself" on some boss mechanics

It is a PVP thing, that you can counter cc that break with dmg when damaging yourself (Polymorph from the top of my head). Shadow Word: Death is doing that now but they are moving it to shadow-only spells so not to remove this utility from priest they are giving you this option. I don't think there is a single use for it in PVE (I might be wrong though as I haven't played in some time).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Deleted
    Because they removed SW: D for disc and holy priests and it's needed for PvP - but this one is inferior to PW: D (CD, facing requirement, range).
    Now, I suspect that it will cast some mini DoT on us, that poly will clear, so it won't break poly at all. Because priest and because PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Because they removed SW: D for disc and holy priests and it's needed for PvP - but this one is inferior to PW: D (CD, facing requirement, range).
    Now, I suspect that it will cast some mini DoT on us, that poly will clear, so it won't break poly at all. Because priest and because PvP.
    http://wod.wowhead.com/item=110846

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    What a shame. Seems like they have learned.

Deleted
    As others have said this a PvP glyph to make up for the removal of Shadow Word: Death from Holy and Discipline which is removed to combat button bloat.

Holy Fire dot is rather weak so one shouldn't worry about situations where they kill themselves. The dot will do 25% (= 20% of 125%) of a current Holy Fire dot as damage to you.

A worthy decision I'd say. Brilliant train of thought from Blizzard.

Deleted
    yes please, mages be mad

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    It is a PVP thing, that you can counter cc that break with dmg when damaging yourself (Polymorph from the top of my head). Shadow Word: Death is doing that now but they are moving it to shadow-only spells so not to remove this utility from priest they are giving you this option. I don't think there is a single use for it in PVE (I might be wrong though as I haven't played in some time).
    Mages (and any cc class) can just glyph sheep to remove dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Key word: "initial damage".
    {[( )]}

Why is this a glyph but hand of sac, grounding totem, and tremor are still baseline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Why is this a glyph but hand of sac, grounding totem, and tremor are still baseline.
    Probably because holy fire only has a 10second cd not a 25-120second cd like those others.

Quote Originally Posted by willowywicca View Post
    Probably because holy fire only has a 10second cd not a 25-120second cd like those others.
    Then why don't they just increase the cooldown rather than make me have to waste a glyph slot on one of my anti cc's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    Then why don't they just increase the cooldown rather than make me have to waste a glyph slot on one of my anti cc's.
    Because it is supposed to have lower CD. Priest is the only class that can't get out of CC without burning trinket/WotF, so you can prevent some forms of CC more often.

Most worriesome about this is that holyfire requires you to face your target.

Because it is supposed to have lower CD. Priest is the only class that can't get out of CC without burning trinket/WotF, so you can prevent some forms of CC more often.
    I would prefer the just increase the cool down. So I can stop wasting a glyph slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    Most worriesome about this is that holyfire requires you to face your target.
    YES, and as I recall Death is 40yd and Holy fire is 30yd Yet another nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethidia View Post
    YES, and as I recall Death is 40yd and Holy fire is 30yd Yet another nerf.
    Yes, it is a nerf, but:
    -poly is 30yd
    -scatter is 20yd

Get it?

Yes, it is a nerf, but:
    -poly is 30yd
    -scatter is 20yd

Get it?
    110% that you will try getting poly'ed and Holy Fire is out of range...

Get it, latency.